• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Offseason Has Sucked: 2016 Edition

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Richt to donate $1 million of his own money toward indoor practice facility at Miami
CaneSport.com first reported that, at a booster event in Chicago last week, the Miami head coach told those in attendance that he will be donating $1 million of his own money to be used toward the construction of The U’s indoor facility. Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post, citing several sources who were at the event, subsequently confirmed the Rival.comwebsite’s initial report.

In February, Boston College announced its plans for an indoor practice facility, which left Miami as the only team in the ACC without either such a structure already built or the plans in place. While the desire for such a facility pre-dates Richt’s hiring, the former Georgia head coach has stumped for one on a regular basis since returning to his alma mater.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Irvin takes to Twitter to announce transfer from Auburn
After just one season on The Plains, Tim Irvin will be plying his football wares elsewhere moving forward.

On his personal Twitter account Tuesday, Irvin, the nephew of former Miami Hurricanes and Dallas Cowboys receiving great Michael Irvin, announced that “it will be better for me to pursue my career elsewhere.” The 5-9, 194-pound defensive back gave no reason for his decision.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton is still a pussy.

tcHAC7e.gif

Google "Cam Newton is a pussy" and the SportsHoopla thread on it is 4th on the list. :pound::pound::pound:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn RB Roc Thomas apparently heading to Jacksonville State
Auburn running back Roc Thomas is possibly looking to join one of the top programs from the FCS ranks. Reports today surfaced suggesting Thomas is looking to transfer to Jacksonville State, although another report says he has yet to ask Auburn for a request to transfer.

During a radio interview, Jay G. Tate of AuburnSports.com said Thomas is likely on his way to Jacksonville State

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia AD apologizes for giving Ludacris everything he demanded for spring game concert
The University of Georgia paid Ludacris $65,000 to perform a concert at Georgia’s spring football game, and now the athletics director is apologizing for catering to every demand made by the artist.

In a meeting with the Georgia athletic board of directors, athletics director Greg McGarity offered an apology for giving in to a lengthy list of demands from Ludacris, which included condoms and alcohol.
:spit:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buechele to FR Colin Johnson, TD! Will see this many times this year...

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina LB Skai Moore out for 2016 season
South Carolina head coach Will Muschamp revealed linebacker Skai Moore will miss the entire 2016 season after a herniated disc in his neck failed to heal on its own. Muschamp said Moore aggravated the injury suffered during the 2015 season while in the weight room prepping for spring practice.

“He’ll be fine. This is not a career-threatening situation,” Muschamp said, via The State. “This is a very common procedure for herniated disc. It’s unfortunate that it didn’t heal on its own.”

Muschamp said Moore will redshirt this fall and return as a fifth-year senior in 2017.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington receiver leaves Huskies to combat depression and anxiety
Washington wide receiver Isaiah Renfro is leaving the program after missing spring football to deal with some personal issues. Renfro announced on Sunday, via Twitter, he took time in the spring to receive treatment for a battle with depression. The true freshman explained he lost his passion for the game of football in the process and says he is stepping away from the sport and will not attend Washington.

“This year has to be one of the toughest times I’ve had to endure in my life,” Renfro explained in a lengthy Twitter post. “While going through this year I have struggled with and have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Everyday [sic] it’s very hard for me to just do a simple thing like get myself out of bed in the morning. This entire year I pushed through and gave it my all, till I had none left. I hate failure so I felt like I’d be cheating myself by quitting. But I started to see myself changing… I wasn’t the same, I lost love for the game I’ve been playing ever since I could walk, and it seemed more like a job to me than fun.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Big 12 revote, Baker Mayfield gets another year of eligibility
The new measure will allow a walk-on at one Big 12 school to transfer within the conference and not face restrictions if his first school does not offer him a scholarship. If that school does offer a scholarship, the walk-on can still transfer within the conference but must sit out a season.

As an added bonus for both Mayfield and the Sooners, the rule will retroactively apply to the quarterback, which means, if he so chooses, he would have another season of eligibility to use during the 2017 season. Mayfield was not offered a scholarship upon leaving Tech, thus his grandfathering in under this new edict.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami (Ohio) the new home for ex-Auburn lineman Jordan Diamond
While the new destination has yet to announce his addition to the roster, Diamond took to his Twitter account late last month to announce that he will be continuing his playing career at Miami of Ohio. Because he’s coming to the RedHawks as a graduate transfer, Diamond will be eligible to play immediately in 2016.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss. St. suspends five-star 2016 signee Jeffery Simmons for opener
Thursday afternoon, Mississippi State announced that Jeffery Simmons has been allowed to enroll at the university for summer school and will be permitted to participate in football activities. However, the touted defensive lineman will be suspended for the 2016 opener against South Alabama and will be required to be “will be evaluated by the licensed professionals at the university’s Student Counseling Services and… complete any program prescribed by that office.”

Controversy swirled in late March after a video that showed Simmons violently striking a female several times while she was on the ground. In a Facebook apology, Simmons claimed that the woman had spoken ill of a deceased relative, although he stated that didn’t excuse his actions.