• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after the Lions/Bears game.........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had me scared at the beginning of the game. I thought I was going to be saying "here we go again".

Detroit righted the ship and piled it on, outscoring the Bears 31-3 after falling behind 14-3.

Offense looked much better today. Not sure if it was the offense or the Bears piss poor defense, but I will take it. I just loved seeing some touchdowns.

Defense looked pretty good after the 1st couple drives. Chicago did itself absolutely no favors though, leaving themselves in 2nd and 3rd and long many times because of penalties. Chicago did pretty much what I thought they would -- throw quick passes and try to mimic the Pats. Detroit did much better today than last Sunday though.

At 8-4 -- I think the Lions have to be loving life with the upcoming schedule. Hopefully they don't take any of the games coming up lightly. We need every win we can get.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't because of it being poor defense. Had Lombardi kept calling plays the way he has and we put up points that would be the case. But after that fumble, he switched the style to more Shotguns, and a pass heavy attack. Hopefully they realize that this is how the team is built. Not to be a power run ball control offense because that doesn't work when you go 3-and-out, unless your defense bails you out like ours has been.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 wins garauntees us wild card 10 wins makes it very likely. I think.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is sharp when they give him 3 or 4 seconds to look around. The Bears defense is pitiful, and I now have more hope that we can beat the Bears in Chicago.

The offense was more aggressive. 45 passes is about right for this offense full of receiving weapons. Lots of passes at both wideouts and plenty of underneath guys catching the ball in space.

Even Ebron looked like he had a pulse today.

The next two games are absolutely "must win". We can't have the S.O.L. Show up and get surprised by the lowly Buc's. They helped unravel our season last year. Lovie Smith will have them ready against us.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense definitely changed it up. Collins in with no TE and 3 WRs with Bell. That should be one of base offensive sets. Gives us the most options. Offense looked better but still can improve quite a bit.

Take it with a grain of salt considering it was the Bears and their patented "Coverage optional" defense.

Defense finally found an answer to the trips on one side problem. Pretty simple to shift players there instead of staying in zone. Not sure why it took over a game for Austin to figure it out.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Willie Young stop his sack celebration, look at the flag, then finish his celebration anyways???

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions did change it up on offense. The Bears D-Line is still good enough to give a bad O-Line fits. Allen and Young are not slouches at DE. A make shift O-Line still did enough. The Lions stopped trying to force the run and used the screen to slow the rush down.

The Lions really need to take the next three games and should be the favorite in every game they play the rest of the way, minus Green Bay. If the offense keeps playing like they did today they should be fine.

My and 1 is Caldwell stopped with his conservative bullshit and went for it on 4th and short, that in itself gives me hope the Lions will not tank.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Willie Young stop his sack celebration, look at the flag, then finish his celebration anyways???

Same reason he had a bone stickin' out his hand for three weeks and didn't tell anybody.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 wins garauntees us wild card 10 wins makes it very likely. I think.

10-6 will be a 50/50 shot at best. 2nd place in the east, and 2nd and 3rd in the West will be around 10-6 as well.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was Stafford's best game of the year. Actually of the best I have seen from him. I saw 2 horrible throws. Both sidearm... go figure?

OL was terrible early and looked much better when as Twentytwo said shotgun and quick hitters and screen game. Loved seeing hurry up, looked really good.

Lombardi did better. Seems they almost let Stafford open up some. Matt still made good decisions throwing it away and forcing shit. He did force some if you small windows is considered forcing. Stafford threaded some needles today. Really like seeing Collins in some different looks and passing game. Lombardi using only Bell in rushing game shows predictable plays again. I need more Riddick.

Defense did adjust some. I still see the Packers using the quick passes. Just to say the Lions shut it down is not true. Bears shot themselves time and time again in the foot after 1st qtr. Lions actually tackled after first two drives. Bears assisted in our adjustments IMO...

The defense looks scary in zone coverage! Levy is a liability in pass coverage. Sure hope Van Noy develops by next year.

Ziggy is becoming a beast. I am slowly jumping on the Suh should be paid wagon. Just not what 68 wants to pay him. Slay is looking really good. He surely is a future #2 CB Maybe low end #1??? Tell a after his 3rd year.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-6 will be a 50/50 shot at best. 2nd place in the east, and 2nd and 3rd in the West will be around 10-6 as well.

Much Better than a 50/50 if all are 10-6. 49ers and Cowboys have 4 in conference losses. We only have 2. Conference record, if I remember correctly, is the out of division wild card tie breaker. Meaning, if we only lose 2, we will have 4, but if they get to 6 they will be worse. Only Cowboys have more than 1 out of conference game left(2), so they could get to 6 losses with only 4 losses, but not likely.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of that makes sense. Basically we have the tie breaker, and will most likely keep it(if 10-6).

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Today's other games are any indication of the 2nd games in series and Cowboys and 49ers looking at another loss. Again if the Lions take care of business and the Pats do us favor, the last game is a division title game.
49ers offense is struggling worse than the Lions were. See them at 9-7. I am not thinking WC. I will settle for it, but shooting for the division.

I said a five game win streak is in line last week. Today is the first. Lions have broken many omens this year. Winning against ARog in cheesecurd land can be one also...

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the 49ers....kaepernick sucks. They have a good OLine, basically 4 #1 WRs(albeit low end 1, high end 2's), plus Gore and Davis and Colin K can't do shit but scramble and hope someone gets wide wide wide open.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much Better than a 50/50 if all are 10-6. 49ers and Cowboys have 4 in conference losses. We only have 2. Conference record, if I remember correctly, is the out of division wild card tie breaker. Meaning, if we only lose 2, we will have 4, but if they get to 6 they will be worse. Only Cowboys have more than 1 out of conference game left(2), so they could get to 6 losses with only 4 losses, but not likely.

If any of that makes sense. Basically we have the tie breaker, and will most likely keep it(if 10-6).

NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

Yes conference record is second after head to head.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lombardi keeps using Shotgun, we are Superbowl bound.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's other games are any indication of the 2nd games in series and Cowboys and 49ers looking at another loss. Again if the Lions take care of business and the Pats do us favor, the last game is a division title game.
49ers offense is struggling worse than the Lions were. See them at 9-7. I am not thinking WC. I will settle for it, but shooting for the division.

I said a five game win streak is in line last week. Today is the first. Lions have broken many omens this year. Winning against ARog in cheesecurd land can be one also...

If the lions take care of business the pats game doesnt matter.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the lions take care of business the pats game doesnt matter.

True true Laker. I guess a tie with two head to head wins would suffice.

That would be a sweet setup to week 17 though. Do you think the Lions would get flexed then? Nope not then either. No night games. Damn the luck.