• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin piece oh shit, every time it says upload of file failed

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to click "choose file" after you click on the go Advanced. Then after you do choose the file, click the "upload" button on the right.

Got ahead of myself with the paper clip. image.jpg

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get pics I've taken with my phone to upload lately. Not sure what's up with that, always used to work just fine.

It was all those dick pics you've been posting. The internet is mad at you.

Last edited by a moderator:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trustme,

When I say "impact" I'm not saying Ebron is drawing special coverage. Actually, getting him one on one against a LB or S is an ideal situation and taking advantage of that is impactful. After Ebron caught that TD pass from 20 yards out, on a back shoulder throw, opponents are now aware that he can make that play, which in turn, might cause a team to think about how to defend them down there. Lets not act as if other teams we face dont know that Ebron is talented and they dont scheme for him at all.

Right now, I'd find Ebron as a valuable asset to the team considering our star player is always banged up and that he can line up anywhere on the field. Id also like to think that he did contribute to that win against the Jets even though he didnt have 15,000 catches in the game. If he drops that pass, are we still certain the Lions still win the game?

I wish I had ordered that game film package from nfl.com again this year so that I could see what Ebron is doing out there on all of his snaps.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Ebron is being covered differently depends ng situation. Against the Jets he was covered by a corner more than a LB, and on the Ryan Broyles catch the safety was cleared because Ebron beat the corner on a deep route and the safety had to help.

I would still take Fuller. Rookies are going have bad games. Hell Slay is progressing rather nicely, still needs work. I am not concerned where a CB is taken, I am concerned if he can mature. Top 20 means jack shit on the pick just a lesser odds of busting according to some in media who are wrong 70% percent of time.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Ebron stuff is just old.

image-15.jpg

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I copied wrong post. That was for 22cents about Fuller

Hammering Fuller after a bad game after 4 games is no different than this debate on Ebron.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still take Fuller. Rookies are going have bad games. Hell Slay is progressing rather nicely, still needs work. I am not concerned where a CB is taken, I am concerned if he can mature. Top 20 means jack shit on the pick just a lesser odds of busting according to some in media who are wrong 70% percent of time.

I think a big reason why the Lions didn't take a corner was due to the high number of young guys at the position that Austin and Caldwell hadn't had a chance to work with yet.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more focused on all the thumbs up being shot out. I'm fucking tired of debating Ebron.

Well I am a dirty old man and I went straight to wether I could unload sumptin else. After all it is go home day and been 8 days on this rusty load I will home

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more focused on all the thumbs up being shot out. I'm fucking tired of debating Ebron.

But if people complain enough about it the league will re-do the draft just for us! Ya know, since our corners are sooo terrible and all and not drafting one at #10 is killing our defense this year and... oh wait, we didn't absolutely, positively NEED a first round CB to save our atrocious secondary? We aren't getting scorched for 400 passing yards per game with the bunch of crap we have back there? That can't be right, because we didn't listen to the contingent of fans who were 150% sure that our secondary would crash and burn without a safety or CB at #10! There's just no way they were wrong about our secondary, not as sure as they all seemed to be.

Who woulda thunk that the people directly involved with the team might have seen this coming better than the fans did? Crazy talk...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fucking TIRED of debating Ebron.

Easy solution. Don't read the thread entitled "Thoughts on Eric Ebron". Problem solved. Your welcome.:suds:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Ebron is being covered differently depends ng situation. Against the Jets he was covered by a corner more than a LB, and on the Ryan Broyles catch the safety was cleared because Ebron beat the corner on a deep route and the safety had to help.

I agree -- it does depend on the situation. The majority of the time Ebron was in the game, he was covered by Antonio Allen. He has played safety for them the last couple years, but also plays CB at times this year because of all the injuries the Jets have had at the position.

Allen is the same guy the Jets use to cover every pass catching TE. They talked about in pregame on ESPN, as most thought Ebron would be targeted much more with an injured Calvin and no Fauria.

It was a LB on him though when he caught the TD. So you are correct in stating it will change depending on the situation. I'm guessing in the red zone area -- LB's will cover him just as much as a Safety would, as they don't have as much field to cover.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy solution. Don't read the thread entitled "Thoughts on Eric Ebron". Problem solved. Your welcome.:suds:

Orrrrr, stop repeating yourself over and over and over and over. We get it already. You're welcome.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trustme,

When I say "impact" I'm not saying Ebron is drawing special coverage. Actually, getting him one on one against a LB or S is an ideal situation and taking advantage of that is impactful. After Ebron caught that TD pass from 20 yards out, on a back shoulder throw, opponents are now aware that he can make that play, which in turn, might cause a team to think about how to defend them down there. Lets not act as if other teams we face dont know that Ebron is talented and they dont scheme for him at all.

RIGHT now, I'd find Ebron as a valuable asset to the team considering our star player is always banged up and that he can line up anywhere on the field. Id also like to think that he did contribute to that win against the Jets even though he didnt have 15,000 catches in the game. If he drops that pass, are we still certain the Lions still win the game?

I wish I had ordered that game film package from nfl.com again this year so that I could see what Ebron is doing out there on all of his snaps.

Until Ebron is used as more than just an afterthought -- Teams aren't going to game plan to stop him. He has had 12 balls thrown his way thru 4 games.

What I think you are missing is -- I am NOT saying Ebron isn't talented. I think he is. I think on another team, he could put up good numbers. On a team with established talent already in place, including the best WR in the game, to go along with Tate, Bush, Bell, a red zone TE and a complete TE, who has proven he can be the dump off guy for Stafford on short routes. That leaves Ebron without getting many looks, which has been the case the 1st 4 games.

All the guys I mentioned will be on the Lions next year. All of them will be on the Lions the year after that, though I can't confirm Fauria. That is why I said we basically drafted Ebron 10th overall to run vertical routes.

Is he a good safety net to have if Calvin is injured? Yes. Is Calvin injured often? 6 games in 8 years is telling me he isn't. Was it necessary to spend a top 10 pick on a player like Ebron? To me -- absolutely not. You get to pick that high so you can get one of the 10 best college players and they can have an immediate impact.

You keep saying he has impacted games, but it is our defense that has been winning games for us and I am very proud to say that. It is also our defense that has been hurt with the injury bug at multiple positions, that were already thin to begin with.

I guess I just have a diffrent opinion on what impacting a game is, I suppose. I could see if teams were doubling Ebron and rolling coverage his way to take him out of games -- I would say, yeah, he has been making an impact. Teams have single covered him all year, so him running a route is no different than Corey Fuller or anyone else on the Lions. Until Ebron proves he can consistently get open and make plays -- teams aren't going to change how they defend him.

I do think he can make a big impact going forward, but I think it will take an injury to Tate or Calvin Johnson, as they are going to be the two guys who get the majority of the balls throw their way.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orrrrr, stop repeating yourself over and over and over and over. We get it already. You're welcome.

For some reason -- I don't think I ever responded to anything said by you. I am talking with twocents and lionstop. Feel free to close the thread and never open it again. Problem solved AGAIN. and you are welcome AGAIN. I guess I have to repeat myself to get you to understand the easy solution.:suds:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read all the threads here.

I'd quit this habit if you don't want to hear about Eric Ebron, as that is what this thread is about. Hence the title of the thread.