• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe this is the same guy thats suiting up for us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXlNUtcyJoU

He just doesn't seem to have the same swagger/confidence

This video shows exactly what the problem is- the QB he had in college makes Kellen Moore look like John Elway. He went from catching passes from a wet-noodle to catching passes from a howitzer gun.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just doesn't seem to have the same swagger/confidence

In college -- he was faster than the majority of the players trying to cover him. He could use his speed and athleticism to make plays.

In the NFL -- everyone can run. It is going to take him some time, just like most rookies to get acclimated to the speed of the game and what he needs to do to be successful.

I think Ebron will be a solid NFL TE, but IMO, he won't live up to where he was drafted.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This video shows exactly what the problem is- the QB he had in college makes Kellen Moore look like John Elway. He went from catching passes from a wet-noodle to catching passes from a howitzer gun.

Hate to point out the obvious, but if his QB in college had a wet noodle and he dropped 11% of his targets -- That means his hands may be even worse than some believe.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howitzers lob rounds....Stafford doesn't know how to do that.
Chinese+PLZ05+155mm+Self-Propelled+Howitzer+in+Action+pla+army+pakistan+export+bangladesh+uae++laser+guided+gps+rocket+shell++%281%29.jpg

Stafford is more like this.
minigun.jpg

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton has caught more TD passes this year than Ebron.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, Calvin Johnson on a talent deprived team, was 4th in receptions on the Lions in his rookie year. So why the fuck are people bitching about Ebron lack of involvement after 3 games????

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, Calvin Johnson on a talent deprived team, was 4th in receptions on the Lions in his rookie year. So why the fuck are people bitching about Ebron lack of involvement after 3 games????

People bitched when Larry Warford didn't start the first Pre-Season game last year.

I tried showing people Calvin's rookie numbers, it made no difference.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron is trash, right ? Dude shoulda had 33 receptions for 333 receiving yards + 3 TD's and 3 pancakes (not the edible kind) by now in just 3 games, huh. :L

:exploding:
shit is getting old ragging on the pick at this point.

give the kid a chance to get acclimated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe people are comparing Eric Ebron to Calvin fucking Johnson.

But to answer the question, like the Muzz, bitching makes me feel better.

Damn kids.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talent deprived? Maybe you are forgetting about Charles Rodgers, Tatum muthafuckin Bell, Shawn McDonald, Mike Furrey? Oh quite possibly the greatest NFL QB named Kitna the world has ever known, JON KITNA! I dont care who the WR is, when you have the Furrey, Rodgers and McDonald on the team you are 4th.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, why are ebron and CJ being compared? People should be bitching because ebron was a waste of a draft pick at ten, not because he struggled early. Struggling early is expected. Its not his fault the lions fucking picked him at ten. In other news is ryan broyles on his way out the door ala leshoure? Seems that way. The lions will be rebuilding next year if they lose suh, and will be rebuilding next year if they retain suh. I like their chances better with suh. It wouldnt be the end of the world if fairley isnt retained, I think he may just be a haynesworth once he gets his contract.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, why are ebron and CJ being compared? People should be bitching because ebron was a waste of a draft pick at ten, not because he struggled early. Struggling early is expected. Its not his fault the lions fucking picked him at ten. In other news is ryan broyles on his way out the door ala leshoure? Seems that way. The lions will be rebuilding next year if they lose suh, and will be rebuilding next year if they retain suh. I like their chances better with suh. It wouldnt be the end of the world if fairley isnt retained, I think he may just be a haynesworth once he gets his contract.

It remains to be seen if he was a waste of a draft pick or not. If he has a productive career in Detroit for 10 years it was not a waste of a pick.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It remains to be seen if he was a waste of a draft pick or not. If he has a productive career in Detroit for 10 years it was not a waste of a pick.

Huge gamble to take a TE at ten, unless hes jimmy graham it wasnt a good pick.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Way to jump in to a thread and bitch about a bunch of random shit. :clap:

It remains to be seen if Ebron was a waste of a draft pick or not. If he has a productive career in Detroit for 10 years it was not a waste of a pick. His career has barely fucking started. Lets see what he is before we start labeling him a bust or a waste.

And there is no real indication that Broyles is on his way out. By your logic Anyone not starting is going out ala Leshoure. Not that Leshoure matters at all regarding anything at this point. Right now Broyles is depth. Its ok.

You realize we are in week 3 with a winning record and you are in here talking about rebuilding next offseason? How about we let this season play out before we start getting into the offseason and whether or not this team is in rebuilding mode.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge gamble to take a TE at ten, unless hes jimmy graham it wasnt a good pick.

If he has a productive career in Detroit it was a good pick. Not everyone is going to be Jimmy Graham.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Stafford I have to wait six fuckin' years, but Ebrons a bust less than a month in?

:crazy: