• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Tebow Question

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His name is loaded. So when you said fuck Tebow I read that like someone saying fuck Britney Spears. His name represents a lot more than what he is as an individual. Probably should have made it more clear, but I did get a good sense of where you were coming from.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His name is loaded. So when you said fuck Tebow I read that like someone saying fuck Britney Spears. His name represents a lot more than what he is as an individual. Probably should have made it more clear, but I did get a good sense of where you were coming from.

You're probably right. I only look at it from a football POV. I could care less about what he represents. I would say it's similar to my view on Bill Clinton. He fucked Monica Lewinsky and i could care less about it because i only care about what he did as a President and I thought he did a kick ass job (my opinion). I consider people's private lives their own business. Tebow can be a great Christian and that's all fine with me because it's his own business. I just don't think it's a reason to hype him up. Hopefully that's cleared up now.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're probably right. I only look at it from a football POV. I could care less about what he represents. I would say it's similar to my view on Bill Clinton. He fucked Monica Lewinsky and i could care less about it because i only care about what he did as a President and I thought he did a kick ass job (my opinion). I consider people's private lives their own business. Tebow can be a great Christian and that's all fine with me because it's his own business. I just don't think it's a reason to hype him up. Hopefully that's cleared up now.

How much of the Tebow hype is BECAUSE he's a Christian? I'm not asking how often his religion gets brought up in the hype, but how much of the hype is directly related to his religion? I don't see much, if any at all. Most of the hype is because he was such a successful college player.

However, by all accounts (and truly, EVERY SINGLE account out there) Tebow is a great person. Why would anyone want a great person to fail?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of the Tebow hype is BECAUSE he's a Christian? I'm not asking how often his religion gets brought up in the hype, but how much of the hype is directly related to his religion? I don't see much, if any at all. Most of the hype is because he was such a successful college player.

However, by all accounts (and truly, EVERY SINGLE account out there) Tebow is a great person. Why would anyone want a great person to fail?

What i was trying to say is i don't give a shit at all about his personal life. Their personal life is their personal life. There was that talk about the Super Bowl commercial and they talked quite a bit about it when he was in college as well as certain commentators bringing it up and that's all fine and dandy. My concern with the Tebow hype is the fact that he hasn't done anything in the NFL to deserve so much attention. I'm talking strictly football. That's all i care about as far as Tebow or anybody else is concerned.

Oh, you're right. There is no question he is a good person. There are plenty of good people who try to make it in the NFL who just aren't good enough to play the game. I have seen nothing from the kid to believe he has what it takes to be a QB in the NFL. If the guy can improve his accuracy, pocket presence, ability to handle pressure, and come up with a quick release, than he deserves to be hyped. That's just simply not the case.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What i was trying to say is i don't give a shit at all about his personal life. Their personal life is their personal life. There was that talk about the Super Bowl commercial and they talked quite a bit about it when he was in college as well as certain commentators bringing it up and that's all fine and dandy. My concern with the Tebow hype is the fact that he hasn't done anything in the NFL to deserve so much attention. I'm talking strictly football. That's all i care about as far as Tebow or anybody else is concerned.

Oh, you're right. There is no question he is a good person. There are plenty of good people who try to make it in the NFL who just aren't good enough to play the game. I have seen nothing from the kid to believe he has what it takes to be a QB in the NFL. If the guy can improve his accuracy, pocket presence, ability to handle pressure, and come up with a quick release, than he deserves to be hyped. That's just simply not the case.

So you must hate all the Andrew Luck hype as well then. Draft time must suck for you when all the prospects are getting hype for what they may do in the NFL without having done anything in the NFL.

I don't remember rants from you about Newton though. I suppose we should say Fuck Colin Kaepernick though. And fuck every player sitting on a bench somewhere that hasn't proven anything in the NFL yet.

Fuck Alex Boone.
Fuck Ian Williams
Fuck Demarcus Dobbs
Fuck Chris Culliver (he's done less than Tebow)

What if he has improved those things at practice?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you must hate all the Andrew Luck hype as well then. Draft time must suck for you when all the prospects are getting hype for what they may do in the NFL without having done anything in the NFL.

I don't remember rants from you about Newton though. I suppose we should say Fuck Colin Kaepernick though. And fuck every player sitting on a bench somewhere that hasn't proven anything in the NFL yet.

Fuck Alex Boone.
Fuck Ian Williams
Fuck Demarcus Dobbs
Fuck Chris Culliver (he's done less than Tebow)

What if he has improved those things at practice?

At least Andrew Luck has skills that translate to the NFL. Tebow's skill set doesn't transfer and he hasn't shown that he can learn the things he needs to in order to be a successful NFL QB.

I wasn't a fan of Newton, but he's proven me wrong so far and i have openly admitted that a couple of times. Same goes for Bradford.

When have any of those guys you named been hyped up? I have hardly heard a word on any of them. The first time I've heard Culliver's name mentioned was after his first interception.

I think you are taking it out of context now. I've said my peace on this matter. If and when Tebow proves he can be a starting caliber QB i will be happy to admit i was wrong. Until then...

