• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Tebow Question

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a tough SOB I'll give him that. I think they'll just throw that game jersey away, Tide doesn't have a chance on that one haha.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of the Tebow hype is BECAUSE he's a Christian? I'm not asking how often his religion gets brought up in the hype, but how much of the hype is directly related to his religion? I don't see much, if any at all. Most of the hype is because he was such a successful college player.

However, by all accounts (and truly, EVERY SINGLE account out there) Tebow is a great person. Why would anyone want a great person to fail?

I don't watch football because of the kind of person the players are. Again, it's refreshing to see an athlete give something back (not because they have to, or because it's a good PR move, but because they actually want to), but that's not why I watch football. I watch football because I'm entertained by the game. Going 7-30 or whatever the hell his statline was today is just bad football.

But whatever. He's not the worst QB that ever was. The difference is, he seems off limits for criticism. His performance last week was poor, regardless of the outcome. His performance today was poor, regardless of the outcome. And none of that has anything to do with how great a guy he is.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just root for Tebow because the national Media is so determined and invested in him failing. Because of that I'd love for a miracle to happen where he turns into a good QB and they have to start licking his brown eye.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care one way or the other about him, but I hate the media (ESPN, NFL Network) talking about him all the damn time. Give it a rest. I dont give a shit about him. Talk about a good team not some nobody.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't watch football because of the kind of person the players are. Again, it's refreshing to see an athlete give something back (not because they have to, or because it's a good PR move, but because they actually want to), but that's not why I watch football. I watch football because I'm entertained by the game. Going 7-30 or whatever the hell his statline was today is just bad football.

But whatever. He's not the worst QB that ever was. The difference is, he seems off limits for criticism. His performance last week was poor, regardless of the outcome. His performance today was poor, regardless of the outcome. And none of that has anything to do with how great a guy he is.

You put the question in bold, typed two paragraphs, and didn't answer the question.

Why would anyone want a good person to fail?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put the question in bold, typed two paragraphs, and didn't answer the question.

Cause he is not on your favorite team?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One has nothing to do with the other. I want his performance to be critiqued fairly by the local honks. I thought I was quite clear about that.

But to answer your rhetoric, I want this particular good person to fail so some reality gets injected into the local sports media that is claiming Tebow is the most exciting person in all of professional sports.

Does that make me a bad person? I couldn't possibly care less. I'm tired of hearing about Tebow, the football player, when what is being said isn't "Wow, that was terrible."

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One has nothing to do with the other. I want his performance to be critiqued fairly by the local honks. I thought I was quite clear about that.

But to answer your rhetoric, I want this particular good person to fail so some reality gets injected into the local sports media that is claiming Tebow is the most exciting person in all of professional sports.

Does that make me a bad person? I couldn't possibly care less. I'm tired of hearing about Tebow, the football player, when what is being said isn't "Wow, that was terrible."

Wait. You bolded the question, then didn't answer it on purpose? I assume you intentionally put the question in bold. How can you now say your post had nothing to do with what you chose to hilight?

I don't think it makes you a bad person. I think it makes you a little bit off. Maybe a bit confused. But not a bad person.

Are there other good people that you want to see fail? Particularly in sports.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want to see every player in the league fail that isn't on the Niners, or, presumably, your fantasy team?

There can't be a single polarizing figure that people have more of an opinion on? It's the same thing to root against a Rae Carruth/Leonard Little/Maurice Clarett as it is to root against Tim Tebow?

This has nothing to do with media coverage, or on field performance, and that on field performance not being representative of said media coverage?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. You bolded the question, then didn't answer it on purpose? I assume you intentionally put the question in bold. How can you now say your post had nothing to do with what you chose to hilight?

I don't think it makes you a bad person. I think it makes you a little bit off. Maybe a bit confused. But not a bad person.

Are there other good people that you want to see fail? Particularly in sports.

What is off about it? Tebow is playing poorly. Local media is not only suggesting, but flat out telling their listeners otherwise. You don't have a problem with that?

What if I swore up and down that Alex Smith was the best QB in the game, and I was the only thing you listened to on radio. That wouldn't irritate you a little bit? That wouldn't rankle your sense of reality?

