• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on reseeding after the WC games?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty funny coming from an OSU fan, you guys love to complain about all the mythical games OSU would lose and what not...

I invite you to explore my 29k posts in an effort to find a single instance of me complaining about a mythical game.

When you’re finished and have come up empty, do us all a favor, and post a vid of you popping a ping pong ball out of your vagina.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had their chance and couldn't get it done...they also had a 2nd chance against the Rockies and couldn't get that done either...so you're probably wrong... The games don't get played on the field, not in somebody's mind.

Also, I’m going to laugh when UoM beats Wisky worse than they did Northwestern.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was 2015. I disagree that they were the three best teams in MLB, though. I'd agree if you're talking NL.
I'm just referring to the best records. They were indeed the three best RECORDS in the entire league.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the A's and Indians were better than the Brewers, too.
I do think the Indians were a better roster than the Brewers by a long shot. But I don't think they necessarily played better throughout the year. Although I think that was at least partially because they had their division wrapped up so early that they weren't really pushing it or being pushed, etc. I don't think I would say the A's were better but definitely comparable and could go either way.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with the system as it is and they actually do have the team with the best record have home field in the World Series, even if they're a WC team

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Indians were a better roster than the Brewers by a long shot. But I don't think they necessarily played better throughout the year. Although I think that was at least partially because they had their division wrapped up so early that they weren't really pushing it or being pushed, etc. I don't think I would say the A's were better but definitely comparable and could go either way.

I agree that the Indians coasted quite a bit in 2018, but still, they scored more, and allowed fewer runs than the Brewers, resulting in a run differential nearly 80% better than the Brewers.

The A's also had a significant in run differential, and won more games in a league featuring what I consider to be the three best teams in baseball in 2018 (HOU, BOS, NYY). In fact, those three teams made up about 20% of the A's schedule. If the two teams were to play 162 games against each other, I would expect the A's to have a decent winning %.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the Indians coasted quite a bit in 2018, but still, they scored more, and allowed fewer runs than the Brewers, resulting in a run differential nearly 80% better than the Brewers.

The A's also had a significant in run differential, and won more games in a league featuring what I consider to be the three best teams in baseball in 2018 (HOU, BOS, NYY). In fact, those three teams made up about 20% of the A's schedule. If the two teams were to play 162 games against each other, I would expect the A's to have a decent winning %.
The Indians also played in the worst division in baseball, while the Brewers played in perhaps the best. At least one of the best. Again, I definitely think the Indians roster was much better but I think Brewers played better. A's did play more comparably to Milwaukee and is very similar across the board. Great hitting, great bullpen and a weak rotation that played better than they really were. And the A's division was tough and league was definitely tougher, so I could be convinced that they played better as well. I think that's very close.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The objective in baseball is to score more runs than your opponent.
So you think teams would rather have a better run differential and win 91 games or have a not quite as good run differential and win 96 games? I think 10 out of 10 teams would take the 96 wins, in a MUCH harder division yet.

I think teams would rather win 10 1-run games then win a game by 5+ runs one day and simply lose the next day.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think teams would rather have a better run differential and win 91 games or have a not quite as good run differential and win 96 games? I think 10 out of 10 teams would take the 96 wins, in a MUCH harder division yet.

I think teams would rather win 10 1-run games then win a game by 5+ runs one day and simply lose the next day.

I'm sure a team would rather win the World Series than actually be the best team that season. That has no bearing on our discussion of are the Indians or Brewers a better team.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure a team would rather win the World Series than actually be the best team that season. That has no bearing on our discussion of are the Indians or Brewers a better team.
I agree that they'd definitely rather do that. If winning more games in the regular season has no bearing then "having a better run differential" in the regular season also has no bearing on who is better. And if you're only basing it off of who wins the World Series than there is nothing to discuss as to who is better since only the champs are eligible to be considered.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dougplayer and I had some VERY stupid conversations on the AL Central board. But we NEVER sunk so low as to debate "run differential". We had to draw the line somewhere.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dougplayer and I had some VERY stupid conversations on the AL Central board. But we NEVER sunk so low as to debate "run differential". We had to draw the line somewhere.

Go beg for attention elsewhere, turd.