• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Bills game...........

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't even have to be elite.. Hell atleast Romo can run an offense without his best receiver!! If Bryan Hoyer without Josh Gordon can make a comeback, why not Stafford? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford missed a chance toy be a leader and rally the team to a late victory like Brady, Manning and Brees! If he can't be an elite he ain't shit. We might as well have Jay Cutler or Tony Romo. Great stats and lousy leaders.

The Lions kicking game = Tigers bull pen!

Excellent analogy. :10:

Although I would not take either of those QBs.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Orton 30 for 43 and 308 yards......I don't want to think what a real team will do to this defense.

Yeah, guys like Aaron Rodgers will tear us up, oh wait...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to know you all. Apparently the world ends tonight.

Fucking free entertainment here I tell ya.

Life controlled by the outcome of a sports team. PRICELESS!

Haha, yep. We're 3-2 with 11 games left, but shit is over now that we lost this one... too bad, it looked like a promising season... lol

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reasonably decent offense wins about 14 games if their D gives up 10 net per game. Just stop with the "Orton threw for 300" crap. The Bills have been held to < 17 once this year and they needed a 58 yarder to get that today. There's room for improvement everywhere, of course. But the D has been MUCH better than expected.... including today. The offense simply has to play a lot better and by that I mean Staff and the OL. The FG kicking isn't worth talking about. Just bring in the next guy and hope for the best.

:agree:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season not over.. But this game today was same old Lions.. ATLEAST TODAY!! I like the Defense though aside from the bad matchup strategy on Watkins at the end there..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaming a defense that gave up 360 yards and scored as many points as the offense is ludicrous.

Why do you keep harping on 360 yards as if that is something to write home about? It was the Buffalo Bills. At home. With their backup QB, who has never played a down with any of the players on the Bills and has only thrown 60 passes in the NFL since 2011.

Yes -- Detroit had a great game against Green Bay defensively. What exactly does that have to do with the Buffalo game?

Detroit was great against the run. Suh was a beast and the defensive front was great against the run. Does that mean it is great to see Kyle Orton throw for 300 yards with a WR corp of nobodies and Sammy Watkins?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Orton got most of those yards in the 4th Quarter when the defense had to keep going back out there stop after stop when the offense was failing.. How hard is that to understand?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, the defense wasn't the problem today. One good game against GB? Turns out we're the number one defense in the league this year, not sure if you know that or not. They weren't as great today as they have been so far this year against the pass, but they also didn't lose us the game.

That's squarely on the offense and on special teams. We should have punted on that last FG attempt and force overtime, imo...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D played fine. Orton got yards he got because he was able to run 60 fucking plays because our offense can't put together sustainable drives. This Defense played well. Watch the game, don't just read the stat sheet.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford missed a chance toy be a leader and rally the team to a late victory like Brady, Manning and Brees! If he can't be an elite he ain't shit. We might as well have Jay Cutler or TONY ROMO. Great stats and lousy leaders.

What am I missing? Did Stafford miss the field goal at the end of the game? Was he missing open WR's in the end of the game drive?

He was sacked 6 times and hurried 10+ other times during the game. He isn't a running QB. At some point -- players have to get open for him to throw the ball or the line has to give them time to get open.

All I know is Golden Tate seemed like the only guy running patterns who could get open. Fuller is what he is. Ebron is "developing", so fans don't expect anything from him. What does that leave the Lions? Seems to me it is a lot of the same from year's past -- No Calvin -- the offense falls apart.

The Bills did exactly what Schwartz said he would do if he was coaching against Calvin. Double him every play and make someone else beat him. Tate did his best, but Detroit had no one else.

I'd bring up the field goal kicker -- I won't even put his name in here, but he will be looking for a job on Monday, so it is useless.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D played fine. Orton got yards he got because he was able to run 60 fucking plays because our offense can't put together sustainable drives. This Defense played well. Watch the game, don't just read the stat sheet.

The one time we 100% agree..

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, yep. We're 3-2 with 11 games left, but shit is over now that we lost this one... too bad, it looked like a promising season... lol

5-6 in those 11 games will not cut it. CJ will most likely not be healthy anytime soon. That offense cannot find ways to score TDs it will be a dismal outcome.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's on Stafford to get something going IMO.. Coaches also..

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, guys like Aaron Rodgers will tear us up, oh wait...

Don't read to much into that Trevor. One game sample is to your advantage yet a one game sample today is wrong?? Hell you just posted about that right.
See how that last game goes against Packers.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Orton got most of those yards in the 4th Quarter when the defense had to keep going back out there stop after stop when the offense was failing.. How hard is that to understand?

The time of possession was 32 minutes to 28 minutes. You are talking as if the Lions were on the field all game long. Also -- Orton put up his numbers in the entire 2nd half, not just the 4th quarter. Detroit's defense forced exactly ZERO 3 and outs in the 2nd half. Detroit's offense only had ONE 3 and out in the 2nd half.

How hard is that to understand?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the second half they were.. The offense got most of its TOP in the 1st half.. It was complete garbage once CJ went out..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a team effort to lose the game today. Blaming the offense or the defense is ridiculous. If the kicker does his job -- we win.

Buffalo has a very good defense. They took advantage of the Lions without Calvin Johnson and an offensive line who has forgotten how to pass protect.

The defense played unreal for the 1st half. The 2nd half when Orton settled in -- he had his way with us.

It is what it is. A loss. We can blame the offense, we can blame the defense, we can blame the kicker. In the end -- they all get the same number in the loss column.

I will just say this -- Eric Ebron has been absolutely worthless (had to throw that in, as he got me zero points today in fantasy).

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo has a defense that allowed 270 passing yards per game and a 68% Completion percentage.. Prior to today.. Stafford was well below those averages.. You do the math.. Their secondary is mediocre at best and Stafford did nothing against it despite all these "weapons" drafted for him..

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Trustme,

Im not sure what Im missing here either. I wouldn't call this a great defensive effort today. Really good defenses dont allow what happened today. The Lions did a fine job on Rodgers and a terrible job on Orton.