• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13,221 posts.... damn

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im drunk in a rainy cornfield, for lakers information.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trustme,

How do you know exactly what type of impact Ebron had on the game? You would have to have tape for that to see if there was anything about Ebron's precense that made the Giants defend a certain way. No catches and no tds does not tell the whole story here. What if Ebron had two catches for 36 yards? Would we still be having this conversation?

Lionstop -- Why would I need the game tape? Are you saying you think the Giants were rolling coverage or double covering Ebron in the 20 snaps he played, even though their game plan was to single cover the best WR in football.

And I didn't start this thread because of one game. I stated after we spent the draft pick on him, before we even started training camp -- there are only so many footballs to go around and on a team with Calvin Johnson the opportunities could be limited. Golden Tate's performance in game 1 only solidified that opinion for me, as Tate will only continue to build a better relationship with Stafford as he seems to catch everything thrown his way.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uuuhhhhmmmm..... just coming off a 1 month suspension.... but I can understand the temptation tho... I wouldn't be much of a challenge. :yahoo:

Coming off 90 days myself. Apparently whooping ass is frowned upon in this establishment.

Cam back working extra as a laborer. I found out my muscles have muscles. Sore mofo doing real mans work.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's try this again -- if the Lions want to draft for the future -- I have the perfect pick for them:

011_zps3d48b6d1.jpg.html

Edited to add -- this site doesn't like me.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give up -- I tried photo bucket and copying and pasting it and it just puts a link up instead of the picture.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't always work, at work.

But when I do, I still post on The Hoop.

I didn't use work at work. Haven't had to time to post at work, fuuggersworking my dick in the dirt. on top of bridge not many bosses coming up here. Figured it would suck to go back home.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm not saying the Giants were rolling coverage towards Ebron. I'm sure they were fully aware of Ebron and what type of abilities he has. The safeties and LBs definitely has to account for Ebron and a lot of teams will probably be forced to play similar coverage on the Lions because they do have Tate and Ebron.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm not saying the Giants were rolling coverage towards Ebron. I'm sure they were fully aware of Ebron and what type of abilities he has. The safeties and LBs definitely has to account for Ebron and a lot of teams will probably be forced to play similar coverage on the Lions because they do have Tate and Ebron.

The safeties and LBs have to account for any TE going out for a pass, whether if be Ebron, Fauria or Pettigrew. That is all I'm saying. It isn't as if they did anything out of the norm with Ebron in the game for their coverage. All three TE's will draw the same type of coverage.

No team is going to put a LB or Safety on Calvin or Golden Tate, so unless Detroit is using one of our TE's in a 3 Wide set as a 3rd WR -- they will always see a LB or Safety on them.

What I don't think you are understanding is -- It isn't that I don't think Ebron could be a great TE in the NFL. I'm saying, while he is on the Lions and they have the established weapons like they do -- he won't receive the targets, IMO, as Johnson and Tate will eat up anywhere from 250-300 targets.

IF Ebron was drafted by a team without the best WR and another WR like Tate -- HE could be the guy getting 100+ targets a year. It won't happen on the Lions and that is why I said it is a waste to spend a top 10 pick on a one dimensional TE. If he was a Rob Gronkowski clone and was one of the best blocking and receiving TE's -- we'd still get a ton of value out of him, as he could help the running game. He is hear for basically one thing though -- to run vertical routes, as that is the skill set he has that the others don't at his position.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Lions are concerned with exactly how many targets Ebron will get because he's "part" of a system that they run. He was brought in for many reasons, including the vertical routes you keep mentioning. As I can see, you dont believe Ebron effects the way teams scheme against the Lions offense. I do.

When you have the best WR in the game, you want him to get as many one on one situations as possible and Ebron will help do that. You also want Tate to get the same opportunities and Ebron can do that. I dont think its all about how many balls and tds Ebron is hauling in every game as long as the Lions are winning and he's helping teammates do their jobs better.

Pettigrew and Fauria cant do what he does.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a win-win solution: just cross-train Ebron as a strong safety. He's the next Cam Chancellor!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a win-win solution: just cross-train Ebron as a strong safety. He's the next Cam Chancellor!
Now your thinking, but Cam Chancellor doesn't miss tackles....Ebron might have a problem if he tackles like he catches passes...

For some reason Ebron is on my fantasy team.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now your thinking, but Cam Chancellor doesn't miss tackles....Ebron might have a problem if he tackles like he catches passes...

For some reason Ebron is on my fantasy team.

Zack Miller wasn't available?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the LIONS are concerned with exactly how many targets Ebron will get because he's "PART" of a system that they run. He was brought in for many reasons, including the vertical routes you keep mentioning. As I can see, you dont believe Ebron effects the way teams scheme against the Lions offense. I do.

When you have the best WR in the game, you want him to get as many one on one situations as possible and Ebron will help do that. You also want Tate to get the same opportunities and Ebron can do that. I dont think its all about how many balls and tds Ebron is hauling in every game as long as the Lions are winning and he's helping teammates do their jobs better.

Pettigrew and Fauria cant do what he does.

I bolded the two statements I will respond to.

We will have to agree to disagree regarding teams game planning for Ebron, as I would wager we won't see a single play where a defense doubles Ebron and leaves Calvin Johnson in single coverage. At least not intentionally.

You are valuing Ebron as an elite TE, when he is really just a rookie who hasn't even caught a pass in the NFL yet. Let him actually do something before talking about teams game planning to stop him.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying that they'll double Ebron. Im saying that teams will and should double Calvin a lot less because they have a TE that can stretch the field. I never said he was elite either.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Miller wasn't available?

Ofcourse he was, it's a keeper league I snatched him up along with many Seahawks two years ago......I'm sure you were drafting tons of Hawkeyes.....I hear those corn feed guys are tearing it up in the NFL.