• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Bills game...........

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough enough for the Lions putrid OLine, so yea, the point is valid.

And there we have the problem.. It was more the Lions being garbage than the Bills' mediocre defense.. Which is unacceptable.. All the Bills really can do on defense is pass rush..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can account for the offense line on three of the sacks and Stafford and/or the WR core for the other 3..

I seen 3 legit sacks where it appeared to me the ball was held on too long.. They were bad, but I don't think all 6 sacks were on them... There were several times the line opened up huge holes for the RB and Stafford had all day to throw..

Who was running when they opened up the huge holes? Matt Stafford had the 2nd longest run for Detroit today at 8 yards. Bush had a long of 5 yards. Winn had the 16 yarder and then had 11 carries for 32 yards.

As far as Stafford taking a sack -- I'm thinking with the amount of sacks he has saved the OL from by throwing the ball away is much more than eating the ball on a coverage sack. I do agree there was a 1 or 2 coverage sacks today. Each time they showed the replays, no one was open to throw the ball too. If Calvin is out for any period of time -- our offense is in trouble.

Golden Tate has been a god send. Imagine how bad we would have looked without him today or last week? Our problem is -- if Calvin is out for any period of time. Teams will just try to take away Tate and unfortunately we haven't had anyone else who has shown they can step up and produce.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said LP. Lions=Tehsucks, you're actually saying the Bills defense wasnt good? I dont get that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Bills really can do on defense is pass rush..

When you can't run the ball -- the pass rush is all you need, especially when you are getting to the QB more times than not.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 12,482 more posts from you about how much you hate that pick and Mayhew will suddenly cut him! Keep it up champ, clearly you think all this bitching you're doing is going to serve some sort of purpose, whatever that may be.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it or not (sarcasm font, fyi) but you're incessant need to bitch about that pick is as pointless as it is annoying.

We've all told you we get it, we all understand your point of view there, so please tell me what you're hoping to accomplish with these comments? Do you seriously think if you keep at it enough, and Ebron never pans out that we'll all be impressed when you're constantly saying "told you so"? We won't. So please give it a rest. We get what you're throwing at us, no need to beat a dead horse. We don't work for the Lions, and the draft is long-since gone final. Just accept that you hate the pick and move on. Most of us really didn't like it either, doesn't mean we all feel the need to tell you that in every thread...

Facilitating are we...

Fuck can talk some foosball here.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more the Lions being garbage than the Bills' mediocre defense

While I'm not saying the Bills are the end all be all defensively. Calling them mediocre is a stretch. They are basically the same as the Lions. Great defensive front. Questionable secondary.

Coming into today -- Buffalo was 3rd in the NFL in rushing defense and only allowed 18 points a game. The sad thing is -- They are way down in passing defense, but Detroit still struggled today to throw the ball.

That is why I thought Detroit would roll today. We don't run the ball well anyways, so I figured we'd pass all over them. Calvin going out though really hurt.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said LP. Lions=Tehsucks, you're actually saying the Bills defense wasnt good? I dont get that.

Of course they looked good today, but prior to that they were in fact not..

While I'm not saying the Bills are the end all be all defensively. Calling them mediocre is a stretch. They are basically the same as the Lions. Great defensive front. Questionable secondary.

Coming into today -- Buffalo was 3rd in the NFL in rushing defense and only allowed 18 points a game. The sad thing is -- They are way down in passing defense, but Detroit still struggled today to throw the ball.

That is why I thought Detroit would roll today. We don't run the ball well anyways, so I figured we'd pass all over them. Calvin going out though really hurt.
While I agree they have a good rush defense by the numbers, I think that side is overrated because most teams like the Lions abandon the run early.. This is why I thought this was a good matchup for the Lions as well.. Stafford should not have to rely on CJ to be competent.. That's my point..

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facilitating are we...

Fuck can talk some foosball here.

Leave TP alone. We r just having fun. Need something to entertain us.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they looked good today, but prior to that they were in fact not..

Really? Don't let Kreton hear you say that. 360 yards is well above average in a game for the defense to give up. Buffalo has only given up 335 a game for the year and that went down after today, I'm guessing. The 18 points a game they were giving up on average is going down too, after only giving up 14. This is without Mario Williams playing too (i think that is the guy who is out on their team).

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell Mike the Lions couldn't even get a short pass game going. They basically rushed four and dropped seven and dared us to run. I was wondering why the run game got abandoned in second half. Winn had decent numbers early.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Don't let Kreton hear you say that. 360 yards is well above average in a game for the defense to give up. Buffalo has only given up 335 a game for the year and that went down after today, I'm guessing. The 18 points a game they were giving up on average is going down too, after only giving up 14. This is without Mario Williams playing too (i think that is the guy who is out on their team).

That D only gave up 7 really. Sad very sad

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave TP alone. We r just having fun. Need something to entertain us.

Hammers me in one post and does same shit in the next. Spade is a spade.

This week I will give you that Ebron did nothing to open up the game. Today was surely a time to shine. A healthy offense and he will not see much action. Did not see game and only listened, so I still can not say he as not open and Staff just had no time or...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammers me in one post and does same shit in the next. Spade is a spade.

This week I will give you that Ebron did nothing to open up the game. Today was surely a time to shine. A healthy offense and he will not see much action. Did not see game and only listened, so I still can not say he as not open and Staff just had no time or...

You fucking kidding me? I make a comment agreeing with a post you made and then you fucking turn on me for what I posted agreeing with you. WTF is that shit? Are we teenage girls just trying to create some drama because you like drama?

I think you'r missing your e-fighting buddy Swarm...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was actually Kyle Williams not Mario. Big, big, big difference. Bills defense is pretty good too. You do realize our defense has much, much better numbers than this and still does.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down gents.. I have some dank that could solve everything.. :nod:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'r missing your e-fighting buddy Swarm...

Miss talking real football conversations with him. He was not blinded.

We PMed good conversations.

Trev you can call me out all day if it makes you feel better. Bothers you way more than myself.

My drama with Rob consisted of oneliners not fucking playground name battles for hours.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually Kyle Williams not Mario. Big, big, big difference. Bills defense is pretty good too. You do realize our defense has much, much better numbers than this and still does.

Hell -- The only thing I stated about our defense is that Kyle Orton shouldn't be putting up 300 yards on us. Our defense has carried us this year. Without the way they have played -- We would be lucky to have one win. Take away the great 1st game where we put up 35 and we are only averaging 16 points a game in the last 4 on offense and I think the defense actually has 2 touchdowns and a safety to make it look better in that stretch

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK THE LIONS

FUCK ALL FG KICKERS
FUCK GOING TO FORD FIELD AND HAVING THE LIONS RIP DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY FOR THE GAME I AM AT FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS.

AND FUCK THIS TOOTH THAT HAS BEEN KILLING ME FOR FOUR DAYS.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a little tidbit that makes me shudder. Kyle Orton is 5-0 as a starting QB against the Lions. I guess he just has our number.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a little tidbit that makes me shudder. Kyle Orton is 5-0 as a starting QB against the Lions. I guess he just has our number.

Mentioned several times during week. Back in the day I could understand. Nowadays putrid.