• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Bills game...........

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhow, next week I would like to see more passes to Bush to open up the field (if he plays). Bush is best in open space and is relatively worthless running the ball. If the lions offense is to improve, bush should be utilized more appropriately for what he excels at.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is "doing enough to win" not good enough for a win? Last year we were hoping that the defense could do just enough for us to win but now its not good enough to use for the offense? Lmao

That view is subjective, as I was pointing out. If your offense scores 3 points you can say "they did enough to win". That shouldn't be the standard. " good enough to win" should be considered above average, and not good enough to win should be considered below average. Do you really think, even if Henery made his FGs, that if our offense and Stafford played the entire season like yesterday, that we would even go 8-8? Not even close.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So IM thinking the new lions fan thats posting here is probably rob base. If thas the case it wont be long until all the usual bullshit. Hes already made a comment about how he doesnt like posting here because every guys opinion but one sucks. Sounds familiar. Hes lurking or coming back with a different name. Doesnt take a psych major to figure that out.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That view is subjective, as I was pointing out. If your offense scores 3 points you can say "they did enough to win". That shouldn't be the standard. " good enough to win" should be considered above average, and not good enough to win should be considered below average. Do you really think, even if Henery made his FGs, that if our offense and Stafford played the entire season like yesterday, that we would even go 8-8? Not even close.

Well thank god it was only one game then. No one expects the lions offense to perform poorly all year, except you maybe. I also dont think getting their team in position to score 16 points is that bad against a stout buffalo defense. Thats objective in case you werent sure. 3 points is much different than 16. If they scored 16 on the jags I would be a little more concerned. As it is, I dont decide the season is over based upon one game.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
notice the day he showed up, BTW... the day after all hell broke loose and the banner was gone. he doesn't write the same as rob. seriously.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very suspicious. Im sure he would have changed his writing style. Hes a dumbass, but hes not that dumb. In fact hes someone that thinks he is smarter than everyone else, a narcissist for sure.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thank god it was only one game then. No one expects the lions offense to perform poorly all year, except you maybe. I also dont think getting their team in position to score 16 points is that bad against a stout buffalo defense. Thats objective in case you werent sure. 3 points is much different than 16. If they scored 16 on the jags I would be a little more concerned. As it is, I dont decide the season is over based upon one game.

I don't expect the Offense to perform like that all year, no. Nor do I expect the defense to be top 2 all year. I'm not happy with 16 points at home. 2/3 is more of a realistic expectation on long FGs anyway, but I'll stick with your number. If you are happy with that type of performance, there is nothing I can do to change your mind. We'll just simply agree to disagree.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very suspicious. Im sure he would have changed his writing style. Hes a dumbass, but hes not that dumb. In fact hes someone that thinks he is smarter than everyone else, a narcissist for sure.

who's this?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny part is TP was the only one to "thumbs up" his post. Wouldn't that be some shit? Haha

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also dont think getting their team in position to score 16 points is that bad against a stout buffalo defense. Thats objective in case you werent sure.

Also, not sure if you said this as an attack on my vocabulary, and use of the word "subjective", but I do know the definition of both and my use of the word was correct. Your use of " objective" was not. Again, not saying you were attacking me, but it kind of came off that way.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbase was banned?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect the Offense to perform like that all year, no. Nor do I expect the defense to be top 2 all year. I'm not happy with 16 points at home. 2/3 is more of a realistic expectation on long FGs anyway, but I'll stick with your number. If you are happy with that type of performance, there is nothing I can do to change your mind. We'll just simply agree to disagree.

I dont get this thinking that giving up 16 points is bad.

Right now 2 NFL teams average giving up less than 16 points. The Chargers and the Lions. That is it. Only 6 teams average giving up less than 20 points.

The problem is NOT that we are allowing too many points. The problem IS that the offense is not scoring.

giving up 15.8 points is not bad. Or giving up 17 in a week is not bad. the vast majority of games 17 points is going to happen. Our offense needs to score more than 7. When your offense only scores 7 points, and even on average is less than 17 there is a problem offensively.

We can all agree ST sucks.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get this thinking that giving up 16 points is bad.

Right now 2 NFL teams average giving up less than 16 points. The Chargers and the Lions. That is it. Only 6 teams average giving up less than 20 points.

The problem is NOT that we are allowing too many points. The problem IS that the offense is not scoring.

giving up 15.8 points is not bad. Or giving up 17 in a week is not bad. the vast majority of games 17 points is going to happen. Our offense needs to score more than 7. When your offense only scores 7 points, and even on average is less than 17 there is a problem offensively.

We can all agree ST sucks.

We were talking about the offense. He's ok with scoring 16 points(7 plus if we made the 3 FGs) on offense. I'm not.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking about the offense. He's ok with scoring 16 points(7 plus if we made the 3 FGs) on offense. I'm not.

i must have misunderstood. sorry,

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhow, next week I would like to see more passes to Bush to open up the field (if he plays). Bush is best in open space and is relatively worthless running the ball. If the lions offense is to improve, bush should be utilized more appropriately for what he excels at.

2 problems with this scenario.

1-Bush is hurt now.
2-Bush can not catch worth a dang.

I agree that once he does get the ball he is effective. Catching and holding on to it has continued to be an issue though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, TwoCents is definitely not RobBase. I've met them both. So has Micro, he's just being a Golden Domer D-Bag and not cooperating. :whistle:

Anywho, don't insult the man like that- he may be new here, but he was a mainstay back in the day on the old CBS boards...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, TwoCents is definitely not RobBase. I've met them both. So has Micro, he's just being a Golden Domer D-Bag and not cooperating. :whistle:

Anywho, don't insult the man like that- he may be new here, but he was a mainstay back in the day on the old CBS boards...

oh. they thought 22 was rob?? No.