• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Michigan sign stealing allegations?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if it was a calculated move by JH or not.

This stuff has happened under his watch. The W/L record before and after CS is very odd.

And the HC is ultimately responsible for anything that goes on with his program.
the before and after CS is odd? How? They added Corum and McCarthy and had a bad ass OLine. The difference between an elite QB and a shit QB alone explains that record difference.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the before and after CS is odd? How? They added Corum and McCarthy and had a bad ass OLine. The difference between an elite QB and a shit QB alone explains that record difference.

If this stuff would have happened in Columbus your opinion of things would be much different.

But since it's your team you choose to think it a bunch of nothing.

And didn't JH start the season suspended?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this stuff would have happened in Columbus your opinion of things would be much different.

But since it's your team you choose to think it a bunch of nothing.

And didn't JH start the season suspended?
It definitely isn't nothing, but the guy cheating was promptly suspended when his cheating came to light and is now no longer with the team after resigning two weeks ago. JH was suspended by self-imposed punishment by Michigan for covid-era violations. Sure you can punish a head coach for anything that happens to the program, but Harbaugh was suspended for the beginning of the season so it would be even more impossible for him to know what is going on in his program. This punishment seems arbitrary and driven by mob rule rather than through due process.

Michigan also has evidence that other big ten schools were providing Purdue with Michigan's signals prior to last year's championship game and yet we don't hear ANYTHING about investigation or punishing those teams via the same sportsmanship provision of the B1G bylaws. How is it appropriate to give a team's signals to a future opponent but not to try to get those signals ahead of time yourself? It is nonsensical and that is why there is so much outrage in Michigan right now.

I would much rather enjoy college football where teams aren't spending considerable resources trying to steal opponents' play calls, but this scandal has shined a bright spotlight on just how fucking stupid college football is with this. For decades now, we haven't been letting the better teams win on the field alone, but rather creating a culture where you are trying to know exactly what your opponent is doing while preventing them from knowing what you are doing. Michigan shouldn't be stealing signs but no one should. That isn't going to happen because NCAA evidently wants sign stealing, but in doing so has created very stupid grey areas and arbitrary red lines. The whole system is fucked up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely isn't nothing, but the guy cheating was promptly suspended when his cheating came to light and is now no longer with the team after resigning two weeks ago. JH was suspended by self-imposed punishment by Michigan for covid-era violations. Sure you can punish a head coach for anything that happens to the program, but Harbaugh was suspended for the beginning of the season so it would be even more impossible for him to know what is going on in his program. This punishment seems arbitrary and driven by mob rule rather than through due process.

Michigan also has evidence that other big ten schools were providing Purdue with Michigan's signals prior to last year's championship game and yet we don't hear ANYTHING about investigation or punishing those teams via the same sportsmanship provision of the B1G bylaws. How is it appropriate to give a team's signals to a future opponent but not to try to get those signals ahead of time yourself? It is nonsensical and that is why there is so much outrage in Michigan right now.

I would much rather enjoy college football where teams aren't spending considerable resources trying to steal opponents' play calls, but this scandal has shined a bright spotlight on just how fucking stupid college football is with this. For decades now, we haven't been letting the better teams win on the field alone, but rather creating a culture where you are trying to know exactly what your opponent is doing while preventing them from knowing what you are doing. Michigan shouldn't be stealing signs but no one should. That isn't going to happen because NCAA evidently wants sign stealing, but in doing so has created very stupid grey areas and arbitrary red lines. The whole system is fucked up.

Oh come on man. No way I'm reading this homeristic mini essay.

I get it, you think JH and your team has never done anything wrong.

The HC is responsible for everything that goes on within his program.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on man. No way I'm reading this homeristic mini essay.

I get it, you think JH and your team has never done anything wrong.

The HC is responsible for everything that goes on within his program.
You don't even have to get past the first 5 words to realize the bolding is complete bullshit. And a head coach doesn't necessarily get in trouble for things that happen under his watch.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cowturd went heavy on the ass kissin of harbaugh today.just one tool supporting another in my view.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even have to get past the first 5 words to realize the bolding is complete bullshit. And a head coach doesn't necessarily get in trouble for things that happen under his watch.
Ain't it insane to hold a HC responsible for his teams actions?

JH is responsible for his players, coaches and anyone directly associated with the program.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't it insane to hold a HC responsible for his teams actions?

