• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 2017-18 Utah Jazz Games

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cavaliers vs. Jazz - Game Recap - December 30, 2017 - ESPN: Spoiling King James' birthday and handing him his 7th straight loss in Utah only has one regret - that I did not purchase tickets to the game as my 1-2 games I go to per year. Should have anticipated this. Great offensive play by Mitchell (multiple) and one perfect defensive possession by Sefolosha gave us the win at home.

2. Spurs vs. Jazz - Game Recap - December 21, 2017 - ESPN: No Mitchell or Gobert? No problem. At least for the semi-annual Rodney Hood offensive explosion game. Not sure we win this game on the road, but beating San Antonio, withstanding a third quarter surge by the Spurs, is a good thing.

3. Jazz vs. Celtics - Game Recap - December 15, 2017 - ESPN: No, I'm not listing this because of Hayward. He wasn't there. He's not the reason why Boston is good. And we beat them. Not saying this means anything about the two teams, but it was a good showing on the road with Gobert and Favors going down early. If we do it again, which will be harder, but at home, though I'm not sure the advantage is that strong any more, it would be an even greater thing. But this stands firmly as the third best game of the soon-to-be half-over season.

4. Jazz vs. Cavaliers - Game Recap - December 16, 2017 - ESPN: This game is not just here because I'm ranking best teams, but rather that it was a 5 point game with 3 minutes to go, on the road. While I don't think home court advantage is as strong as it was last year, playing on the road for this team has not been great. Consolation prizes aren't earned in losses, but Top Ten in a Yet-to-Be 40 games old season? Yep.

5. Wizards vs. Jazz - Game Recap - December 4, 2017 - ESPN: Blowouts over now-8th best record teams don't happen often. This game got out of hand early and the lead wasn't let go when the reserves came in - it was increased. While I was upset with who was playing to end the third, start the fourth, was not upset with the results.

6. Bucks vs. Jazz - Game Recap - November 25, 2017 - ESPN: 18 three pointers, beating the 9th best record team with one of the best players, and a big game by Mitchell. It had a bit of everything.

7. Thunder vs. Jazz - Game Recap - October 21, 2017 - ESPN: Early in the season, it doesn't mean as much, but starting out 2-1 with the loss being a close loss to a top 7 record team? Good game. Beating OKC ensured no in-season divisional sweep - though I don't think divisions are important in the NBA for bubble teams - who are looking less bubbly now than before.

8. Pelicans vs. Jazz - Game Recap - December 1, 2017 - ESPN: This game is so low on the list because I don't like highlighting individual performances over .500 teams too much (even though the Jazz are not .500). But a rookie, Mitchell, scoring 41 points, shooting well, and assisting the ball? Yep, Top Ten. It won't climb this list but wouldn't be surprised if it stays near the Top Ten all season.

9. Nuggets vs. Jazz - Game Recap - November 28, 2017 - ESPN: 29-point win over the Nuggets, who are a .541 team, after beating them in the season opener means more than in the past.

10. Nuggets vs. Jazz - Game Recap - October 18, 2017 - ESPN: Season opening wins are great, especially with ten assists for the first time in Snyder's coaching career, I think. Awesome. Wish we could have stayed above .500 with this game starting the season, but oh well. A win is a win, over a superior team.

11. Trail Blazers vs. Jazz - Game Recap - November 1, 2017 - ESPN: Win over a top-half team in overtime saves me from adding it to the what-if pile. Didn't defend Lilliard well, but that's to be expected. We often try to stop everyone else by the opponent's star, hoping they can't do it alone. Portland almost did.

12. Jazz vs. Clippers - Game Recap - November 30, 2017 - ESPN: Beating the Clippers is always fun, even if it may happen more often now. Big game for Burks, scoring 28 points.

13. Bulls vs. Jazz - Game Recap - November 22, 2017 - ESPN: This game is higher than it should be since Chicago is not a good team this year. However, beating them by 30 after they won in the last 14 seconds, is a good thing. Does not deserve Top Ten designation, but beats out the next game.

