• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Bills game...........

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell -- The only thing I stated about our defense is that Kyle Orton shouldn't be putting up 300 yards on us. Our defense has carried us this year. Without the way they have played -- We would be lucky to have one win. Take away the great 1st game where we put up 35 and we are only averaging 16 points a game in the last 4 on offense and I think the defense actually has 2 touchdowns and a safety to make it look better in that stretch

I personally think the 300 yards were a reflection on the lack of offense in the second half just as much as it was the defense.. If the offense can just be decent, the Lions could be very well off.. Who knows maybe the defense falls off a cliff soon also.. Wouldn't be shocked in the least bit..

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I'm not mistaken, that 4th qtr T.O.P. favored Buf nearly 9.5 mins to Det's 5.5 mins... or real close to it. That's monumental in my book when looking at the outcome. Det had a 14-3 lead at halftime and was out-scored 14-0 after that. Stafford has to learn to trust others in offense, especially when CJ goes out.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has no one made a thread bashing Stafford? He certainly deserved it after this game.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has no one made a thread bashing Stafford? He certainly deserved it after this game.

I said I would not bash this week. Many facets sucked today. Besides people get real touchy slamming on Staff. Seems off limits usually

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has to learn to trust others in offense, especially when CJ goes out.

I think he has had a great connection with Golden Tate. After that -- I'm not sure what he is supposed to do? He can't run the routes for the WR's or TE's. I did miss bits and pieces of the game -- Did Stafford miss a bunch of throws to open WR's?

I saw one bad throw that was picked off. While it was definitely a bad throw -- If Bush doesn't tip it up in the air, it doesn't result in an INT. So it was bad luck combined with a bad throw.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustMe..

I should've been more definitive in my statement, "Stafford has to learn to trust others in the offense, when CJ goes out". Stafford has a history of NOT throwing a WR open, meaning errant throws (i.e. behind, over out-stretched arms/hands, too far in front). He struggles to lead a receiver with his throws out front and in stride at times. I'm not talking about threading a needle in tight double or triple coverage, We've ALL seen that and it usually goes awry. As far as yesterday goes, I didn't see crisp routes run as a whole by the receiver's, except Tate, but then we would have to have a panoramic view from the camera's to truly tell which receiver's were open on any particular play chosen to review. We see the camera view where the ball is going and if another receiver is in the area, we pick that up, not the receiver's out of view. The failure to run crisp routes isn't Stafford's fault.

The O-Line hasn't had much chemistry, cohesion and continuity to date as a whole this season. Stafford has been under duress due to the pocket collapsing rather quickly, IMO. It's tough to make those reads, go through your progressions, when you're constantly feeling the heat, all the while knowing you have about 2.5 to 3 seconds. But, let's face the facts. At times, Stafford has shown that tendency to think/feel there is more pressure than what really exists and is too quick in his decision making therefore makes bad throws.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has had a great connection with Golden Tate. After that -- I'm not sure what he is supposed to do? He can't run the routes for the WR's or TE's. I did miss bits and pieces of the game -- Did Stafford miss a bunch of throws to open WR's?

I saw one bad throw that was picked off. While it was definitely a bad throw -- If Bush doesn't tip it up in the air, it doesn't result in an INT. So it was bad luck combined with a bad throw.

2 to Bush that were behind him... one turned into that pick. That 2nd one may have been behind Winn... not sure. One to Grew when he was open by the near sideline (from TV camera view) he threw in front and into the ground. Another to, I think it was Collins, wide open down the sideline deep. He under threw it allowing the DB to just get a finger on it. Those are 4 I can remember off the top of my head. There may have been a couple of others.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why start ebron if he sucks Mike, I don't get that logic.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhow y'all are bitching about way too much here. They lost because they missed three field goals. The offense and defense did enough to win and the idiot kicker lost the game for them.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How gay wa s schwartz getting carried off the field. That guys such a loser. Only the niners coach is a bigger tool

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhow y'all are bitching about way too much here. They lost because they missed three field goals. The offense and defense did enough to win and the idiot kicker lost the game for them.

The defense yeah.. the offense, not so much. They scored 7 points. Sure there were 3 missed FGs from 44, 47 & 50. the guy sucks, but even a good FG kicker is probably going to miss one of those. Even if he makes all 3 that's 16 points which wins 4 games yesterday. That's not enough.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Way too generous to the offense. I always hated that saying, "the offense did enough to win". Come on now. So I guess anytime the offense at least scores, that's enough to win? There's a difference between doin " enough to win" and winning in spite of. 7 points at home is not enough to win consistently. Nor is 10 points, we which is what the offense would've scored had Henery made the last FG and won us the game.

Not in this day and age, in a passing league, on turf, at home, with one of the highest paid QB's in the league, should anything under 14 offensive points be considered "enough to win".

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford wasnt great but had them in position to score plenty of times and they couldn't do it. All of a sudden the defense cant do no wrong and we must praise them because they've been good for the most part? They had a few breakdowns and our DEs arent exactly tearing it up. But, whatever.

I am sorry but I must have missed the plenty of times. I saw bad pass after bad pass. He was low, behind, and basically all over. The Int was his fault as it was well behind Bush.

I have been a Stafford apologist but it's getting to the point he needs to make plays to win games not just get them in position.

This was a very good game by the defense and just a bad game by everyone else. Maybe the Lions bleed a little more time off the clock before the final miss???? Caldwell was just as inept today as anyone but the Lions kicker who has single handily played the worst game of any Lion in my memory.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 to Bush that were behind him... one turned into that pick. That 2nd one may have been behind Winn... not sure. One to Grew when he was open by the near sideline (from TV camera view) he threw in front and into the ground. Another to, I think it was Collins, wide open down the sideline deep. He under threw it allowing the DB to just get a finger on it. Those are 4 I can remember off the top of my head. There may have been a couple of others.

Is this the pile on Stafford thread after a kicker missed three FGs while losing by 3? How did offense get to FG range? Y'all making me defend Stafford here. It sucks!!

Well he threw low to CJ and led to his reaggravation of a ankle injury. All Matt's fault of course. Why was CJ on the field? Truly sounded like he was not even a good decoy

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to start anything here or anything like that... Just asking a question. What is up with Calvin Johnson?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said the offense was great, said they did enough to win. Should they have done better? Definitely. But the kicker was the reason they lost. Not the offense.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to start anything here or anything like that... Just asking a question. What is up with Calvin Johnson?

This are fighting words man. How dare u?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Muzz must be dropping acid.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10::agree:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to start anything here or anything like that... Just asking a question. What is up with CALVIN JOHNSON

No clue why the Lions didn't sit him last week and given him a week or two to get to 100%. It is a long season -- putting him out there and using him as basically a decoy was an accident waiting to happen.

I still have no idea what he actually hurt when he was tackled. It was a normal tackle and didn't come close to his ankle, but he reached for his ankle after he was hit.