• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be doing cartwheels if he had 12 catches. It'd mean he was actually getting used in our offense. I don't expect him to ever be a blocking TE, other than maybe chipping a DE once in a while.

Tate had a huge game and did not have 12 catches. The Lions will continue to win if Stafford keeps hitting open guys and not forcing throws. Keep defenses honest and keep the chains moving.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate had a huge game and did not have 12 catches. The Lions will continue to win if Stafford keeps hitting open guys and not forcing throws. Keep defenses honest and keep the chains moving.

I didn't mean 12 catches in one game. I meant 12 catches thru 4 games. Hell -- Ebron has only had 12 passes thrown his way in 4 games, so it'd be tough for him to get 12 catches in a game. About the only guy on the Lions with the opportunity to do something like that is Megatron.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tate had a huuuge game, ebron with his first TD, Staff looked incredible, great game bring on buffalo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micro, off the subject here, but Jaylon Smith just blows my mind to what he has done so far. I watched the Domer game vs the Cuse last night. Kid is so dang lightning quick and everywhere.

back to subject

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the difference between what I said and what you said? Especially the part I put in bold. Aren't you saying Ebron was getting open, but Stafford was throwing to other open receivers?

Pretty much. Hell I was listening Jets broadcast and heard them say Stafford has his pick too many times on who to throw to.

Would if preferred Stafford hit Ebron in middle or hit Ross?

Just because A guy is open does not mean that is where it goes every time. Can you actually say Stafford has not had radar lock on CJ for long time? He is covered like blanket and guys open where does Matt throw?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the next couple of years CJ's contract is going to be tough to deal with. If he wont take a cut, we may end up having to see him go somewhere else. As much as I wanted a defensive player, offensive weapons may be exactly what this team needed.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Mike, that made me lol.

It isn't fair of me to judge Ebron like I have, but I just hate seeing all the WR's drafted in the 1st round producing for their teams (everyone but Beckham, who hasn't played), while Ebron is used sparingly by the Lions.

If you are going to spend a pick that valuable on a TE -- put him out there and let him make plays. He had a nice catch today, but even with Fauria out and CJ injured, they only threw him the ball a couple times. I just want to see him have an opportunity.

Maybe later in the season they will start using him a bit more.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those aware have a CJ and Tate with them? These guys stepped in as #1 or#2

I hated the pick. Wanted DB. Santa told me no, so I am cheering for success for the gift I got. Being they won by seven I will say Easy E had a game winner and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. Hell I was listening Jets broadcast and heard them say Stafford has his pick too many times on who to throw to.

Come on Gandy. I respect your opinion, but that is a stretch. Unless we had the team's game tapes -- we would have no idea how often Ebron was or wasn't open. The only thing we have to go by is how often the ball is thrown his way. That is why I said -- if Ebron was getting open all the time -- the coaches would be calling his number much more often.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those aware have a CJ and Tate with them? These guys stepped in as #1 or#2

I hated the pick. Wanted DB. Santa told me no, so I am cheering for success for the gift I got. Being they won by seven I will say Easy E had a game winner and move on.

Watkins took over the #1 role on Buffalo. Evans is a #2 on TB behind Vincent Jackson. Brandin Cooks has taken over the #2 in NO after obviously, Jimmy Graham. Kelvin Benjamin is the #1 in Carolina and has been a beast.

So while a couple have to compete with a #1 option. All of them are #1 or #2 options on their teams. Ebron will have played out his rookie contract before he gets that chance in Detroit, unless we get rid of Calvin or Tate. That is why I have said Ebron has no shot to live up to where he was drafted and that he could have been much more successful if he was drafted by someone else, as he will be extremely limited in Detroit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Graham just fumbled. Hopefully Ebron doesn't ever do that.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncosmitty said:
Ebron only had ONE TD, prolly should trade him for Dee Miliner.

TrustMeIamRight said:
I'm all for it.

broncosmitty said:
Honestly Mike, that made me lol. :suds:

Kreton said:
Why trade a good TE for a cb who's a bust?

uuummmmm, prolly sarcasm in 1st quote; truth in 2nd quote; left hand raised/palm out/right hand on the book, truth, so help him in 3rd quote; quote #4, he missed many previous posts by 1st quote and therefore missed the boat and lost all the sarcasm in that post...

I got it, but I'm wrong 98.98% of the time and FOG will step in here claiming I didn't get the sarcasm by Smitty. My thumbs up on Smitty's 1st post, was merely me comprehending his sarcasm.

I cannot stand Milliner, but he isn't a bust yet. He came on to play well at the end of last year after struggling early. I still wouldn't take him, period.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uuummmmm, prolly sarcasm in 1st quote; truth in 2nd quote; left hand raised/palm out/right hand on the book, truth, so help him in 3rd quote; quote #4, he missed many previous posts by 1st quote and therefore missed the boat and lost all the sarcasm in that post...

I got it, but I'm wrong 98.98% of the time and FOG will step in here claiming I didn't get the sarcasm by Smitty. My thumbs up on Smitty's 1st post, was merely me comprehending his sarcasm.

I cannot stand Milliner, but he isn't a bust yet. He came on to play well at the end of last year after struggling early. I still wouldn't take him, period.

I appreciated you getting my sarcasm BigBlue. I was aware of DMilley being hurt and not being what hopes and dreams are made. So I thought he was a decent option for a pretend trade that I don't want to happen.

Also appreciate that you've realized I do not dislike Ebron. Didn't dislike the pick, don't dislike the player. Yes, I wanted Dix. What I really didn't want was Mayhews stupid ass to throw away draft picks for another micromachine receiver. (Watkins)

To be honest, I think I like Ebron, might just be my next Lions jersey. (Unless Suh resigns.....)

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was referring to Mikes assertion that if a player isn't great by four games then was a shitty pick. Milliner wasn't good after four games.