Obviously I can turn the station. But to what? I want to hear about things going on in the league. What I don't want to hear is, "TIM TEBOW IS THE BEST PLAYER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Are there other good people in sports I want to see fail? Who fits that category, as it specifically pertains to Tebow? Tebow is in very limited company. But if the entire Rams organization were filled with Tim Tebow types, you're absolutely right I would be rooting for them to fail. They're the enemy. I don't care if they're good people.

Suffice it to say, my opinion would be very different if Tebow weren't given the glowing reviews he is being given. My opinion would also be very different if the Broncos looked like a competent football team. I don't care who is playing on tv as long as it's a good product. The Broncos are simply not good football at the moment. I don't think I'd cheer for non-stop, round the clock coverage of Tebow if the Broncos were to win SB's and become THE dominant team, but I could at least respect what they, and he, were doing on the field.

Eh, whatever. Niners win today. Seattle and Cards lose. Good day.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There can't be a single polarizing figure that people have more of an opinion on? It's the same thing to root against a Rae Carruth/Leonard Little/Maurice Clarett as it is to root against Tim Tebow?

This has nothing to do with media coverage, or on field performance, and that on field performance not being representative of said media coverage?

So it's the same to root against people regardless of their character? So it is just as acceptable to root against someone like Nelson Mandela as it would be Ghadaffi?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What is off about it? Tebow is playing poorly. Local media is not only suggesting, but flat out telling their listeners otherwise. You don't have a problem with that?

What if I swore up and down that Alex Smith was the best QB in the game, and I was the only thing you listened to on radio. That wouldn't irritate you a little bit? That wouldn't rankle your sense of reality?

Obviously I can turn the station. But to what? I want to hear about things going on in the league. What I don't want to hear is, "TIM TEBOW IS THE BEST PLAYER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Are there other good people in sports I want to see fail? Who fits that category, as it specifically pertains to Tebow? Tebow is in very limited company. But if the entire Rams organization were filled with Tim Tebow types, you're absolutely right I would be rooting for them to fail. They're the enemy. I don't care if they're good people.

Suffice it to say, my opinion would be very different if Tebow weren't given the glowing reviews he is being given. My opinion would also be very different if the Broncos looked like a competent football team. I don't care who is playing on tv as long as it's a good product. The Broncos are simply not good football at the moment. I don't think I'd cheer for non-stop, round the clock coverage of Tebow if the Broncos were to win SB's and become THE dominant team, but I could at least respect what they, and he, were doing on the field.

Eh, whatever. Niners win today. Seattle and Cards lose. Good day.

What's off about it is rooting for him to fail. Is it Tebow's fault he gets the coverage he does? Shout down the media that is covering him, but don't root for him to fail. Isn't that one of the things we criticized Cazic for?

What has Tim Tebow done to deserve you're wanting to see him fail?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's off about it is rooting for him to fail. Is it Tebow's fault he gets the coverage he does? Shout down the media that is covering him, but don't root for him to fail. Isn't that one of the things we criticized Cazic for?

Nothing. His failure causes the local media to stop propping him up. Hopefully, though they might not. They've already given him the keys to the city, so...

What do you expect one radio listener to do to stop non-stop "HE'S THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!!!!!!!!"?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's your argument. Not mine.

Yes, by saying it's wrong to root against the good people in the world, I'm saying you should root against Mandela and Ghadaffi equally.

Or was it you that brought up Rae Carruth, Leonard Little and Maurice Clarett in the same sentence as Tim Tebow?

Are you saying that Tebow and Carruth are equals in character?

If I'm misunderstanding, please, clarify the below statement.

It's the same thing to root against a Rae Carruth/Leonard Little/Maurice Clarett as it is to root against Tim Tebow?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say it was his fault. I went to great length to describe that it's the local media's problem.

You're awfully quick to throw the "Cazic" insult out there.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't say it was his fault. I went to great length to describe that it's the local media's problem.

You're awfully quick to throw the "Cazic" insult out there.

You are hoping Tebow fails because of the media coverage. Cazic always enjoyed seeing Smith fail most after people said positive things about him. I also didn't throw a Cazic insult. I simply asked if you were doing something he was ripped for.

If it's not Tebow's fault, why want him to fail?

Why do you want Tebow to fail?