• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for Boise St to put its money where it mouth is

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Boise kicked Utah's ass, repeatedly, in that era, we are like 4-0 against 'em this century as I recall. So thank your lucky stars that you got them, not us. And we cleaned house in Salt Lake twice, not a virtual home game in friendly New Orleans. Here are some highlights from the recent lopsided contests in which Utah hasn't scored more than 3 points against us in years.
Boise State Gerald Alexander's hit versus Utah - YouTube

:laugh3:

friendly New Orleans??? for Alabama????

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation, Boise State is not on the same level as Bama. Boise's stadium is not big enough to host Bama and due to that a home and home will not happen. Boise claims to be one of the big boys but asks for scrub team payouts.

Since you resorted to insults so quickly that just shows that you are grasping at straws and it's the first sign that you lost your argument, :clap: congratulations on sounding like a bigot.

Ah, now the quality of the team is determined by how many seats are in the stadium or the size of the budget?:wtf2: Unbelievable :bullshit:

You know, in every sport played on this planet, neither factor determines the winner. In every sport I know, the players line up and compete. In basketball, teams that play in 1500 seat cracker boxes have defeated ones that play in 30,000 ones. In baseball, teams from smaller schools routinely make it into the college world series. But suddenly the bizarre logic thinks that none of these rules apply to football. I guess that you must not consider it a sport.

Last time I checked none of the fans occupying those seats are permitted to score points, nor does the size of the payout determine the superior team.

But I get it, you SEC guys confuse sport with wallet size. Pity.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But I get it, you SEC guys confuse sport with wallet size. Pity."

Au contraire mon Smiley. There's no confusion at all. Respect is earned. Your clown school has only 1 lifetime win over a team that finished the season even ranked higher than 10th and it was against another pretender midmajor. Zero wins over a top 5 team. Clown stadium, clown turf, clown blue and orange colors. Worst of all. clown fans.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, now the quality of the team is determined by how many seats are in the stadium or the size of the budget?:wtf2: Unbelievable :bullshit:

You know, in every sport played on this planet, neither factor determines the winner. In every sport I know, the players line up and compete. In basketball, teams that play in 1500 seat cracker boxes have defeated ones that play in 30,000 ones. In baseball, teams from smaller schools routinely make it into the college world series. But suddenly the bizarre logic thinks that none of these rules apply to football. I guess that you must not consider it a sport.

Last time I checked none of the fans occupying those seats are permitted to score points, nor does the size of the payout determine the superior team.

But I get it, you SEC guys confuse sport with wallet size. Pity.

Grammarly Handbook | Period Grammar Rules

Now that you know what a period (.) means go back and properly re read my post. Your ignorance incorrectly combined two sentences.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Au contraire mon Smiley. There's no confusion at all. Respect is earned. Your clown school has only 1 lifetime win over a team that finished the season even ranked higher than 10th and it was against another pretender midmajor. Zero wins over a top 5 team. Clown stadium, clown turf, clown blue and orange colors. Worst of all. clown fans.

To be fair, Boise has one of the nations pre-eminent programs in clowning. A Bachelors in Clowning from Boise can open many doors for those who wish to pursue clowning as their career. The connections that one makes and the networking opportunities have placed Boise School of Clowning graduates in some of the most prestigious circuses in the world. Including the Ringling Brothers and Cirque De Soleil.

Learn a little history before you start clowning someone's clown school. A degree in clowning from Alabama might get you a part time gig in the Castellano's Circus or allow the graduate to travel with gypsies, nowhere near the prestige and perks from the Boise School of Clowning.

Sorry Boise fans. Couldn't help myself. Figured it was better coming from a supporter. :suds:

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn some football Clown Berkdoll. So easy a Bozo State fan could do it.

:noidea:

Did not your beloved tide get shitclocked a few months ago in the sugar? Did not your gumps get torched in the same sugar bowl in 2009 by a MWC team?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cat-fight-o.gif

Bama fans ^ ................... BSU fans ^

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is 8-6 all-time in the Sugar Bowl, 9-6 if we count 21-0 vs LSU. Your Barner Fife's are a measly 2-2-1 and have only made it there once since 1989. Learn some football clown.

I'm saying it's not a home game. I would think most people in new Orleans hate Alabama
Well since 89 we have 3 sec championships....how many does bama have?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying it's not a home game. I would think most people in new Orleans hate Alabama
Well since 89 we have 3 sec championships....how many does bama have?

They only hate Bama when they are playing LSU, otherwise they put on their Team SEC hats on and root for them because when Alabama wins the Sugar Bowl so does LSU, right?
:suds:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State did for college football what the Oakland A's under Billy Beane have done with baseball -- Boise has literally changed the game. Boise State had the BCS on it's heels running scared. Boise State even inspired the envy of teams like Alabama -- which we see being played out in this thread.

A small college football team will multiple BCS bowl victories and a handful of Top 10 finishes in 5 years. It has never happened before and probably will never happen again.

Nine top 15 finishes in eleven seasons from 2002 -2012. It was a fun run. The realist in me knows it's highly unlikely they'll ever get back to that level of success, but I'm excited to see them try.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you don't get many chances to play P5 teams when you're a mid-major and when you do, you can pretty much take it to the bank that you had to travel for it. That's how it is. And what do you know, when you beat them that in turn severely hurts that team's chances to finish in the top 10.

It's a legit point you make though. The EOY ranked teams that Boise has beaten in the last six seasons that I can think of off hand are #9 Oregon #11 Oregon, #6 TCU, #15 Virginia Tech, #24 Utah, and #19 Georgia. That's pretty damn good considering there haven't been many opportunities due to the weaker IC schedule strength and poor bowl tie-ins of the MWC.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3::laugh3:

SSDD

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't Worry Bama fans. They decided on a H and H with FSU. Might squash all the talk after that game. Especially if FSU actually takes the band and makes the Broncos listen to the warchant all game.

To the Michigan States, Oklahoma States, and Florida States, thank you for throwing Boise a bone by scheduling home and homes. Seriously much respect to y'all. You don't need to come to Boise but at this point seem willing to do so unless a buyout on the return game occurs. I don't give a damn what happens, seeing the mighty Seminoles flying around the Blue as a Boise fan? Fucking incredible.