• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is for Shark

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you are on record saying that you would rather have Robinson over Moses, kojo, Bitanio, and Filo. the 4th wr is an impact player over a starting RT?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you are on record saying that you would rather have Robinson over Moses, kojo, Bitanio, and Filo. the 4th wr is an impact player over a starting RT?

My opinion yes. Because its not like our 4th WR wont get on the field. And lets face it, RT is NOT going to all of a sudden make this offense unstoppable. And i think the RT at all costs mentality is short sighted. Now a 4th WR isnt going to make us unstoppable either. But I think the right guy has a bigger impact than a rookie RT pressed into starting based on perceived need.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion yes. Because its not like our 4th WR wont get on the field. And lets face it, RT is NOT going to all of a sudden make this offense unstoppable. And i think the RT at all costs mentality is short sighted. Now a 4th WR isnt going to make us unstoppable either. But I think the right guy has a bigger impact than a rookie RT pressed into starting based on perceived need.

Then don't bitch about Griffin when "Turnstile" is getting him blasted on passing downs this season!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So good bookend tackles don't mean anything? How could it be bad if you give RG3 more time to throw.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then don't bitch about Griffin when "Turnstile" is getting him blasted on passing downs this season!

When 3sus learns to read defenses, make quick decisions and not hold onto the ball too long, then he will be above reproach.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When 3sus learns to read defenses, make quick decisions and not hold onto the ball too long, then he will be above reproach.

Lol! Yeah, because he can't read defense, doesn't make quick decisions and ALWAYS holds the ball too long. Give me a break...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! Yeah, because he can't read defense, doesn't make quick decisions and ALWAYS holds the ball too long. Give me a break...

You defend him as if he were above reproach. Questioning or doubting him in any way makes one not a Redskins fan in your opinion apparently. So are you telling me he is capable of reading defenses consistently?? He generally makes quick decisions and doesnt have a tendency to hold onto the ball to long?? YOU are right, I got it all wrong. The real problem is that the O-line isnt capable of holding a block for nine seconds on a consistent basis. Thanks for correcting me on that.

As i have said all along, if RT is fact the best player available, then fine take him. But I think in desperation to deflect ALL blame from 3sus, many of you are making the line out to be much worse than it ever was.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went Reed last season because he was BPA. This is what happens when you take BPA...you get the best player. You don't go for need...we could have had:

Brennan Williams- The next OT taken and hasn't played a game.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You defend him as if he were above reproach. Questioning or doubting him in any way makes one not a Redskins fan in your opinion apparently. So are you telling me he is capable of reading defenses consistently?? He generally makes quick decisions and doesnt have a tendency to hold onto the ball to long?? YOU are right, I got it all wrong. The real problem is that the O-line isnt capable of holding a block for nine seconds on a consistent basis. Thanks for correcting me on that.

As i have said all along, if RT is fact the best player available, then fine take him. But I think in desperation to deflect ALL blame from 3sus, many of you are making the line out to be much worse than it ever was.

For the record, I'm not DEAN and have NEVER said RT @ #34. I want to possibly trade back for additional picks and take BPA. I have respected your opinions regarding Redskin football for years Shark, dating back to before you went back to school. The continued Griffin bashing has annoyed me only because you seem to put everything on him. Look, it wasn't his decision to give up the farm to get him, it was on the organization and guess what? He delivered in year 1 at record levels. Year 2, not so much and you know the story. Griffin is capable of reading defenses, (to the degree he was coached by Kyle), Griffin can make quick decisions, (not all the time), and yes, Griffin does hang on to the ball far too long at times, (just not all the time). I for one think he may go down as one of the greatest Redskins QB of all time once it is all said and done but we shall see. The maturation process takes time and since he suffered a severe knee injury, the process was/is delayed some what. I know your a Redskin fan Shark but you seem to have this greater expectation of Griffin more so than anyone player, coach or management personnel affiliated with the Skins. Can you at least put him on the same level of expectation as everyone else or is that not possible because of what the organization gave up to get him? :noidea:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went Reed last season because he was BPA. This is what happens when you take BPA...you get the best player. You don't go for need...we could have had:

Brennan Williams- The next OT taken and hasn't played a game.