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What has Bradford really done that Tebow hasnt? I have never understood the 'Bradford hype'. I think he was vastly overrated last year.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I understand the concept that being a winner doesnt translate to the NFL. We can look at Ken Dorsey as an example for that. Although Dorsey played on much more talented teams in my opinion than Tebow. Same thing with Matt Lienart, although I believe Tebow has much more raw talent than those two.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At least Andrew Luck has skills that translate to the NFL. Tebow's skill set doesn't transfer and he hasn't shown that he can learn the things he needs to in order to be a successful NFL QB.

I wasn't a fan of Newton, but he's proven me wrong so far and i have openly admitted that a couple of times. Same goes for Bradford.

When have any of those guys you named been hyped up? I have hardly heard a word on any of them. The first time I've heard Culliver's name mentioned was after his first interception.

I think you are taking it out of context now. I've said my peace on this matter. If and when Tebow proves he can be a starting caliber QB i will be happy to admit i was wrong. Until then...

Well, on this board Dobbs and Williams have been very hyped. There were people here that wanted Dobbs to START for us this year. He had way more hype than he had earned here.

You hadn't heard Culliver's name until his interception? Like the others, this board was begging for Culliver for weeks. There is a thread right now discussing Culliver shutting down Calvin Johnson. Shouldn't you go in there and tell all those people to fuck off?

Tebow has done more in the NFL than Luck has. You said you're tired of the Tebow hype because he's done nothing in the NFL to deserve it. What has Luck done in the NFL to deserve any of the hype?

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When the Colts draft Luck, he will be super hyped even though he will be playing behind Manning :)

bungerman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

They do it in reverse these days apparently. I don't remember anyone talking about Reggie White's religion until he was already destroying everyone on the field.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, on this board Dobbs and Williams have been very hyped. There were people here that wanted Dobbs to START for us this year. He had way more hype than he had earned here.

You hadn't heard Culliver's name until his interception? Like the others, this board was begging for Culliver for weeks. There is a thread right now discussing Culliver shutting down Calvin Johnson. Shouldn't you go in there and tell all those people to fuck off?

Tebow has done more in the NFL than Luck has. You said you're tired of the Tebow hype because he's done nothing in the NFL to deserve it. What has Luck done in the NFL to deserve any of the hype?

Of course i have heard of those guys. Culliver wasn't talked about by the National media until he made an interception. There was speculation about what they would do by all of us. You are taking it to the extreme. Get off Tebows nuts already. I've stated my case and i said that what i meant was Fuck the Tebow hype and that's my opinion to make. Not yours. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

Of course Luck hasn't done anything. I never said he did. I said "Luck has skills that translate to the NFL". Don't put words in my mouth.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Of course i have heard of those guys. Culliver wasn't talked about by the National media until he made an interception. There was speculation about what they would do by all of us. You are taking it to the extreme. Get off Tebows nuts already. I've stated my case and i said that what i meant was Fuck the Tebow hype and that's my opinion to make. Not yours. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

Of course Luck hasn't done anything. I never said he did. I said "Luck has skills that translate to the NFL". Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm on Tebow's nuts? All I've said about him as a football player is that I don't think he'll make it. Talk about putting words in people's mouths.

Your words were that you didn't like the Tebow hype because he has done nothing in the NFL to deserve it. There is more Luck hype (SUCK FOR LUCK) then Tebow, Tebow's done more in the NFL than Luck.

Logic dictates. . . . nevermind, if logic dictates it, you won't get it.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on Tebow's nuts? All I've said about him as a football player is that I don't think he'll make it. Talk about putting words in people's mouths.

Your words were that you didn't like the Tebow hype because he has done nothing in the NFL to deserve it. There is more Luck hype (SUCK FOR LUCK) then Tebow, Tebow's done more in the NFL than Luck.

Logic dictates. . . . nevermind, if logic dictates it, you won't get it.

I said his skills don't translate and he has done nothing to prove that he's fixed that and that Luck's do translate.

You're sure going to a lot of trouble to protect Tim Tebows image. You are dragging this out much longer then it ever needed to be. Sorry you can't accept the fact that I am tired of the hype on him. I guess that didn't come with your bachelors degree.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I said his skills don't translate and he has done nothing to prove that he's fixed that and that Luck's do translate.

You're sure going to a lot of trouble to protect Tim Tebows image. You are dragging this out much longer then it ever needed to be. Sorry you can't accept the fact that I am tired of the hype on him. I guess that didn't come with your bachelors degree.

It's funny that you say I keep dragging this out. You can stop replying any time.

I look forward to your rants about all the prospects being overhyped. You should be ranting in the college thread though.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that you say I keep dragging this out. You can stop replying any time.

I look forward to your rants about all the prospects being overhyped. You should be ranting in the college thread though.

Oh you can count on me being there to give my opinions and also to ask the opinions of others on college players.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh you can count on me being there to give my opinions and also to ask the opinions of others on college players.

The only opinion you should be expressing is that you're tired of the hype for guys that haven't done anything in the NFL.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sounds like you are upset because since "Tebow's skills don't translate to the NFL," you don't want him to be given an opportunity to prove you wrong & become a successful NFL QB.

And the HYPE behind Tebow has NOT been because of his religion. I can think of multiple stories on ESPN that made light of the religious beliefs of players, but not a whole lot that hyped them because their beliefs.