• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Offseason Has Sucked: 2016 Edition

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Hatfield/McCoys feud is still alive and well :dhd:
The thing is I don't even think he counts as a real fan:

1. Never been to campus
2. Never been to a game
3. Passed up $200 ticket to see them play in the NC
4. Supports over signing and processing players out
5. Makes no financial contribution to the University in any way (and I bet all even his gear is unlicensed)
6. Hasn't lived in the state in years

Yet he wants to come on here and talk shit about Auburn and it's fans. There is zero credibility there as the only Auburn fans he comes into regular contact with are me, Potzer and Crimson King and everyone knows we are all awesome.

He really should follow pro ball as that is his mentality he has no concept or actual experience in the uniqueness, honor and tradition that is college football. You just don't get that through the TV screen and following recruiting sites.

Everyone has a right to watch and enjoy the game but if you want to take ownership of a team there is more to it then running your mouth, buying t-shirts at Wal-Mart and claiming awards won by the sweat and blood of 18 to 22 year olds. You have to give back something and be supportive in some way other than watching on TV and running your mouth.

Not everyone has the opportunity to go to school for the team they root for but if you are going to call yourself a "supporter" or fan of a team there is an obligation to know what that actually means.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is I don't even think he counts as a real fan:

1. Never been to campus
2. Never been to a game
3. Passed up $200 ticket to see them play in the NC
4. Supports over signing and processing players out
5. Makes no financial contribution to the University in any way (and I bet all even his gear is unlicensed)
6. Hasn't lived in the state in years

Yet he wants to come on here and talk shit about Auburn and it's fans. There is zero credibility there as the only Auburn fans he comes into regular contact with are me, Potzer and Crimson King and everyone knows we are all awesome.

He really should follow pro ball as that is his mentality he has no concept or actual experience in the uniqueness, honor and tradition that is college football. You just don't get that through the TV screen and following recruiting sites.

Everyone has a right to watch and enjoy the game but if you want to take ownership of a team there is more to it then running your mouth, buying t-shirts at Wal-Mart and claiming awards won by the sweat and blood of 18 to 22 year olds. You have to give back something and be supportive in some way other than watching on TV and running your mouth.

Not everyone has the opportunity to go to school for the team they root for but if you are going to call yourself a "supporter" or fan of a team there is an obligation to know what that actually means.

Oh, so because I grew up the oldest of 3 kids and my parents couldn't afford to take me to games when I was younger, then I joined the military when I turned 18 instead of going to college that means I'm not a real fan. Nevermind that I grew up watching Alabama football my entire life.

:lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Hatfield/McCoys feud is still alive and well :dhd:

I wouldn't even call it that. Auburn fans try to make out that Alabama fans are all these things because it's about all they have. They are the definition of little brother. Alabama fans get highlighted because Alabama has success. Auburn fans are just as bad or even worse, but because they are little brother nobody cares.

That's why he holds onto the 85% quote from Clay Travis so hardcore, and of course tries to claim I'm not even a real fan despite following Alabama football for more than 30 years. It's literally all they have.

There's a reason we call them the booger eaters.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even call it that. Auburn fans try to make out that Alabama fans are all these things because it's about all they have. They are the definition of little brother. Alabama fans get highlighted because Alabama has success. Auburn fans are just as bad or even worse, but because they are little brother nobody cares.

That's why he holds onto the 85% quote from Clay Travis so hardcore, and of course tries to claim I'm not even a real fan despite following Alabama football for more than 30 years. It's literally all they have.

There's a reason we call them the booger eaters.
Nobod cares about Auburn? Think about that and think about SEC history, national championship contention and research ratings of games over the last 20 years. If you have any intelligence you will acknowledge what a stupid statement that is.

Auburn is very relevant in college football and any half ass fan of the sport with at least a high school education knows this.

You prove you belong to the 85% almost every time you post.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobod cares about Auburn? Think about that and think about SEC history, national championship contention and research ratings of games over the last 20 years. If you have any intelligence you will acknowledge what a stupid statement that is.

Auburn is very relevant in college football and any half ass fan of the sport with at least a high school education knows this.

Auburn is a legend - in the minds of Auburn fans.

But when people talk about blue bloods, I never see Auburn mentioned.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and if we just want to talk about the past 20 years, then Florida and Florida St > Auburn.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn is a legend - in the minds of Auburn fans.

But when people talk about blue bloods, I never see Auburn mentioned.
Who are the blue bloods? Didn't we have a thread on this a while back?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the blue bloods? Didn't we have a thread on this a while back?

Alabama, USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma would be my top 4.

Michigan, Ohio St and Texas would be in my top 7.

And I'd say that's about it off the top of my head.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama, USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma would be my top 4.

Michigan, Ohio St and Texas would be in my top 7.

And I'd say that's about it off the top of my head.
I'm guessing Multiple NCs is the criteria for your blue blood list.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Multiple NCs is the criteria for your blue blood list.

That's a big part of it. But also needs to have a pretty long tradition. Michigan for example I would generally drop off that list if only about NC since their stuff is so old for the most part. And at the same time I'd be moving Nebraska up if I only looked at NC.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go home, WT. You drunk.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony of a guy who didn't buy a $200 ticket to see his team locally in the national championship game talking about being a blue blood is just too much.

Like I said you define the 85% and get way too much of your self esteem from a football team you've never seen except on TV.

It's would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I jest about the Hatfields/McCoys feud, but I am part of one myself- and the teams don't even play each other anymore!

So, I understand.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I used to piss my wife off because when I was out of state on business, and Texas was playing someone somewhere close by (I admit, I would schedule some of my meetings with clients knowing full well Texas had a road game within driving distance...) I'd call and say, "Hey, since I'm up here, I'm going to re-schedule my flight home and drive over to ____________ and see the Horns play. :dhd:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and she's no longer my wife, so there's that.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I jest about the Hatfields/McCoys feud, but I am part of one myself- and the teams don't even play each other anymore!

So, I understand.
Nah, y'all meet every October in Dallas to settle the feud! j/k

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, y'all meet every October in Dallas to settle the feud! j/k

oh yeah, that's one feud.

there's another blood feud with the group in College Station...lot of divided families, mixed marriages, and the like.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony of a guy who didn't buy a $200 ticket to see his team locally in the national championship game talking about being a blue blood is just too much.

Like I said you define the 85% and get way too much of your self esteem from a football team you've never seen except on TV.

It's would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

so let me get this straight.

If I had paid the $500 for the nosebleed tickets and went to that game, suddenly my fandom is legit. But the 30+ years prior that I've followed Alabama football - that means nothing.

And if I had paid the $500 for the nosebleed tickets, then somehow that means that I am able to identify who blood blue teams are and who isn't?

:lol: Are you that fucking desperate? Typical booger eater.

For the record, I don't even remotely regret not going to that game. I was worried I would be, but as soon as the game came on and they showed the stands and where I would have been sitting from the field, I knew right away I made the right decision.

I wouldn't have been going for a better experience, I would have just been going to say that I went. And fuck that shit, I'm too damn old to waste money just to brag about having gone to a game. If that means I have to listen to people such as yourself bring it up repeatedly whenever you get backed into a corner, then so be it. All it says to me is - you ain't really got shit to say, so you bring up petty bullshit.

I do however regret not knowing that the ticket prices were going to drop so much so that I could have planned for it and gotten better seats. When I first looked into tickets it was $2000 I would have had to spend just for the nosebleeds.