• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Bills game...........

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it like this.. I blame the offense and Stafford for this loss OVER the defense.. They are not completely absolved from this loss either, but they are way down there on the laundry list of problems that exists for the Lions.,.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trustme,

I must say that I was looking for Ebron to step up when CJ went down and I was kind of disappointed. I hate to pass too much judgement there though because I think there were few options to throw it to as the Bills were only rushing four and dropping seven. As you can see, the middle of the field was completely taken away by the Bills.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
343 yards and 17 points on 65 plays is well above average. Well above.

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense played fine for the most part. Most of the loss is on the offense and kicker. Stafford and company did manage to get 3 drives that lead to some make-able FGs. The offense didn't play great but they did enough to win the game IMO.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford didm't play great...the o line didnt play great. Buffalo does have a pretty good D though. We went down to our 4th string running back and no megatron...that's not a good thing. The bottom line is though, we lost because of the kicker. Stafford put us in position to win and he shanks it for the 3rd time. As a Michigan fan and a Lions fan this kicker issue is really irritating. Hopefully Matt Prater becomes the 5th Lions kicker since 1980.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo has a defense that allowed 270 passing yards per game and a 68% Completion percentage.. Prior to today.. Stafford was well below those averages.. You do the math.. Their secondary is mediocre at best and Stafford did nothing against it despite all these "weapons" drafted for him..

Weapons? Looed to me like Calvin and Bush were out..Fauria was out..What Weapons...Ebron?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say that I was looking for Ebron to step up when CJ went down and I was kind of disappointed. I hate to pass too much judgement there though because I think there were few options to throw it to as the Bills were only rushing four and dropping seven. As you can see, the middle of the field was completely taken away by the Bills.

DO NOT READ MICRO -- THIS COMMENT IS ABOUT EBRON, SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK -- sorry -- I had to post that for Micro.

I've yet to see Ebron be a mismatch anywhere on the field. Inside or Outside. He made a nice move today and Stafford hit him in the chest and he dropped the ball.

I had a post about Ebron, but I will just let people continue to make excuses for him. Just a miserable weekend of sports. Tigers swept. Michigan loses AGAIN. Lions inventing new ways to lose games.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Weapons...Ebron?

2 catches for 8 yards isn't a weapon in your eyes? Look at how much he opened the field for everyone else.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't read to much into that Trevor. One game sample is to your advantage yet a one game sample today is wrong?? Hell you just posted about that right.
See how that last game goes against Packers.

Jesus you like to stir the pot. You're very transparent when you play both sides like this.

He directly said that good QBs will pick us apart. I countered with that about Rodgers, who is a good QB that we shut down.

Stop trying to facilitate arguments and just talk some football.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford didm't play great...the o line didnt play great. Buffalo does have a pretty good D though. We went down to our 4th string running back and no megatron...that's not a good thing. The bottom line is though, we lost because of the kicker. Stafford put us in position to win and he shanks it for the 3rd time. As a Michigan fan and a Lions fan this kicker issue is really irritating. Hopefully Matt Prater becomes the 5th Lions kicker since 1980.

Exactly.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 missed fg's and we lose by 3. Is there much more we really need to dissect? Many injuries on both sides of the ball and if we had a competent fg kicker we still win. We don't. We didn't.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 catches for 8 yards isn't a weapon in your eyes? Look at how much he opened the field for everyone else.

Only 12,482 more posts from you about how much you hate that pick and Mayhew will suddenly cut him! Keep it up champ, clearly you think all this bitching you're doing is going to serve some sort of purpose, whatever that may be.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it or not (sarcasm font, fyi) but you're incessant need to bitch about that pick is as pointless as it is annoying.

We've all told you we get it, we all understand your point of view there, so please tell me what you're hoping to accomplish with these comments? Do you seriously think if you keep at it enough, and Ebron never pans out that we'll all be impressed when you're constantly saying "told you so"? We won't. So please give it a rest. We get what you're throwing at us, no need to beat a dead horse. We don't work for the Lions, and the draft is long-since gone final. Just accept that you hate the pick and move on. Most of us really didn't like it either, doesn't mean we all feel the need to tell you that in every thread...

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weapons? Looed to me like Calvin and Bush were out..Fauria was out..What Weapons...Ebron?

He had Tate, Ebron and Pettigrew going against a blew average pass defense.. One would think he could muster up more being that he is paid like an elite QB..

Not to say the latter is a sure thing, but they sure as hell were drafted like such.

Also where the hell is Broyles? He was drafted high as well and all I heard this offseason was how well he did in practice..

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the offense and Stafford for this loss OVER the defense.

I can agree with this. More than Stafford though -- I blame the Offensive Line and anyone running routes not named Golden Tate.

The QB is the high profile player on the team, but when you get sacked a half dozen times and you are hurried 10 other times -- there are a lot of issues on the offense. Detroit hasn't been able to run the ball consistently all year. They had one good run by Winn for 16 yards. They averaged like 2.5 on the other 19 carries.

If the Offensive Line isn't going to pass protect -- they'd better well be opening up holes for the running game. Right now -- Detroit is getting neither.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can account for the offense line on three of the sacks and Stafford and/or the WR core for the other 3..

I seen 3 legit sacks where it appeared to me the ball was held on too long.. They were bad, but I don't think all 6 sacks were on them... There were several times the line opened up huge holes for the RB and Stafford had all day to throw..

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had Tate, Ebron and Pettigrew going against a blew average pass defense.. One would think he could muster up more being that he is paid like an elite QB..

Not to say the latter is a sure thing, but they sure as hell were drafted like such.

Stafford didn't play great. Didn't have many Chances to either. When did Petigrew become a weapon? A guy like Rodgers plays like shit against a stingy Lions defense and our defense gets the credit. Stafford plays against a tough Bills defense and gets the blame. Can't have it both ways.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford didn't play great. Didn't have many Chances to either. When did Petigrew become a weapon? A guy like Rodgers plays like shit against a stingy Lions defense and our defense gets the credit. Stafford plays against a tough Bills defense and gets the blame. Can't have it both ways.

That was not a tough Bills defense.. So that point is not valid..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 12,482 more posts from you about how much you hate that pick and Mayhew will suddenly cut him! Keep it up champ, clearly you think all this bitching you're doing is going to serve some sort of purpose, whatever that may be.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it or not (sarcasm font, fyi) but you're incessant need to bitch about that pick is as pointless as it is annoying.

We've all told you we get it, we all understand your point of view there, so please tell me what you're hoping to accomplish with these comments? Do you seriously think if you keep at it enough, and Ebron never pans out that we'll all be impressed when you're constantly saying "told you so"? We won't. So please give it a rest. We get what you're throwing at us, no need to beat a dead horse. We don't work for the Lions, and the draft is long-since gone final. Just accept that you hate the pick and move on. Most of us really didn't like it either, doesn't mean we all feel the need to tell you that in every thread...

Take the positive out of the game today TP. At least he had 2 catches for 8 yards and didn't put up 0 and 0 for the third time this year.

I keep posting about Ebron with the hope that someone in the Lions front office reads this and finally fires Mayhew. Screw cutting Ebron. He is getting paid regardless. Mayhew is the one who should be cut.:suds:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude let that shit go.. If Ebron is a bust who cares, there have been many.. You are stuck with Mayhew atm regardless.