• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron sucks, Stafford should be benched for Moore, Ndamukong Suh needs to be traded for a 2nd round pick, and we need to draft all secondary next year and sign Rod Woodson, Ed Reed, and Deion Sanders. There. Is that the most antagonistic post on a Lions message board?!?!?!

I just talked to TP and he said adding Woodson, Ed Reed and Deion Sanders gives us tremendous depth in the secondary and he would love each of those signings.:suds:

That being said -- You did get one comment right in your post.:whistle:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know we're apparently a dumpster fire this early into the season and will be rebuilding this offseason...

WTF is that all about?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Ebron kick FGs? Might make him useful since he isn't being used to play TE.

Screw Ebron. If we are going to sign a kicker. Give my niece a shot. First it was Michigan State Champs that interviewed her. Now the Detroit News did a big write up about her (link below) and tomorrow Channel 7 is sending out of a crew to do a story on her for the homecoming game, from the parade where she will be done up in her gown, to the football game when they name the homecoming queen at halftime.

Pretty awesome to see all the attention she is getting. Someone shoot Mayhew an e-mail.

Rachel Caswell getting her kicks at Allen Park

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What IM confused about is why all of the tate hate, when tate was their best acquisition of the offseason but you are on board with a first round te. Makes no sense.
'Cause he's a Domer. ;)

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Ebron. If we are going to sign a kicker. Give my niece a shot. First it was Michigan State Champs that interviewed her. Now the Detroit News did a big write up about her (link below) and tomorrow Channel 7 is sending out of a crew to do a story on her for the homecoming game, from the parade where she will be done up in her gown, to the football game when they name the homecoming queen at halftime.

Pretty awesome to see all the attention she is getting. Someone shoot Mayhew an e-mail.

Rachel Caswell getting her kicks at Allen Park

Apparently Mayhew thinks I'm just a yes man who agrees with everything he does. So he stopped taking my calls.

Congrats to your niece. Female breaking into the NFL would be awesome. Hopefully she does it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to your niece. Female breaking into the NFL would be awesome. Hopefully she does it.

I think the NFL is safe. I don't think she will be kicking anywhere past this year. It was just really nice to see her get the type of attention she is getting now.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron sucks, Stafford should be benched for Moore, Ndamukong Suh needs to be traded for a 2nd round pick, and we need to draft all secondary next year and sign Rod Woodson, Ed Reed, and Deion Sanders. There. Is that the most antagonistic post on a Lions message board?!?!?!

Not quite. Reason, stafford haters would probably agree with you.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know we're apparently a dumpster fire this early into the season and will be rebuilding this offseason...

WTF is that all about?

Now that I know getting your goat is possible, I will be getting a lotta goat.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smutty was very anti tate when he signed, not sure why. I think it was a great signing.

I don't like the guy. Straight up don't like him.

And Im a little tired of FA signings on offense that cost money while we fill the defense with scrub asses like the dude that hasn't played and is 30 something.

Kind of how you don't Ebron, right?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite. Reason, stafford haters would probably agree with you.

He does not suck, just one more season and he will be awesome. Stafford has been on a different grading scale for not maturing (suckiness) more than any other draft pick

stafford gets a pass because you always feel he is real deal. Ebron was a bad pick and will not get 4 years to produce.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it takes QBs longer to mature also.

It just gets old hearing excuses for him, yet my excuses for others players are called just that excuses.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it takes QBs longer to mature also.

It just gets old hearing excuses for him, yet my excuses for others players are called just that excuses.

Imo, it's not so much people making excuses for Stafford as it is people defending him from less-than-accurate criticism.

He seems to fall under that "Peyton Manning or Joey Harrington" kind of grading scale that people use way too much, imo. He either needs to be great, or he's absolutely terrible.

The reality is that he's been neither great, nor terrible thus far. The other thing people don't seem to consider is that he's still only 26 years old. We're not talking about some 30 year old QB who has peaked and will always be a middling passer, not by a long shot.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to fall under that "Peyton Manning or Joey Harrington" kind of grading scale that people use way too much, imo. He either needs to be great, or he's absolutely terrible.

My point on other players here. like Smitty said Reiff will be Anthony Munoz soon and Ebron is not Grahm after 3 games. Stafford IMO will remain on the cusp and never elite for a career. Some here act as if Moobs has long hair wears sandles.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Im a little tired of FA signings on offense that cost money while we fill the defense with scrub asses like the dude that hasn't played and is 30 something.

You're talking about Tate, right? I wasn't over excited for that signing, either. Tate's the type of guy that if he's your best WR, then your WR corps is pretty shitty, but if he's your worst, than you're in good shape. So as our 2, soon to be 3 when Ebron breaks out, he's not horrible.

And I understand the "had to overpay" thought because our WR's after Megatron sucked. But why not get a guy like Decker for $1 mil more, who skill level is about even with Tate, but he fits better with Stafford(taller), and is better on the outside, when we already have like 3 slot guys, plus a return guy already?

Again, I don't hate Tate, but I definitely see the logic of it not being a good signing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about Tate, right? I wasn't over excited for that signing, either. Tate's the type of guy that if he's your best WR, then your WR corps is pretty shitty, but if he's your worst, than you're in good shape. So as our 2, soon to be 3 when Ebron breaks out, he's not horrible.

And I understand the "had to overpay" thought because our WR's after Megatron sucked. But why not get a guy like Decker for $1 mil more, who skill level is about even with Tate, but he fits better with Stafford(taller), and is better on the outside, when we already have like 3 slot guys, plus a return guy already?

Again, I don't hate Tate, but I definitely see the logic of it not being a good signing.

Yep. I got tired of hearing about how he never drops a pass, before he got here and dropped a pass. And Im completely with you on the heighth factor.

But that's all football related. I seriously don't like the guy, as a guy. Weasley little fugger, IMO.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not even getting into Stafford nonsense today. It's too nice out.

Takes rain to have a rainbow, know what Im sayin'?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, it's not so much people making excuses for Stafford as it is people defending him from less-than-accurate criticism.

The reality is that he's been neither great, nor terrible thus far. The other thing people don't seem to consider is that he's still only 26 years old. We're not talking about some 30 year old QB who has peaked and will always be a middling passer, not by a long shot.

Stafford is 26 but he's been in the league since he was 20. I'm hopeful that he gets off the Cutler/Romo fence. Has all the talent in the world but has a hard time not resorting back to the bad plays. A throw away or sack taken is often the right play. Instead of understanding that, he tries to make the big play. It's worked many times. It's worked out bad more or just as often.

I'm a Stafford fan. I think/hope he'll put it all together. However, he has had plenty of time to turn the corner and is yet to do so. I'm still hopeful that this coaching staff can aid in his next step. Ultimately it's his choice to be great, he hasn't made that choice yet quite obviously.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like ebron just fine. I dont like that he was selected tenth in the draft when the lions should be focused on building a contender. If the lions hadnt signed tate, we would spend all year complaining how they dont have a WR not named calvin. His signing was out of necessity, it wasnt a luxury signing. Ebron on the other hand,....???