• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: It's not that I don't like Ebron, it's more of taking him at 10th overall that ticks me off. I wanted a DB and will want 3 coming this years draft because we can't seem to learn it's a passing league and never address it.

When I say address it, I mean address it honestly and not by drafting a bunch of 2nd and 3rd day guys in the draft.....The Lions need to address it like they did with the DL......

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, the problem with this logic is now you're drafting by process of elimination. Well then. We had Quinn, Ihedigbo just signed, our Dline always looks good with Suh, had Levy and Tulloch setvin stone, Oline looked dam good last year, and had Bush and Bell. So we should've only been able to draft a LB or DB, right? Now you are talking about being happy with reaches.

Just want to point out. Ihedbigo is 31 or 32 already and is nothing more than a stop gap until we find a long term solution at Safety. I would have loved to see the Lions trade back and get someone like Calvin Pryor. DT -- Both Suh and Fairley are free agents after next year, so while the DL is good -- it will most likely look much different next year. I would have loved to see the Lions get someone like Aaron Donald.

Hopefully -- Van Noy turns out to be as good as many on this board thinks he can. That will solve any issues we had at OLB, as Levy has been unbelievable. I can tell you though -- I would have been 100% fine if the Lions took Ryan Shazier. With his speed in the Lions new scheme -- I think he would have been a beast on blitzes.

CB -- Detroit is paper thin in the depth department. They were before the season and the injuries have just added to it. Lawson played well in the short time he was on the field. Bentley going down was a blessing from up above, as IMO, the guy is worthless. I can't wait to see Lawson get healthy and come back next year. I still would have loved to see the Lions take one of the CBs at 10. I would have preferred Darqueze Dennard because of the man coverage the Lions will be running this year. Some guys like Kyle Fuller and he has looked great in Chicago thus far.

The thing with the CB position -- it takes time and usually the more talent you have the shorter the learning curve. Darius Slay is the first CB we took in the 1st 2 rounds in years and years. He has also been our best CB this year to date, as he is light years better than he was last year already.

So while you say we needed to draft LB or CB. We actually could have drafted many other positions. To me -- unless the TE has the size and skill set of Jimmy Graham. which Ebron doesn't or is a top shelf complete TE like Rob Gronkowski, which he doesn't -- I don't see the use of a top 10 pick on that position.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Ok I think I get it. We can only draft Hall of fame Tight Ends in the first round, but as long as its a different position they can be mediocre(in my Richard Sherman voice).

I think that this debate is over due to repetitiveness.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have only 1 Hall of fame player since the 70's......Barry Sanders. That says a lot about a team.....Do we really only want 1 hall of fame player once every 40 years?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Ok I think I get it. We can only draft Hall of fame Tight Ends in the first round, but as long as its a different position they can be mediocre(in my Richard Sherman voice).

I think that this debate is over due to repetitiveness.

Exactly. People want to shit moves before they see what they are. Pettigrew and Fauria not the long term solution. Mike will and has pulled up stats to make Pettigrew look like a good receiving option but he's not. Dude collapses in the clutch. Reality is that a lot of people want a specific person in the draft anyone else is garbage. Right now we have a high ceiling player who can really help this team if he's developed right. But he's not a corner so he sucks. If he a corner, and not the right corner Mike wanted he'd suck. If he was the guy Mike wanted and he was playing like shit he'd be all about giving him more time. These arguments aren't about the the Lions getting better or becoming good for a sustainable future they are about people wanting to be right.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High Ceilling? Developed right? Are we talking about the Lions.....I don't want to be on the wrong board.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High Ceilling? Developed right? Are we talking about the Lions.....I don't want to be on the wrong board.

Whole new group of coaches developing guys. Don't lump previous coaches failures on them. Right now they have done well getting players ready to play and play well. Let's hope it continues

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole new group of coaches developing guys. Don't lump previous coaches failures on them. Right now they have done well getting players ready to play and play well. Let's hope it continues
Ya, but last year you thought the Lions were a 16-0 team under the coaching that had been there for 3 or 4 years.

Why is this coaching staff better?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 ranked Defense. Guys are playing better. So far no idiotic decisions.

And I always pick the Lions to win. I'm not going to pick against my team.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the offense ranked? We changed coaching staff there too.

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: It's not that I don't like Ebron, it's more of taking him at 10th overall that ticks me off. I wanted a DB and will want 3 coming this years draft because we can't seem to learn it's a passing league and never address it.

When I say address it, I mean address it honestly and not by drafting a bunch of 2nd and 3rd day guys in the draft.....The Lions need to address it like they did with the DL......

Seattle whom just about everyone says is the top defensive secondary has 1 1st rounder Earl Thomas 2010 Kam Chancelor 5th round 2010 and both their CB's Sherman 5th and Maxwell 6th round in 2011. It is a bunch of things scouts finding prospects that fit their teams system, coaches that get the best out of said players and players that want to be the best they can be Twenty two CB's were picked before Sherman the player before him is plying his trade in Arena Football . Just saying

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle whom just about everyone says is the top defensive secondary has 1 1st rounder Earl Thomas 2010 Kam Chancelor 5th round 2010 and both their CB's Sherman 5th and Maxwell 6th round in 2011. It is a bunch of things scouts finding prospects that fit their teams system, coaches that get the best out of said players and players that want to be the best they can be Twenty two CB's were picked before Sherman the player before him is plying his trade in Arena Football . Just saying
You might be knew to the Lions board. You will have to catch up on the Lions don't know talent. Seattle obviously knows talent....Detroit lacks in that department.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14th in total offense 4th in rushing 23rd in passing
7th in defense 4th in rushing D 20th in passing D
Both with a 2-1 record.....Hmm....For some reason I think Seattle will have the better record at the end of the season.

Maybe it's because I watch the games and not look at stats.

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be knew to the Lions board. You will have to catch up on the Lions don't know talent. Seattle obviously knows talent....Detroit lacks in that department.
It starts at the top it wasn't so long ago that Seattle was in the same shoes in Carroll's 1st season they went through over 200 players that were on the roster (if only for a day or 2) that season

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starts at the top it wasn't so long ago that Seattle was in the same shoes in Carroll's 1st season they went through over 200 players that were on the roster (if only for a day or 2) that season
Starting at the top? You must not follow the Lions brass. You might have heard of Millen, but wait till you hear about Mayhew on the west coast.....It usually takes a few years to get there.