14. Nets vs. Jazz - Game Recap - November 11, 2017 - ESPN: Sometimes, you have to beat the teams around you, at home, and sometimes it's the 14th best game so far. I hope this game is well down the list when the season ends.

15. Mavericks vs. Jazz - Game Recap - October 30, 2017 - ESPN: Believe it or not, the Nets have surpassed the Mavericks, who aren't a good team this year or last. However, a convincing win deserves a top 20 listing in a soon-to-be 40 game season. Hood had a good one-dimensional game.

16. Jazz vs. Magic - Game Recap - November 18, 2017 - ESPN: 40-point wins over terrible games still deserve mention. This game will not be above the top-15 but should take better games to jump it. There's no better way to show you are not in that last tier of teams than a big victory on the road over them.

17. Lakers vs. Jazz - Game Recap - October 28, 2017 - ESPN: This game is here because of the high Laker fanbase in Utah. Lakers are not a good team this year, but there was, has, and always will be too many Laker fans in the Jazz stadium. First big offensive output by Mitchell, scoring 22 points.

18. Jazz vs. Timberwolves - Game Recap - October 20, 2017 - ESPN: Losing in the last minute is AWFUL, but despite the anger at the what-ifs, it's better than the bigger losses, especially to good teams. Minnesota is Top 7 in record this year. Second game of the season is a struggle for both teams and the better team won, but best of the losses outside of the Cleveland game.

19. Raptors vs. Jazz - Game Recap - November 3, 2017 - ESPN: I debated whether this game, against a better team than the Timberwolves should jump the Minnesota game, but looking at the box score. The Jazz never led in the 4th and was behind early in the third. Not as competitive against a better team versus almost winning against another good team.

20. Jazz vs. Thunder - Game Recap - December 5, 2017 - ESPN: Competitive game against the Thunder, but falling short convincingly.

21. Jazz vs. Bulls - Game Recap - December 13, 2017 - ESPN: This would have been among the last wins mentioned and closer than the losses not mentioned, so losing in the last 14 seconds, albeit to a bad Chicago team, makes the Top 22 so far.

22. Jazz vs. Rockets - Game Recap - December 18, 2017 - ESPN: Mentioning this game above the Houston game below because we were winning through three quarters. Not sure what happened beyond a hot, hot streak of shooting by the Rockets and us getting cold. 41-15 in the 4th quarter, ouch.

23. Rockets vs. Jazz - Game Recap - December 7, 2017 - ESPN: This game was out of hand early, but good garbage time play by the reserves may help with experience?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a reply in this thread.

Where did it go?

If it's in another thread, can you "copy" instead of "move" it here?

EDIT:

This was the post. It would be good if you can "copy" it here (does Xenforo allow copying?):

Donovan Mitchell's Best Games

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cavaliers vs. Jazz - Game Recap - December 30, 2017 - ESPN: Spoiling King James' birthday and handing him his 7th straight loss in Utah only has one regret - that I did not purchase tickets to the game as my 1-2 games I go to per year. Should have anticipated this. Great offensive play by Mitchell (multiple) and one perfect defensive possession by Sefolosha gave us the win at home.

Average margin of defeat by James in that streak is 5.0 points.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a reply in this thread.

Where did it go?

If it's in another thread, can you "copy" instead of "move" it here?

EDIT:

This was the post. It would be good if you can "copy" it here (does Xenforo allow copying?):

Donovan Mitchell's Best Games

I can, but it automatically puts them in date order. Since that thread was done first, it would show up first. I can copy an paste it here, but I don't want to then update both threads when I update that one. So it is merge or no merge. Kind of the reason why I took awhile to make the Free Preview thread, as I thought I would be sending it backwards, but it worked out.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I see now. There's a Top Utah Jazz thread, and a Donovan Mitchell's best games thread. Both refer to the Cleveland game.

That's fine, leave it in that thread.