• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Tebow Question

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like you are upset because since "Tebow's skills don't translate to the NFL," you don't want him to be given an opportunity to prove you wrong & become a successful NFL QB.

And the HYPE behind Tebow has NOT been because of his religion. I can think of multiple stories on ESPN that made light of the religious beliefs of players, but not a whole lot that hyped them because their beliefs.

Well, he's going to get the chance to prove me wrong so we will see.

I've said multiple times i don't care about his religious beliefs. If it gets talked about then it gets talked about, but i really don't give a shit because it has nothing to do with football.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only opinion you should be expressing is that you're tired of the hype for guys that haven't done anything in the NFL.

So because i am tired of one person getting talked about and hyped constantly that means i have to dislike all college players? I have and will always express my opinions on players and specify if i think their game translates. Tell me imac, since you know everything. What has Tebow shown you that proves he has what it takes to be a Starting QB in the NFL? Why can't you wrap that rather large head of yours around what i am saying?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So because i am tired of one person getting talked about and hyped constantly that means i have to dislike all college players? I have and will always express my opinions on players and specify if i think their game translates. Tell me imac, since you know everything. What has Tebow shown you that proves he has what it takes to be a Starting QB in the NFL? Why can't you wrap that rather large head of yours around what i am saying?

You said you're tired of the hype because he hasn't done anything in the NFL. Which college player has done anything in the NFL? If not producing in the NFL is your reason, apply it uniformly.

And please, show me where I said Tebow can be a good starting QB. Please.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said you're tired of the hype because he hasn't done anything in the NFL. Which college player has done anything in the NFL? If not producing in the NFL is your reason, apply it uniformly.

And please, show me where I said Tebow can be a good starting QB. Please.

Well, i also said he hasn't done anything to prove that he has made the adjustments that he needs to make to be an NFL QB.

No you didn't, but you have been defending him for the past 3 days, so i figured you would have a reasonable argument to explain why I am wrong about him?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, i also said he hasn't done anything to prove that he has made the adjustments that he needs to make to be an NFL QB.

No you didn't, but you have been defending him for the past 3 days, so i figured you would have a reasonable argument to explain why I am wrong about him?

Show me where I defended Tebow.

Will Luck have to make adjustments to be successful in the NFL, or could he walk into a starting job right now and win?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a question about Tebow. How come after Tebow was named the starter Lloyd and Royal both requested to be traded?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I defended Tebow.

Will Luck have to make adjustments to be successful in the NFL, or could he walk into a starting job right now and win?

He's definitely better in all of the areas Tebow needs to improve upon. He's more accurate (short, medium, and long range), has better pocket awareness, better vision, better at reading Defenses, and is capable of making the throws that will be required of him in the NFL. Is he ready to come right in and start? Probably, but he's got to prove that.

Tebow hasn't ever shown the skills that Luck possesses. He's not an NFL caliber QB (right now) and hasn't shown that he can be (yet). Maybe he will improve in those areas and lead his team to victories, maybe he won't. There are plenty of QB's who were "winners" in college that can't translate to the NFL. The most common argument i hear defending Tebow is the fact that he is a "winner". I don't see that as a reason for him to be successful at this level. I'd love to hear why anyone thinks he possesses what it takes for him to be a starting caliber QB in the NFL.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's definitely better in all of the areas Tebow needs to improve upon. He's more accurate (short, medium, and long range), has better pocket awareness, better vision, better at reading Defenses, and is capable of making the throws that will be required of him in the NFL. Is he ready to come right in and start? Probably, but he's got to prove that.

Tebow hasn't ever shown the skills that Luck possesses. He's not an NFL caliber QB (right now) and hasn't shown that he can be (yet). Maybe he will improve in those areas and lead his team to victories, maybe he won't. There are plenty of QB's who were "winners" in college that can't translate to the NFL. The most common argument i hear defending Tebow is the fact that he is a "winner". I don't see that as a reason for him to be successful at this level. I'd love to hear why anyone thinks he possesses what it takes for him to be a starting caliber QB in the NFL.

I didn't ask you to compare Tebow and Luck. I'll try again.

Is Andrew Luck right now capable of coming into the NFL and being a successful QB without making any adjustments?

I'm also looking forward to you showing me where I said Tebow could be a good QB. You get very upset when I allegedly put words in your mouth, so clearly I must have said Tebow will be good because there's no way you would put words in my mouth after how upset you got when you felt I did it to you.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't ask you to compare Tebow and Luck. I'll try again.

Is Andrew Luck right now capable of coming into the NFL and being a successful QB without making any adjustments?

