• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Bills game...........

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too generous to the offense. I always hated that saying, "the offense did enough to win". Come on now. So I guess anytime the offense at least scores, that's enough to win? There's a difference between doin " enough to win" and winning in spite of. 7 points at home is not enough to win consistently. Nor is 10 points, we which is what the offense would've scored had Henery made the last FG and won us the game.

Not in this day and age, in a passing league, on turf, at home, with one of the highest paid QB's in the league, should anything under 14 offensive points be considered "enough to win".[/QUOT

sixteen points, guy missed three kicks, can't win in the nfl doing that.
so yes, in a game that most agreed would be a defensive battle, the offense gave the lions enough to win. Do I wish the offense did better? Yes. But we wouldn't be having this discussion if we had a decent kicker. The kicker lost the game, not the offense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhow y'all are bitching about way too much here. They lost because they missed three field goals. The offense and defense did enough to win and the idiot kicker lost the game for them.

Agreed, but this game shouldn't have been close. If the kicker could do his job -- we'd be talking about issues we need to get better at. Instead the sky is falling.

I think this has a lot to do with the 2nd half schedule for the Lions though. They really need to win games like yesterday at home against an inferior team. You can't lose those games and make the playoffs.

I also think -- seeing Schwartz carried off the field added fuel to the fire.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but this game shouldn't have been close. If the kicker could do his job -- we'd be talking about issues we need to get better at. Instead the sky is falling.

I think this has a lot to do with the 2nd half schedule for the Lions though. They really need to win games like yesterday at home against an inferior team. You can't lose those games and make the playoffs.

I also think -- seeing Schwartz carried off the field added fuel to the fire.

Agreed. It was a game they needed to win and would have if their kicker took care of business. For whatever reason nfl teams lose or don't rout teams they should. Happens to every team more than once, doesn't mean they are done.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue why the Lions didn't sit him last week and given him a week or two to get to 100%. It is a long season -- putting him out there and using him as basically a decoy was an accident waiting to happen.

I still have no idea what he actually hurt when he was tackled. It was a normal tackle and didn't come close to his ankle, but he reached for his ankle after he was hit.

So basically the Lions are just using him as a decoy out there huh? I never saw the tackle so I can't comment on that aspect.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, I will go behind the wood shed and beat myself

Make sure to record it and post on here. Us lions fans are used to watching beatings.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue why the Lions didn't sit him last week and given him a week or two to get to 100%. It is a long season -- putting him out there and using him as basically a decoy was an accident waiting to happen.

I still have no idea what he actually hurt when he was tackled. It was a normal tackle and didn't come close to his ankle, but he reached for his ankle after he was hit.

There are a few players in the league that make the decision on whether they play or not. Pretty sure CJ made that decision.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of us are looking at the offense because it's going to be our offense going forward and it was supposed to be the team's strength. It hasn't been and it needs to be if the team is going to be successful. The kicker was some bum we picked up off the scrap heap and yeah we lost because he sucked. Hopefully we'll have a better bum kicking next week.

Blaming Staff for Calvin getting hurt is ridiculous. I agree with that whomever posted it. There was nothing wrong with that pass.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY anyone in here could guarantee that the LIONS would definitely win yesterday, had Henery made that final kick with 40 secs to go. How does anyone in here guarantee that Watkins or Goodwin doesn't return the kick-off for a TD. You can't. The offense lacked in many areas. The Defense did it's job well, minus that 2-pt conversion as the front line was washed out and pushed back. There's plenty of fault to throw around. Ineptitude by the offense in the second half, as a whole, cost the Lions yesterday's game. Decisions/play calling by the HC, OC. Stafford, O-Line and on down the line. Guaranteeing the LIONS a win with 40 secs left had they hit that FG, is actually an assumption only.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically the Lions are just using him as a decoy out there huh? I never saw the tackle so I can't comment on that aspect.

Well they haven't come right out and said it, but it's pretty obvious he's been a decoy the past 2 weeks. The ankle I guess. He took a pretty wicked hit just above the knee on the only pass he caught... the only one that was thrown to him. I thought it might be his knee, but they're saying ankle so actually that's probably good news. He should probably just sit a couple of games.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY anyone in here could guarantee that the LIONS would definitely win yesterday, had Henery made that final kick with 40 secs to go. How does anyone in here guarantee that Watkins or Goodwin doesn't return the kick-off for a TD. You can't. The offense lacked in many areas. The Defense did it's job well, minus that 2-pt conversion as the front line was washed out and pushed back. There's plenty of fault to throw around. Ineptitude by the offense in the second half, as a whole, cost the Lions yesterday's game. Decisions/play calling by the HC, OC. Stafford, O-Line and on down the line. Guaranteeing the LIONS a win with 40 secs left had they hit that FG, is actually an assumption only.

Shit man, we all knew he was missing that field goal. Both my dad and I said before he kicked it that he should have punted there. That FG was the only one he should miss and the lions coaching staff should have known better. He also missed two more FGS though earlier and the lions would have been running the clock out instead of going for the FG on that last drive. So yeah, the loss was due directly to missed FGS, not mediocre offensive play in a game which fans knew going in would be a defensive battle. The bills defense is no slouch.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of us are looking at the offense because it's going to be our offense going forward and it was supposed to be the team's strength. It hasn't been and it needs to be if the team is going to be successful. The kicker was some bum we picked up off the scrap heap and yeah we lost because he sucked. Hopefully we'll have a better bum kicking next week.

Blaming Staff for Calvin getting hurt is ridiculous. I agree with that whomever posted it. There was nothing wrong with that pass.

Crazy isnt it? I think everyone thought the lions offense would be their strength this year while the defense would get burned. Strange is the NFL. Still wasnt why they lost though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He, CJ, should have sat the last 2 games, IMO. Minny next week, meh. But N.O., then ATL, yeah he needed the time to get healthy

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Mayhew. King of the clowns.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they haven't come right out and said it, but it's pretty obvious he's been a decoy the past 2 weeks. The ankle I guess. He took a pretty wicked hit just above the knee on the only pass he caught... the only one that was thrown to him. I thought it might be his knee, but they're saying ankle so actually that's probably good news. He should probably just sit a couple of games.

i knew the first two weeks of him basically carrying my team had to end :doh: Hopefully he returns to form quickly as the Lions need him.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i knew the first two weeks of him basically carrying my team had to end :doh: Hopefully he returns to form quickly as the Lions need him.

Ah, so the ulterior motive comes out!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trustmeimright would tell you to snag ebron off of the waiver wire and insert him into your flex. If you are serious about winning a ship that is.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so the ulterior motive comes out!

Trustmeimright would tell you to snag ebron off of the waiver wire and insert him into your flex. If you are serious about winning a ship that is.

HAHA - Naw, not really (well yes sort of... I mean I have him on my team and I need his points) but I really just had no clue what the heck was up with him. Ebron huh? I think he's taken but I will check.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is available but I can't even try to get him until tomorrow since games are still being played. All I can actually drop right now is Mike Wallce (because of the BYE) and I really am not doing that. I have Larry Donnell has my TE right now.