• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday, July 11th Conversation: Dbacks vs. Brewers

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montero should change his walkup song to "If I were a boy" by Beyonce

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went to the Brewers forum on here and no one is there. This site will probably get more action when the facebook comments kick in.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That catch by parra is exactly the reason why I think we should always have our best outfield defenders playing.

I would really look into trading Kubel and possibly even Ross. Neither one of them has lived up to their contracts. If the d'backs actually traded both of them, they could start Parra, Pollock, and Eaton, and have Prado as the fourth outfielder. Prado as the fourth outfielder would open up more playing time for Chavez and Pennington if the Gibson wanted to give them more time. They could also bring back Alfredo Marte or someone else if they wanted instead of using Prado as the fourth outfielder.

Pollock and Eaton both make less than 500k this year, so combined their salaries are not even 1 million dollars. Ross and Kubel combined salaries are 13.5 million dollars this year. I would much rather spend that 13.5 million dollars on a top quality pitcher than spend it on Ross and Kubel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went to the Brewers forum on here and no one is there. This site will probably get more action when the facebook comments kick in.

Yeah before we got here the DBacks board has like 4 threads. Now we have the second most commented thread in the past day. Not bad. Hopefully lots of people come here for every team too.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you go to "MLB- National League" on the top then it shows you how many posts total each team has. Some teams have tons some have hardly any.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That catch by parra is exactly the reason why I think we should always have our best outfield defenders playing.

I would really look into trading Kubel and possibly even Ross. Neither one of them has lived up to their contracts. If the d'backs actually traded both of them, they could start Parra, Pollock, and Eaton, and have Prado as the fourth outfielder. Prado as the fourth outfielder would open up more playing time for Chavez and Pennington if the Gibson wanted to give them more time. They could also bring back Alfredo Marte or someone else if they wanted instead of using Prado as the fourth outfielder.

Pollock and Eaton both make less than 500k this year, so combined their salaries are not even 1 million dollars. Ross and Kubel combined salaries are 13.5 million dollars this year. I would much rather spend that 13.5 million dollars on a top quality pitcher rather than spend it on Ross and Kubel.

I really really think Koobz is gone, because not only does he probably have more trade value than Ross, his contract is up after this year. I think Ross would be harder to trade but if they could I would do that one too. Neither is providing anything Pollock isn't doing better.