I'm also looking forward to you showing me where I said Tebow could be a good QB. You get very upset when I allegedly put words in your mouth, so clearly I must have said Tebow will be good because there's no way you would put words in my mouth after how upset you got when you felt I did it to you.

He's going to have to make adjustments, sure. He's going to have to learn how to run an Offense against NFL Defenses. Everyone has to make adjustments. He also hasn't had the time that Tebow has had in the NFL. Tebow hasn't shown he can make the adjustments necessary (yet).

You have been sticking up for him this whole time. Oh, are you still on that bit about what i said regarding the fact that he hasn't proven anything in the NFL? Well, let me explain that to you since i have to spell it all out for you. He hasn't proven in practice or games that he is capable of making the adjustments necessary (hence as to why he was really 3rd on the depth chart). I never said that you said Tebow can be a successful NFL QB, but i thought you may have a reason since you have been defending him against my comments that he is being hyped up.

My argument is that he hasn't shown that he's capable of making the adjustments he needs to make in order to be successful at this level. I don't see what you don't understand about that? If you disagree with that comment then prove to me that i am wrong. If you don't think he has what it takes either than what is your argument?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tim Tebow makes Cam Newton looks like the next Dan Marino

LOL, Tebow will only be successful when he joins the UFL in 3 years.

John Elways job is on the line

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the Broncos-Dolphins game and was impressed by the number of Bronco defensive players that came up and hugged him at the end. They obviously respect him as a person.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing invested in Tebow but I guess I root for him becuase the liberal media is against him.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I despised him in College but that was because he was always killing my Vols. Now that he's in the league and back to starting again, I'm a huge fan. I'll go out of my way to watch any Broncos game I can online now. If I get nutty enough I'll get a Chinese Tebow jersey.

I live in Albuquerque. I'm forced to watch Dallas and Denver every week as two of the three televised network games. Tip. It's REALLY bad football. It makes our 2-14 04 season look like competent football. The Broncos look like a JV squad. They play in a division with three other very mediocre teams that specialize in a brand of football that isn't exactly exciting to watch.

I have to hear how great Tebow is on every local talk show, morning and evening. They're not saying "he's a winner." They're saying "HE'S THE GREATEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO FOOTBALL!!!!" and "HIS PERFORMANCE WAS AMAZING!!!!!" For an entire week I had to hear that Tebow's first 55 minutes against Miami should be utterly eradicated because he came back and won that game.

For an entire week I had to hear that it doesn't matter how bad Miami is. One of the local honks even suggested that there is no difference at all between beating a team like Green Bay and beating a team like Miami, because they're all NFL teams, and they're all NFL players, and "any given Sunday blah blah blah."

Do I hate Tebow? No. I don't subscribe to his beliefs, or his methodology, but it's America, and he's free to believe and speak in whatever fashion he see fit. I actually don't care at all about that. It's a bit refreshing to see a professional athlete actually give something back to society because he's genuine.

What bothers me is that his performance at this level doesn't warrant the attention he is being given. That's not on him. That's on the media (local in my case). But the quickest path to getting the Tebow apologists to stop talking about him is for him to fail. Because if he's being talked about performing like this, what is it going to be like if he starts to succeed? Yikes.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Albuquerque. I'm forced to watch Dallas and Denver every week as two of the three televised network games. Tip. It's REALLY bad football. It makes our 2-14 04 season look like competent football. The Broncos look like a JV squad. They play in a division with three other very mediocre teams that specialize in a brand of football that isn't exactly exciting to watch.

I have to hear how great Tebow is on every local talk show, morning and evening. They're not saying "he's a winner." They're saying "HE'S THE GREATEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO FOOTBALL!!!!" and "HIS PERFORMANCE WAS AMAZING!!!!!" For an entire week I had to hear that Tebow's first 55 minutes against Miami should be utterly eradicated because he came back and won that game.

For an entire week I had to hear that it doesn't matter how bad Miami is. One of the local honks even suggested that there is no difference at all between beating a team like Green Bay and beating a team like Miami, because they're all NFL teams, and they're all NFL players, and "any given Sunday blah blah blah."

Do I hate Tebow? No. I don't subscribe to his beliefs, or his methodology, but it's America, and he's free to believe and speak in whatever fashion he see fit. I actually don't care at all about that. It's a bit refreshing to see a professional athlete actually give something back to society because he's genuine.

What bothers me is that his performance at this level doesn't warrant the attention he is being given. That's not on him. That's on the media (local in my case). But the quickest path to getting the Tebow apologists to stop talking about him is for him to fail. Because if he's being talked about performing like this, what is it going to be like if he starts to succeed? Yikes.

Here's to hoping it's a little quieter this week.