• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on reseeding after the WC games?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2015 the 3 best records in the NL were all in the Central.

I brought that up a little earlier as well.

Have to think it will happen more frequently with the new format

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NL they didnt cause 1 already got eliminated ( if wins means which team is best)
Sure, but the MLB product created by the Cubs getting eliminated was great. The Brewers and to a lesser extent the Cardinals really screwed Chicago this year by pushing that division until the end of the season. It was a bit of a perfect storm.

'Best product' is a bit more nuanced than just wins, tbh. I just know that once the playoffs start, you want those ALCS and NLCS games to be memorable.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just sounds like a certain fan realizing his 100 win team probably won’t even make it to the LCS.

You know the Stros are better than Boston right? Like I said 100X already, it has nothing to do with the WC team. WC teams don't deserve any favors. It is about a team working their ass for 162 games to get the best record and all the benefits that should come with that.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Stros are better than Boston right? Like I said 100X already, it has nothing to do with the WC team. WC teams don't deserve any favors. It is about a team working their ass for 162 games to get the best record and all the benefits that should come with that.
If you’re basing that on run differential then the Dodgers are better than the Yankees and barely worse than the Red Sox. I think NYY and Boston would beat LA probably 80% of the time in a 7 game series this season.

But yeah Houston is really good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’re basing that on run differential then the Dodgers are better than the Yankees and barely worse than the Red Sox. I think NYY and Boston would beat LA probably 80% of the time in a 7 game series this season.

But yeah Houston is really good.

Lol didn't even look at run differential

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought that up a little earlier as well.

Have to think it will happen more frequently with the new format
We were 1 cubs run away from it this year . I don't see any reason to not just seed teams based on their record . You're never going to have an instance where 4 teams in the same division would all make the playoffs so all the division winners are getting in regardless

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To an Indian's fan...lollerpopz

Are you suggesting that the Milwaukee Brewers and their three playoff berths in the last three plus decades are more relevant than the Indians?

lolz

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol didn't even look at run differential
You should look at it a little bit, it’s a slight indication of how dominant a team is. I understand team ERA and batting average is probably more important.

Either way it always seems like privileged AL East fans that always whine. I’m not specifically speaking about you but in general. It’s hard for me to believe that you’re genuinely arguing on behalf of Boston getting screwed more than you just have more confidence in NY taking down Houston.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should look at it a little bit, it’s a slight indication of how dominant a team is. I understand team ERA and batting average is probably more important.

Either way it always seems like privileged AL East fans that always whine. I’m not specifically speaking about you but in general. It’s hard for me to believe that you’re genuinely arguing on behalf of Boston getting screwed more than you just have more confidence in NY taking down Houston.

I actually don't. I feel much better about the Yankees facing Boston than Houston.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given current lineups and health, I don't think NYY is better than CLE.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.

We'll be in ALCS. You guys are going to be there waiting for us or nah?

Yuk it up, motherfucker.

We'll see. You definately drew the easier path to the CS, so we'll have to see what shakes out.

Fact is though, the Indians offense is comparable to the Yankees maybe even better, and their rotation is WAY better. Yankees' bullpen is much better, but but the Indians just put the best pitcher since July 2017 in theirs to bolster it.

Last edited:

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't fully comprehend the complaint other than the OP seems to want the Yankees to face Boston in the LCS instead of the DS. Just reseeding to make that possible and rationalizing it by saying the 'best two' teams should be in separate brackets -- without proving which of the 'best two' we should actually be evaluating.