They also went Cousins because he was BPA, and I'm glad we did.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa I don't want to get in the middle of this. lol. I have given other players names other than RT at 34.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I'm not DEAN and have NEVER said RT @ #34. I want to possibly trade back for additional picks and take BPA. I have respected your opinions regarding Redskin football for years Shark, dating back to before you went back to school. The continued Griffin bashing has annoyed me only because you seem to put everything on him. Look, it wasn't his decision to give up the farm to get him, it was on the organization and guess what? He delivered in year 1 at record levels. Year 2, not so much and you know the story. Griffin is capable of reading defenses, (to the degree he was coached by Kyle), Griffin can make quick decisions, (not all the time), and yes, Griffin does hang on to the ball far too long at times, (just not all the time). I for one think he may go down as one of the greatest Redskins QB of all time once it is all said and done but we shall see. The maturation process takes time and since he suffered a severe knee injury, the process was/is delayed some what. I know your a Redskin fan Shark but you seem to have this greater expectation of Griffin more so than anyone player, coach or management personnel affiliated with the Skins. Can you at least put him on the same level of expectation as everyone else or is that not possible because of what the organization gave up to get him? :noidea:

You hit it right on the head. We gave up what you would expect to give up for a franchise QB, not a franchise player. But a dead lock franchise QB who you expect to be the greatest QB ever (in the history of the franchise). So the whole lowering of expectations makes no sense and is basically back peddling after the fact now. And to be honest I was willing to give him every chance in the book even though I do think we over paid for him. I stopped thinking of lowering my expectations however when the mass defend RG3 campaign started. It detests me that Skins fans are starting to sound like Cowboys fans defending Romo with the its never even remotely his fault mantras. If he is a franchise QB, I think he should be held to the same standards as other franchise QBs at minimum. Not the whole lower expectations because we dont have the talent around him. By trading what we did we basically said his talent could make up for the guys we were not able to get in his stead.

Now as for the RT thing, I have said repeatedly Im fine if we take and RT because he is really the BPA. Im not fine if we are taking a RT in some attempt to protect RG3 and there is a more talented player on the board that isnt a RT. To me its about whats going to benifit the TEAM as a whole long term, and not just whats going to be best for the QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit it right on the head. We gave up what you would expect to give up for a franchise QB, not a franchise player. But a dead lock franchise QB who you expect to be the greatest QB ever (in the history of the franchise). So the whole lowering of expectations makes no sense and is basically back peddling after the fact now. And to be honest I was willing to give him every chance in the book even though I do think we over paid for him. I stopped thinking of lowering my expectations however when the mass defend RG3 campaign started. It detests me that Skins fans are starting to sound like Cowboys fans defending Romo with the its never even remotely his fault mantras. If he is a franchise QB, I think he should be held to the same standards as other franchise QBs at minimum. Not the whole lower expectations because we dont have the talent around him. By trading what we did we basically said his talent could make up for the guys we were not able to get in his stead.

Now as for the RT thing, I have said repeatedly Im fine if we take and RT because he is really the BPA. Im not fine if we are taking a RT in some attempt to protect RG3 and there is a more talented player on the board that isnt a RT. To me its about whats going to benifit the TEAM as a whole long term, and not just whats going to be best for the QB.

I'm not back pedaling, but the expectations were too high too soon. Once he has a season under the new regime injury free under his belt, my expectations will soar for Griffin. I expect him to lead by example and let his play do the talking. As for #34, BPA! I'm hoping for upgrades for Chester & Polumbust however...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not back pedaling, but the expectations were too high too soon. Once he has a season under the new regime injury free under his belt, my expectations will soar for Griffin. I expect him to lead by example and let his play do the talking. As for #34, BPA! I'm hoping for upgrades for Chester & Polumbust however...

Then you are not really hoping for the BPA, you are hoping the BPA is an o-lineman. get past the knee jerk reaction and realize that an O-line that has produced top ten in rushing the past two seasons is not nearly as bad as people want to make it out to be. Hell even Keim admits that while the team might want to upgrade at RT, its rather silly to just go all in on O-line if there is better talent available at #34. He also points out that Polumbus was NOT the problem on our o-line last year. I think its over reaction and being over defensive of Griffin. As i said, IF RT is the best player on the board at 34, take him. But Im not sold that that will be the case.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one saw the J. Reed pick coming last year b/c no one knew the status of Fred Davis. The team knew that he was still hurt and his a head case. So naturally they upgraded the position. At the time everyone thought F. Davis had his head on straight and was 100% healthy. He didn't, hence the pick of a TE.

I wouldn't say a few vocal posters jy19. Most Redskins fans want the oline upgraded. Most fans do not have confidence in Chester, Litch, Ribeye, and Polo. To prove my point check out hoghaven.com and search there polls.

Dean, read what I wrote. I said most want the OL upgraded, just not to reach for a player that fails to do it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans will reach b/c they want OL help so badly. Again, none of the guys that I mentioned are reaches. Why do you guys keep saying this. Moses, Kojo, Bitano, and Filo are not reaches.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I also think that there is a possibility that we may have our upgrade currently on the roster with some of our 3rd year young guys. I'd really like to see what we have there before reaching for another prospect out of desperation"

lol who are these upgrades?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
polo and Compton are upgrades?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans will reach b/c they want OL help so badly. Again, none of the guys that I mentioned are reaches. Why do you guys keep saying this. Moses, Kojo, Bitano, and Filo are not reaches.

If there is better talent available that happens to not be a RT and you take one of these guys, it most certainly is a reach. It means you drafted for position over talent which is ALWAYS a reach.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why most fans would make terrible GMs.