• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both with a 2-1 record.....Hmm....For some reason I think Seattle will have the better record at the end of the season.

Maybe it's because I watch the games and not look at stats.

Well to be fair tio the Hawks they've played 3 very good offenses so far Rodgers Rivers Manning
Lions played Manning and Rodgers also of course Lions got to play Eli and the Hawks Peyton

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair tio the Hawks they've played 3 very good offenses so far Rodgers Rivers Manning
Lions played Manning and Rodgers also of course Lions got to play Eli and the Hawks Peyton
The Lions might even have better stats this week considering they play the Jets......We all know the Jets can drop 400 yards in the air, they do it every week.

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting at the top? You must not follow the Lions brass. You might have heard of Millen, but wait till you hear about Mayhew on the west coast.....It usually takes a few years to get there.
Psst don't tell anybody but I've been a closet Lions fan since Barry I remember Moore Perriman and Morton catching passes from Hipple and Danielson Scott Mitchell anyways I am a NFL draftnik and have been for years I know how bad they've drafted and truth be told they aren't that much worse at it than anyone else although I believe they have not given enough thought to character and will to succeed but most teams are just getting around to that type of thinking

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting at the top? You must not follow the Lions brass. You might have heard of Millen, but wait till you hear about Mayhew on the west coast.....It usually takes a few years to get there.

Yes I've heard of Martin and yes he has drafted a few character concerns but after Fairley and Titus he seems to have learned from his mistakes I like the way he's trying to build his team inside out

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Bring Back Wayne Fontes and I will be Happy!!!!!! That's how bad it is in Detroit!!!!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I've heard of Martin and yes he has drafted a few character concerns but after Fairley and Titus he seems to have learned from his mistakes I like the way he's trying to build his team inside out
Titus not on the team, Fairley won't be in Detroit next year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Ok I think I get it. We can only draft Hall of fame Tight Ends in the first round, but as long as its a different position they can be mediocre(in my Richard Sherman voice).

I think that this debate is over due to repetitiveness.

Yeah -- that is what people are saying.:L You see all kinds of teams in the NFL spending top 10 picks on one dimensional TE's.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget about his status as a 1st rd pick real quick, and just look at that TD catch. that was a tough catch to make, back shoulder and a bullet from stafford. I applaud him for that catch, showed a lot of athleticism. Still don't agree with the pick, but its already been done, can only root for the guy now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget about his status as a 1st rd pick real quick, and just look at that TD catch. that was a tough catch to make, back shoulder and a bullet from stafford. I applaud him for that catch, showed a lot of athleticism. Still don't agree with the pick, but its already been done, can only root for the guy now.

I give him props for his 1st TD catch in the NFL. It is disappointing though, to me, that he finished with only 3 catches and 34 yards in a game where CJ was a decoy because of the injury and Fauria didn't play. Especially in a game where we knew we would have to pass the ball and covering TE's is something the Jets have struggled with.

I am loving getting to watch the Lions defense though. You see the blitzes and switching things up, making adjustments -- it is really fun to watch them. I could really get used to watching them play like they have the last couple games.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, are you able to give it a rest already?

I didn't bring it up. I just responded to the original post by the new guy on the board.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike you do realize Ebron took what Matt gave him. As Pettigrew also took what Stafford and LB's gave them.

I knew it would not matter if he had any progress it would not suffice. Same shit I said last week to you.
I am happy that Stafford actually distributed the ball all over and had a huge (me eating crow) day. With CJ ineffective. Tate proving to be huge so far.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smiling a little bit, but the secondary will show up soon enough.

Actually Slay had a rough series in second half on that TD drive. Sure he will have a rough game ahead.

Hell even Seattle gave up 3 passing TDs in a game earlier. Just a anomaly I guess Lions give up three surely will be end of world

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike you do realize Ebron took what Matt gave him. As Pettigrew also took what Stafford and LB's gave them.

If Ebron was getting open on a regular basis -- the coaches would be calling his number way more than 12 times in 4 games.

You are acting like Ebron, who was covered by Antonio Allen, much of the game, was running wide open and Stafford wouldn't throw the ball his way.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ebron was getting open on a regular basis -- the coaches would be calling his number way more than 12 times in 4 games.

You are acting like Ebron, who was covered by Antonio Allen, much of the game, was running wide open and Stafford wouldn't throw the ball his way.

Nope at all what I am saying. Saying Ebron was not the only guy open. Seems many guys were and Stafford made right decisions. Hell even CJ is not open every play.

Not arguing with TPaul here ... No need to twist my words to your advantage when I never say it. Little bit more level headed on this end to fall for you always wanting to be right.

I can give two shits about being right ... Stafford made me look bad today. No problems from end when he does. Just embrace the fact that 3 for 34 and a touch was step in progress in my book

Same Ole Mike D

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope at all what I am saying. Saying Ebron was not the only guy open. Seems many guys were and Stafford made right decisions. Hell even CJ is not open every play.

What is the difference between what I said and what you said? Especially the part I put in bold. Aren't you saying Ebron was getting open, but Stafford was throwing to other open receivers?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 catches you would bitch about his non blocking.

I would be doing cartwheels if he had 12 catches. It'd mean he was actually getting used in our offense. I don't expect him to ever be a blocking TE, other than maybe chipping a DE once in a while.