• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Bills game...........

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a second I thought you were in trustmes fantasy league when you said he was taken, lol. I was joking about ebron, its a running joke here, IM fairley leshoure.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redseat, I wouldn't worry too much about missing out on Ebron.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that if GVSU and I are seeing so eye-to-eye on this, well then it's gotta be true, 'cause that basically never happens...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they would have won tpaul, I would be cautioning the same people about tempering their expectations, due to poor offensive play, a bad kicker, penalties, and turnovers. If the lions won and were 4-1 everybody would be talking about how great they are. It is what it is, I suppose.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that if GVSU and I are seeing so eye-to-eye on this, well then it's gotta be true, 'cause that basically never happens...

So you would also like to see a video of redbird beating himself behind the woodshed? " I'm kicking my own ass, do you mind?"

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering. Is Alex in protective custody?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they had won yesterday, that still doesn't dismiss/throwaway all the issues with the O-Line and some still questionable play from the qb and some questionable play-calling. Defense was pretty damn good, minus that 2-pt. conversion. I would still be bitching about a few things even IF they had won. REALIST HERE, except me picking them on Gandy's pick'em contest. No need to sugar coat SHIT

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they had won yesterday, that still doesn't dismiss/throwaway all the issues with the O-Line and some still questionable play from the qb and some questionable play-calling. Defense was pretty damn good, minus that 2-pt. conversion. I would still be bitching about a few things even IF they had won. REALIST HERE, except me picking them on Gandy's pick'em contest. No need to sugar coat SHIT

Thats good, there arent too many muzzers out there. We can all agree I think that theres room for improvement. That still doesnt take away the fact that kicking was the sole reason they lost yesterday. If they had an adequate kicker, we would be saying the offense did enough to win against a good buffalo defense. The battled all day and detroit won a huge home game.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, all of you poster's that can't comprehend why the O-Line play is different this year and making comments about last year's play was pretty damn good and you thought they would be better. Well, chemistry, cohesion and continuity can/does change from year to year even when having the personnel. GVSU stated early on in OTA's or even before that, don't be surprised to see the O-Line regress some this year.... IT happens to many a veteran lines with same personnel.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, all of you poster's that can't comprehend why the O-Line play is different this year and making comments about last year's play was pretty damn good and you thought they would be better. Well, chemistry, cohesion and continuity can/does change from year to year even when having the personnel. GVSU stated early on in OTA's or even before that, don't be surprised to see the O-Line regress some this year.... IT happens to many a veteran lines with same personnel.
Oh I know! Ha, I just commented on that on the stafford thread, how I would have been fine with an offensive tackle with the first pick, due to those reasons.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they would have won tpaul, I would be cautioning the same people about tempering their expectations, due to poor offensive play, a bad kicker, penalties, and turnovers. If the lions won and were 4-1 everybody would be talking about how great they are. It is what it is, I suppose.

I'm right there with ya. Yesterday's loss sucked ass. We should have won that game by two scores. But we didn't, and that's the nature of the NFL.

What kills me is the weekly over-reaction, especially when we lose a bad one like this. Everyone wants to over-simplify things as if "fire this guy" or "fire that guy" is the sudden answer to winning the game. If the fan base ran this team we'd go through 300 players and 16 coaches a season.

The blame for this one goes on the kicker, simple as that, imo. The offense greatly under-performed, but they also performed well enough to win. Going 0 for 3 on FGs in the NFL is not acceptable in the least, hard to blame the offense when special teams left 9 points on the field...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know! Ha, I just commented on that on the stafford thread, how I would have been fine with an offensive tackle with the first pick, due to those reasons.

Zach Martin was my second choice, right after Aaron Donald. Dr. Eviler sold me on him for sure...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right there with ya. Yesterday's loss sucked ass. We should have won that game by two scores. But we didn't, and that's the nature of the NFL.

What kills me is the weekly over-reaction, especially when we lose a bad one like this. Everyone wants to over-simplify things as if "fire this guy" or "fire that guy" is the sudden answer to winning the game. If the fan base ran this team we'd go through 300 players and 16 coaches a season.

The blame for this one goes on the kicker, simple as that, imo. The offense greatly under-performed, but they also performed well enough to win. Going 0 for 3 on FGs in the NFL is not acceptable in the least, hard to blame the offense when special teams left 9 points on the field...

Agreed, like I as saying to trustme, it sucks losing in a game they should have won. But like you said thats the nature of the game and all teams do it, and all teams win games they shouldnt, and the lions should win a couple of games they shouldnt this season as well.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gvsulaker82 said:
Thats good, there arent too many muzzers out there. We can all agree I think that theres room for improvement. That still doesnt take away the fact that kicking was the sole reason they lost yesterday. If they had an adequate kicker, we would be saying the offense did enough to win against a good buffalo defense. The battled all day and detroit won a huge home game.

Had Henery made all 3 FG's yesterday, not just the final attempt made, then I'd agree with you. We would have been up by 9 pts, having made all 3 fg's, so yes then I would in fact be confident that a win was as good as assured because at that point there was only 40 sec left in the game. Only making that last FG wouldn't have assured that a break-down in assignments wouldn't have occurred on the following kick-off and a TD not returned for a TD.... That is realism that the possibility of the aforementioned was still available.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is "doing enough to win" not good enough for a win? Last year we were hoping that the defense could do just enough for us to win but now its not good enough to use for the offense? Lmao

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Henery made all 3 FG's yesterday, not just the final attempt made, then I'd agree with you. We would have been up by 9 pts, having made all 3 fg's, so yes then I would in fact be confident that a win was as good as assured because at that point there was only 40 sec left in the game. Only making that last FG wouldn't have assured that a break-down in assignments wouldn't have occurred on the following kick-off and a TD not returned for a TD.... That is realism that the possibility of the aforementioned was still available.

Yes, but if henery made the first two, the last lions drive they would have been running the clock out using as much time as possible instead of saving time in order to move down the field to try to kick a FG. Either way you spin it, the loss falls squarely on the kicker, and 0-3 is unacceptable in the NFL. As fog said, this falls on mayhew not finding an adequate kicker in the offseason. Fans have been spoiled with hanson and murray and mayhew seems to believe anyone can come and kick FGS. it reminds me of when the tigers GM didnt bother finding a closer in the 2012 offseason instead relying on an unproven rookie.

With that being said, Im relatively ambivalent toward mayhew. The last couple of drafts (besides ebron) have been much better and the tate signing was huge. He has definitely made his fair share of mistakes as most GMS tend to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a second I thought you were in trustmes fantasy league when you said he was taken, lol. I was joking about ebron, its a running joke here, IM fairley leshoure.

Redseat, I wouldn't worry too much about missing out on Ebron.

nope, I don't think I am in a league with anyone here on the Hoop.

ok, thanks Frog