JH is responsible for his players, coaches and anyone directly associated with the program.
Then the MSU is responsible for the assault on the Michigan player during the game in the tunnel. What punishment happened to that head coach? If a player is caught on PED's, how long does the head coach get suspended for?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the MSU is responsible for the assault on the Michigan player during the game in the tunnel. What punishment happened to that head coach? If a player is caught on PED's, how long does the head coach get suspended for?
I get it, JH is totally innocent.

It's not his responsibility to keep tabs on anyone associated with his team.

When's the last time a CFB coach was suspended to start the season & to end the regular season?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was total bullshit. all the MSU players were heading to the locker room, and it was shown on film that dickhead michigan player intentionally ran into the tunnel among the their entire team to taunt them, then he got the beatdown he deserved for doing that, then the MSU players were WRONGLY blamed for the altercation. like I said, total bullshit. That michigan player should have been given a 1 game suspension, but maybe getting his ass kicked was penalty enough.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop trying to move the goal posts.

Stay on topic. Bringing up other programs is just an attempt to minimize what's been going on in ann arbor.

This conversation is about JH and his program. Nothing else.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, it's Monday night. I thought the UM lawyers were racing their limos over last week to get an an injunction.

What happened? Waiting for their Teslas to charge?

Last edited:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was total bullshit. all the MSU players were heading to the locker room, and it was shown on film that dickhead michigan player intentionally ran into the tunnel among the their entire team to taunt them, then he got the beatdown he deserved for doing that, then the MSU players were WRONGLY blamed for the altercation. like I said, total bullshit. That michigan player should have been given a 1 game suspension, but maybe getting his ass kicked was penalty enough.
I wonder why MSU kicked all those poor players off the team then. They were clearly victims in all this. No wonder that coach didn't get punished.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop trying to move the goal posts.

Stay on topic. Bringing up other programs is just an attempt to minimize what's been going on in ann arbor.

This conversation is about JH and his program. Nothing else.
I am staying on topic. You say that the HC has to be punished and I have given you actual examples showing that is not true.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo should never coach again. Dude has $76 million coming to him to NOT coach, why would you stress yourself out to work more when you're set for life on a freakin buyout?
These guys are crazy competitors.

None of em started coaching to get rich.

And guys like Cowher, who honestly want to enjoy their life and their family, are rare at that level.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am staying on topic. You say that the HC has to be punished and I have given you actual examples showing that is not true.

And your examples have nothing to do with the current topic.

Keep homering, it's expected.

Now what would your reaction be if this stuff happened to Ohio State and some fan was going on & on like you?

I don't expect any type of rational answer, if you answer at all.

You're to the point where you wanna talk about anything other than what's going on in ann arbor right now.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your examples have nothing to do with the current topic.

Keep homering, it's expected.

Now what would your reaction be if this stuff happened to Ohio State and some fan was going on & on like you?

I don't expect any type of rational answer, if you answer at all.

You're to the point where you wanna talk about anything other than what's going on in ann arbor right now.
You keep saying that a HC has to be punished for anything that happens to the team. That isn't the case. Period. Should Harbaugh still be punished? That is up for debate. There is no evidence showing that anyone other than Stalions was doing anything wrong and it hasn't even been publicly announced what third party originally brought this scheme to NCAA to investigate, which I find odd. I am very curious to see what the final investigation report brings to light, but until that happens this is all mob rule shit that should not be happening. Otherwise, other HC's need to also be suspended for giving other teams' signals to their future opponents after allegations with some proof is provided.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying that a HC has to be punished for anything that happens to the team. That isn't the case. Period. Should Harbaugh still be punished? That is up for debate. There is no evidence showing that anyone other than Stalions was doing anything wrong and it hasn't even been publicly announced what third party originally brought this scheme to NCAA to investigate, which I find odd. I am very curious to see what the final investigation report brings to light, but until that happens this is all mob rule shit that should not be happening. Otherwise, other HC's need to also be suspended for giving other teams' signals to their future opponents after allegations with some proof is provided.

The head coach is responsible for everything that happens on their team. That is called leadership.

But we get why YOU think Harbaugh should not be punished.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people posting in this thread never played football. Or played for really lazy, shitty programs.

Most seem like the type who would give an opponent a hand getting up after they tackle them. Sad really.