• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is Heaven, best draft ever.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I COMPLETELY agree, with some of your statements.

Did the Rams get better? ABSOLUTELY.
Did the Cards/49ers get better? Yep. No question.
Did the Hawks get better? Nope!

So why am I posting what I did?

Did the Rams get better value out of their picks? NOPE.
Did the Cards/49ers get better value out of their picks? NOPE.

The Rams could've traded back, gotten ANOTHER TOP 10 first round pick but didn't. They took an OT who emerged the last few months as the best OT (while Jake Mathews was #1 for the longest time) and another DT while not addressing glaring weaknesses at playmakers (WR/TE) and secondary.

The Cards took a player that would've been there mid 2nd (likely even 3rd) thus negating a pick.

The 49ers lol... k, take a nickel starting CB. CONGRATS THE TONS of picks you have in the upcoming rounds. You could've traded up for Watkins and it wouldn't have cost you next years first. Could've gotten Dix for a 2nd this year. I guess hope someone wants to give you the first next year for one of your 2nds?

This draft scared me because of what our division rivals COULD do. Rams could have ANOTHER F'ing top 10 pick. The 9ers could've gotten Evans/Watkins/Beckham/Gilbert, etc. The Cards could've traded back acquiring more picks and still got their guy. Yes all our opponents got better. DUH. But they could've gotten MUCH better and been MUCH more of a threat, and that they didn't do. They all took reaches and/or projects (outside of Donald, who is going to make a scary line, scary?) and for that I'm happy. You completely missed the point, :doh:

Shark totally disagree with you on bucannon...avail in the third?? Are you crazy! Why in the world do you say that? Dont answer, i know why,,,,put down Mel Kipers book and realize thhe people making the picks know a whle lot more then you or me and especially mel....,

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark totally disagree with you on bucannon...avail in the third?? Are you crazy! Why in the world do you say that? Dont answer, i know why,,,,put down Mel Kipers book and realize thhe people making the picks know a whle lot more then you or me and especially mel....,

"LIKELY" is probably not the right word. But the Cards could've traded back either way.

Fair point on your part. My initial comment was out of line. Either way the Cards just needed to trade back BEFORE the Boys to nab him. It was a reach for sure.. just like Carpenter was for the Hawks (graded that a B player, F position draft, overall C-/D+).

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"LIKELY" is probably not the right word. But the Cards could've traded back either way.

Fair point on your part. My initial comment was out of line. Either way the Cards just needed to trade back BEFORE the Boys to nab him. It was a reach for sure.. just like Carpenter was for the Hawks (graded that a B player, F position draft, overall C-/D+).

Deones the best SS in this draft... The hawks made the big physical safety chic again. They traded back once, there was an article that ne was interested and picked right after....i think it was a great pick. A bad ass d with a big bad ss, scary for us.

I dont love the rams picks, took two guys who shot up the board after the season ended, workout warriors??

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we didn't ... Pete and John did ... But I know what you mean.. So your not happy with the db you guys selected ?

Actually I like the guy we got....A LOT! I just thought he would probably be there in the 2nd when we picked. He's a ball-hawking playmaker and has been compared to ET in terms of his instincts, ability to cover CB, speed, etc. He was a CB for a couple of years at NIU before becoming one of the best safeties in NCAA, so that versatility is great. His speed (he ran a 4.47 with a stress fracture in his foot, just to show what's he's capable of at his pro day) and cover skills are exactly what we need as slot receivers have eaten our D alive in recent years.

Thinking about it more though, given what you guys got in return, I'm not sure I agree with what I posted immediately after the draft was over. The ability to control the 5th year option IMO may be more important then another 4th round pick when we already have more picks then we can actually keep.

Either way, trading back and accumulating picks in a DEEP draft is not a bad thing at all, especially is JS or PC didn't see value where they were slotted to pick.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deones the best SS in this draft... The hawks made the big physical safety chic again. They traded back once, there was an article that ne was interested and picked right after....i think it was a great pick. A bad ass d with a big bad ss, scary for us.

I dont love the rams picks, took two guys who shot up the board after the season ended, workout warriors??

Hey you're the Cougs fan, I'll go with your word - but still think he was taken early and while the player is a higher grade and makes sense, the selection place doesn't.

Not sure if your last sentence is in agreement or disagreement with me. I'm apparently one of the few that didn't like the Rams draft. And don't pull the "Cause you're a Hawks fan" crap. I was highly annoyed with last years selections by the Rams and gave them an A overall.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you're the Cougs fan, I'll go with your word - but still think he was taken early and while the player is a higher grade and makes sense, the selection place doesn't.

Not sure if your last sentence is in agreement or disagreement with me. I'm apparently one of the few that didn't like the Rams draft. And don't pull the "Cause you're a Hawks fan" crap. I was highly annoyed with last years selections by the Rams and gave them an A overall.

I agree with your rams point.

Rob rang ofs cbs sports final mock had deone going 21 overall. Either way were splitting hairs.

I hope for some big bad d linaeman with our pick.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I like the guy we got....A LOT! I just thought he would probably be there in the 2nd when we picked. He's a ball-hawking playmaker and has been compared to ET in terms of his instincts, ability to cover CB, speed, etc. He was a CB for a couple of years at NIU before becoming one of the best safeties in NCAA, so that versatility is great. His speed (he ran a 4.47 with a stress fracture in his foot, just to show what's he's capable of at his pro day) and cover skills are exactly what we need as slot receivers have eaten our D alive in recent years.

