• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is Heaven, best draft ever.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are being absolutely stupid. "LET'S draft a project OT going against the best pass rushers in the league and then let's draft a DT when we're already stacked at D-Line with young players! Let's ignore the GLARING hole in the secondary that can allow us to get torched by any decent WR (like AHEM Percy Harvin)."

Then we have full out derp 9ers not moving up with their million draft picks to actually get a wep.

Division so far (pending Cards) is a freebie for Seattle based on this draft and FA. What a joke.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we traded back ... I like it... So we got another 2nd and a 4th ?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job guys, you guys did exactly what I hoped the Niners would have done.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the draft went pretty well from the Seahawks' perspective. Disappointed to see Bucannon go to Arizona though. Guy hits like Kam, the Seahawks will have to keep their heads on a swivel.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The angry Look on Johnny's face made my day.

And then the whole Money thing when he was picked ruined it

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job guys, you guys did exactly what I hoped the Niners would have done.

Well we didn't ... Pete and John did ... But I know what you mean.. So your not happy with the db you guys selected ?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the draft went pretty well from the Seahawks' perspective. Disappointed to see Bucannon go to Arizona though. Guy hits like Kam, the Seahawks will have to keep their heads on a swivel.

We'll hit um right back.... Better

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sory guys. Can't stand Johnny Football. Ever Since the Heisman and After

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do they trade 40 and 108 and move back to like 48 or so and get a mid 3rd rounder in return?

I don't know the draft pick values, so just throwin stuff against the wall.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sory guys. Can't stand Johnny Football. Ever Since the Heisman and After

Me too, and the NFL network coverage of him the whole end of the show was disgusting. I was watching ESPN at the beginning and it was the same.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do they trade 40 and 108 and move back to like 48 or so and get a mid 3rd rounder in return?

I don't know the draft pick values, so just throwin stuff against the wall.

OR I guess maybe it would be 64 and 108 to get a third rounder.....awgh I don;t know how this works, nevermind me. Carry on.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR I guess maybe it would be 64 and 108 to get a third rounder.....awgh I don;t know how this works, nevermind me. Carry on.

Hawks traded 32 to minny for 40 and their fourth rounder

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definately bummed he is in the division. I love watching him play. They will have a decent secondary with Cromartie, Peterson, Honey Badger and Buhcannon.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks traded 32 to minny for 40 and their fourth rounder

I think I was trying to figure a way to get a third rounder using 40 and 108. Maybe trading back from 40 to get 55 and 88 in return. I don't know what the values are of each spot though.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I like Ward, he'll cover the slot and probably eventually move to safety making a great tandem with Reid.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one the Niners were going to draft at 30 were likely going to start over any current Niners player so why not draft a guy that covered the slot his whole college career and has a bunch of upside at Safety.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are being absolutely stupid. "LET'S draft a project OT going against the best pass rushers in the league and then let's draft a DT when we're already stacked at D-Line with young players! Let's ignore the GLARING hole in the secondary that can allow us to get torched by any decent WR (like AHEM Percy Harvin)."

Well, I wouldn't call it the "best draft ever", but I like it. :) Not being facetious, or trying to talk trash by any means. But, I am genuinely curious as to how exactly you came to these conclusions about what many are listing among the best of the first round picks this year?

I'd hardly call the consensus #2 prospect in the draft a "project". All signs say he's ready to start, day one, at about any position on the line. (Besides... the only time he'll face the "best pass rushers in the league", will be during practice. ;) )The Rams won't be using him at T, though. He'll start as a guard to play alongside Jake Long. He fills both an immediate need (the only returning guard from last year is Rodger Saffold) and a future one, when Long moves on. The Rams are moving more towards a run-first mentality and the left side of the line should now be prime real estate for it.

As far as pick #13 goes... well... I would have preferred a safety (Calvin Pryor, to be specific), but I'm more than content with Aaron Donald, who most have graded as the top DT in the draft. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that he was a Gregg Williams pick. Donald fits his scheme perfectly, which calls for pressure on the QB, while only rushing 4. I think we both already know how much pressure the Rams can generate, as-is. If he pans out, the Rams will have the best defensive line in football... by a wide margin.

Also, you gotta remember that we're only one round in Lol. So I would expect that secondary help, backup QB and possibly even an OLB are in the cards. But both first rounders were very good choices by my (and many others') calculations.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened in the first round shouldn't excite Seahawk fans. The Rams got a lot better. The Cards got a little better and the Niners got a sliver better. The Hawks added nobody. I suppose the thinking is when you win a Super Bowl you can maintain the status quo, which I agree is logical...to some extent.

We got a lot of draft to go and SEA may nail some picks coming up here, but I wouldn't be ecstatic looking at the divisional picks in the first round so far.

Keep in mind AZ started the season like crap due to half the roster being new guys with a new head coach and finished the year 7-2 with a seemingly impossible win IN SEATTLE. Seattle barely beat SF to get to the SB. And the Rams would probably have been in a playoff team in a few other divisions so them getting signficantly better should scare us a bit.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened in the first round shouldn't excite Seahawk fans. The Rams got a lot better. The Cards got a little better and the Niners got a sliver better. The Hawks added nobody. I suppose the thinking is when you win a Super Bowl you can maintain the status quo, which I agree is logical...to some extent.

We got a lot of draft to go and SEA may nail some picks coming up here, but I wouldn't be ecstatic looking at the divisional picks in the first round so far.

Keep in mind AZ started the season like crap due to half the roster being new guys with a new head coach and finished the year 7-2 with a seemingly impossible win IN SEATTLE. Seattle barely beat SF to get to the SB. And the Rams would probably have been in a playoff team in a few other divisions so them getting signficantly better should scare us a bit.

I COMPLETELY agree, with some of your statements.

Did the Rams get better? ABSOLUTELY.
Did the Cards/49ers get better? Yep. No question.
Did the Hawks get better? Nope!

So why am I posting what I did?

Did the Rams get better value out of their picks? NOPE.
Did the Cards/49ers get better value out of their picks? NOPE.

The Rams could've traded back, gotten ANOTHER TOP 10 first round pick but didn't. They took an OT who emerged the last few months as the best OT (while Jake Mathews was #1 for the longest time) and another DT while not addressing glaring weaknesses at playmakers (WR/TE) and secondary.

The Cards took a player that would've been there mid 2nd (likely even 3rd) thus negating a pick.

The 49ers lol... k, take a nickel starting CB. CONGRATS THE TONS of picks you have in the upcoming rounds. You could've traded up for Watkins and it wouldn't have cost you next years first. Could've gotten Dix for a 2nd this year. I guess hope someone wants to give you the first next year for one of your 2nds?

This draft scared me because of what our division rivals COULD do. Rams could have ANOTHER F'ing top 10 pick. The 9ers could've gotten Evans/Watkins/Beckham/Gilbert, etc. The Cards could've traded back acquiring more picks and still got their guy. Yes all our opponents got better. DUH. But they could've gotten MUCH better and been MUCH more of a threat, and that they didn't do. They all took reaches and/or projects (outside of Donald, who is going to make a scary line, scary?) and for that I'm happy. You completely missed the point, :doh:

Last edited by a moderator: