• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after the Lions/Bears game.........

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to see they didn't choke, but it's not like beating a bottom-5 defense like the Bears is really an indication of anything.

The defense was good after the first couple series, but I would have liked to see Cu(n)tler under more pressure.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to see they didn't choke, but it's not like beating a bottom-5 defense like the Bears is really an indication of anything.

The defense was good after the first couple series, but I would have liked to see Cu(n)tler under more pressure.

Yes it is. For years we couldn't always beat the teams we were "supposed to beat". Yesterday was an indication that we can. We don't always, but we have more times than not this year.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else more interested in seeing more screen plays? That was easily my favorite part of Linehan's play calling and it seems like we don't do it very often. Golden Tate bubble screens as well. Shouldn't be to hard to get the ball out of Stafford's hands more quickly.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ had a great game :nod: . The sidewinder did better then average against a crappy Bears D. Like others have posted, I hope the Lions don't take any of their next games too lightly.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West is brutal with the teams playing against each other. I can see the 49ers with 2 more losses. Arizona has a tough schedule. Seattle has a tough schedule. This is a case of them beating each other and doing everyone else a favor.

Dallas is the head scratcher. They looked awful versus the Eagles yesterday and have to play them in Philly in just 2 weeks. The Dallas fans are like Lion fans always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think the banging last night was Jerry's Italian loafers falling off a cliff.

K

kengel6

Prater has looked fantastic. Hasn't muffed a PAT and his 50 yd plus kicks have been the bombs the Lions will need to get into the playoffs.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prater has looked fantastic. Hasn't muffed a PAT and his 50 yd plus kicks have been the bombs the Lions will need to get into the playoffs.

Supposedly Prater didn't do any kicking during his suspension. That was probably the biggest reason he looked shaky the first couple of games back.

In the grand scheme he more than fills a hole for Detroit.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lions had to be careful. They didn't want a better QB coming off the bench.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West is brutal with the teams playing against each other. I can see the 49ers with 2 more losses. Arizona has a tough schedule. Seattle has a tough schedule. This is a case of them beating each other and doing everyone else a favor.

Dallas is the head scratcher. They looked awful versus the Eagles yesterday and have to play them in Philly in just 2 weeks. The Dallas fans are like Lion fans always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think the banging last night was Jerry's Italian loafers falling off a cliff.

*cough* Linehan *cough*

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the tiebreakers against everyone except Seattle and even that could change if AZ beats them. AZ would also have them against us too. We are up on everyone else.

Same conference record and Seattle has us on common opponents. The second game with Packers has implications also.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to talk about Wild Card implications.....Detroit wins out they take the Division (by beating the Packers again) They get some Home Field Love....I think the Cardinals and Cowboys will start to fade.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely gameplanned better...lots of quicker developing plays. I still laughed when they came out trying to run on the first drive 2 carries for minus 1 yard. Lombardi has stuck with these deep routes for way too long(this season). They need to be thrown in at certain times, like when youre eating them up with quick passes so bad they quit blitzing. Despite the gameplan and quick passes Staff still took a serious beating. He had a nice view of Calvins TD from his back. The receivers helped alot by catching passes.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to talk about Wild Card implications.....Detroit wins out they take the Division (by beating the Packers again) They get some Home Field Love....I think the Cardinals and Cowboys will start to fade.

I love the optimism Muzz. Twenty-three years is too fucking long to not have a win in Green Bay. Get a feel for that frozen tundra the week before at Soldier Field, then go up there to Lambeau and grind one out.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the optimism Muzz. Twenty-three years is too fucking long to not have a win in Green Bay. Get a feel for that frozen tundra the week before at Soldier Field, then go up there to Lambeau and grind one out.

I'm on board Nightmare, it's doable, but if the Lions crap the bed against Minny or the Bucs then I won't expect much in the Frozen Tundra the last week of the season.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions take the next three they could be resting their guys in Lambeau. The Pack is a streaky team. Also the Patriots are a lot better than them.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cornbread & Kool Aid from Muzz!!! You know the culture is turning when the grumpy old men are happy.

Might want to get a longer bus to drive. Think the short one is full.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the one I drive.

operations.jpg

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears board blowing up over Cutler. Saw this snapshot posted. For a guy like me who picks at Stafford sometimes. Was Stafford this bad down the strecth last year?

Was reading an article on the ESPN-Chicago website entitled QB Snapshot: Jay Cutler and found these gems:

* In Jay's last six starts, he has not generated a QBR better than 68.7.

* Jay produced a QBR of 43.3 in his last start against the Lions.

* He turned over the ball twice more during the Lions game increasing his total turnovers to 20 (one of the two turnovers, however, was in the last seconds of the game, which was forgivable in my view)

* Chicago's opponents have scored a total of 85 point off of the clubs 23 turnovers, 20 of which are Jay's.

* Jay threw a record high 13 screen passes, but completed only 3 of 12 passes of 11 yards or more.

* Bears faced five 3rd downs where they needed 18 yards or more for a 1st down.

* Cutler has a completion record of 49.5% on passes of 5 yards or more, which is 30th in the league out of 34 QB's. Only Derek Carr, Cam Newton, Kirk Cousins, and Drew Stanton rank below Jay Cutler in this category.

* Cutler's 74.7% completion record on play-action passes ranks third in the league, but since the team rarely runs the ball makes the fake handoffs less credible.

Chicago Bears Quarterback Snapshot: Jay Cutler - ESPN Chicago

I guess I knew things were bad, but I had no idea they were that bad.