Thinking about it more though, given what you guys got in return, I'm not sure I agree with what I posted immediately after the draft was over. The ability to control the 5th year option IMO may be more important then another 4th round pick when we already have more picks then we can actually keep.

Either way, trading back and accumulating picks in a DEEP draft is not a bad thing at all, especially is JS or PC didn't see value where they were slotted to pick.

If ward becomes a quarter of the player et is, your getting a good guy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your rams point.

Rob rang ofs cbs sports final mock had deone going 21 overall. Either way were splitting hairs.

I hope for some big bad d linaeman with our pick.

Interesting. Well we'll see (regards to Deone). As stated numerous times, didn't think it was a bad pick, just thought it was bad where they took him. But if the Cards wanted him and think that's their guy, then you gotta pull the trigger.

I'll bet that 32 teams (yes Hawks included) would take Sherman who was a projected UFA in the 1st round if they could do it all over, so case in point.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are being absolutely stupid. "LET'S draft a project OT going against the best pass rushers in the league and then let's draft a DT when we're already stacked at D-Line with young players! Let's ignore the GLARING hole in the secondary that can allow us to get torched by any decent WR (like AHEM Percy Harvin)."

Then we have full out derp 9ers not moving up with their million draft picks to actually get a wep.

Division so far (pending Cards) is a freebie for Seattle based on this draft and FA. What a joke.

Your GM John Schneider disagrees with you.

Know Your Enemy: St. Louis Rams, 2014 NFL Draft Round 1

And here are some first round grades. It looks like these folks disagree with you too as the Rams pass with flying colors! :yahoo:

2014 NFL Draft: First-round quick-snap grades for all 32 teams - NFL.com

Also Sharkonabike, don't you think your story this morning is a bit different from your bold prediction last night of 'Robinsons will Bust'?

:noidea:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And here are some first round grades. It looks like these folks disagree with you too as the Rams pass with flying colors! :yahoo:

Also Sharkonabike, don't you think your story this morning is a bit different from your bold prediction last night of 'Robinsons will Bust'?

Please dont ever post first draft grades on this board.......

Russel wilsons pic of his draft class who was graded a F ,,,at superbowl they led the team to

https://www.google.com/#q=russel+wi...report-for-2012-draft-grade-photo%2F;1019;604

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will still stand by that. I believe Robinson will bust. He's Jason Smith 2.0 coming into a division with the best defenses in all of football. He'll be overwhelmed and his instincts are not as good as Matthews.

How is my story different?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will still stand by that. I believe Robinson will bust. He's Jason Smith 2.0 coming into a division with the best defenses in all of football. He'll be overwhelmed and his instincts are not as good as Matthews.

How is my story different?
I dont get the Jason Smith comparison at all. He's either the next Iupati or he is the next Willie Roaf. His run blocking skills are legitimate and fierce. Andre Smith is a better comparison than Jason Smith.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the Jason Smith comparison at all. He's either the next Iupati or he is the next Willie Roaf. His run blocking skills are legitimate and fierce. Andre Smith is a better comparison than Jason Smith.

True but his pass blocking is a mystery, they didnt pass at all at auburn.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he s iupati, you just took a guard at tthree overall........

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His (Robinson's) biggest knock is pass protection. That was Smith's as well. Smith was the most athletic tackle of the draft and had the same questions around him.

Whatever. It's not hating man. Trust me I was A and A+'ing the Rams last year on their selections. Ogeltree was a freaking steal and Austin was a great pick (he's just currently used incorrectly).

Had the Rams traded down and gone Lewan/Donald and nabbed the Bills 2015 1st rounder, I would give them an A+. You guys picked a player who was not that better of a prospect than other OTs on board. To blow the NUMBER TWO overall pick on that? C'mon.

Varnigus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deone Bucannon is a beast. He hits hard, really hard, and that is really bad news for our fragile starters at wr. In my opinion, the Cards hurt us more with this pick than they could have with anyone else.

The best and deepest division in the NFL is getting even better and deeper through this draft. It is going to be a heck of a fight for the division crown this season. Again.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you guys don't need run blocking. Did you forget what division you play in? You need pass blocking. Whatever, Robinson will bust - will be shocked if he does anything worthwhile in this league. He BARELY fits in the current scheme. Long and Barksdale did FINE. So you're basically using the #2 to draft a contingency plan for Long or replace something that is working fine in the first place.

Rams #2 selection was a joke. It's a D+ grade at best (not even counting the trade you didn't take, God the Rams could be drafting top 10 AGAIN next year). Your #13 on the other hand was an A. I feel a safety would've been better there, but D-Line is D-Line. Can never have enough pass rushers - if anything you trade for big picks.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP created this thread on your board, not I. I believe, after his remarks on our draft in the first round, I was not out of line to point to others out there who disagree with his take.

I love your QB Wilson and in previous posts have not only backed him, I said he would be the most improved QB in his Sophomore year in the off season. (Some of you may remember) Yes I rated him higher than Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Weeden, Foles and I threw in Kaep too for good measure since he was a 2nd year Starter last year.