• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is for Shark

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean.. how do we know any of these guys wont be a bust?? You think Dallas though Claiborne was going to flame out as he has done such far. If every draft pick was a lock, Tim Tebow would still be playing in the NFL. Again I think you are looking for good reasons not to take this kid IF he slides to us. Where as i have said Im fine with OT if they are truely the PBA, but if a guy like Benjamin is there at 34, in my opinion Moses is no longer the BPA.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benjamin is probably gone but you still want Robinson over Moses, kojo, Bitanio, and Filo. Tough pill to swallow if you ask me.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benjamin is probably gone but you still want Robinson over Moses, kojo, Bitanio, and Filo. Tough pill to swallow if you ask me.

Robinson would be a slightly harder sell. But over all IM not as down on our O-line as you apparently. IM not set to force the line pick just because. And IM not ready to give up on our young secondary players just yet either. I do think if we go into the season with all short WR's, we will again struggle in the redzone.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please tell me that in 2012 the reason why RG3 and the running game was great is b/c of RG3 and the read option. Not the oline.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please tell me that in 2012 the reason why RG3 and the running game was great is b/c of RG3 and the read option. Not the oline.

Actually its got to be some where in the middle. Because if it was all RG3, you would think the ground game would have sucked last year. But actually it didnt. So your logic in this one only slightly passes the smell test. We rushed for 600 yards less in total last year than in 2012, but we also had 50 some odd less rushing attempts. So no RG3 didnt magically make our run blocking better.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh cmon. when Rg3 is running the oline is better.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine film had a lot to do with it, and an attempt to limit QB rushing.
But anyway, while I'm cool with landing Hageman or Tuitt, Benjamen and Moses are exactly the same thing.
Obviously I'd prefer something other than WR. But these two prospects both have the potential to either fill a position for years...for a great price or be disappointments. Either way, they both may not see the field much as rookies depending on performance. At this point, due to weight and questionable behavior Moses has surpassed Benjamen on several big board rankings(professional, not random)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh cmon. when Rg3 is running the oline is better.

Never said they erent.

BUt without him runing they arent the horrid mess you would paint them to be.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. I just think most Redskins fans want immediate o line help. If Kojo passes his physical he is a 1st round talent. I think we have enough weapons to be successful at winning a division title. If we were to draft an offensive player it should be oline to help RG3 find these weapons. Moses, Kojo, and Bitano all make sense at 34.:agree::agree::agree:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans would have had us take an o-line player over J. Reed last year. Shows how smart group mentality is when it comes to the draft.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans would have had us take an o-line player over J. Reed last year. Shows how smart group mentality is when it comes to the draft.

Shark, I think you let a few vocal posters on this board skew your opinion of the entire fan base. While I think most fans would like to see us upgrade our OL, most fans do not want to see us reach for an OL prospect in a risky attempt to archive that upgrade. It's my opinion that many quality offensive linemen come in rounds 3-6, so there is no reason to reach. I also think that there is a possibility that we may have our upgrade currently on the roster with some of our 3rd year young guys. I'd really like to see what we have there before reaching for another prospect out of desperation.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't matter since none of us are making the picks. This is why I pretty much stay out of these discussions. I leave the decisions for those who get paid to make them. A lot of these pre-draft discussions appear laughable when you review them next year and beyond (regardless of whether is on this forum or by so-called experts). It is all pretty much stuff to fill air time & add to msg board content. I would not worry about how others think.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last season i had us taking amerson , thomas and rambo , so that is like 1/2 our draft . i wasnt the only one who did that either so most people on here are pretty good at predicting

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last season i had us taking amerson , thomas and rambo , so that is like 1/2 our draft . i wasnt the only one who did that either so most people on here are pretty good at predicting

I had all three of those as well. But we both know that last season when we took Reed, there were many fans screaming why did we take a TE when there was still O-lineman on the board. Same thing happened two years ago when we drafted Cousins over an O-lineman (though I forget the particular O-lineman we passed on now). Fact is, no matter who we pick, there will be some fans that think it was a mistake.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one saw the J. Reed pick coming last year b/c no one knew the status of Fred Davis. The team knew that he was still hurt and his a head case. So naturally they upgraded the position. At the time everyone thought F. Davis had his head on straight and was 100% healthy. He didn't, hence the pick of a TE.

I wouldn't say a few vocal posters jy19. Most Redskins fans want the oline upgraded. Most fans do not have confidence in Chester, Litch, Ribeye, and Polo. To prove my point check out hoghaven.com and search there polls.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one saw the J. Reed pick coming last year b/c no one knew the status of Fred Davis. The team knew that he was still hurt and his a head case. So naturally they upgraded the position. At the time everyone thought F. Davis had his head on straight and was 100% healthy. He didn't, hence the pick of a TE.

I wouldn't say a few vocal posters jy19. Most Redskins fans want the oline upgraded. Most fans do not have confidence in Chester, Litch, Ribeye, and Polo. To prove my point check out hoghaven.com and search there polls.

These the same fans that didnt want Hall back in any capacity last year?? And I simply point out that some fans would have had us pass on Reed because O-line was considered a more pressing need. When you pick based more on need than actual talent, you are destined to over evaluate and generally make more mistakes in doing so.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are getting off base here Shark. Already proved you wrong that there is good OL talent at pick 34.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These the same fans that didnt want Hall back in any capacity last year?? And I simply point out that some fans would have had us pass on Reed because O-line was considered a more pressing need. When you pick based more on need than actual talent, you are destined to over evaluate and generally make more mistakes in doing so.

i was one in didnt want him back at his salary . as for reed it was a head scratcher at the time but i said it could work out for us and it partially did .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed made sense b/c Davis was a head case who was hurt. But no one knew this at this time last year. So obviously people were mad when we picked a TE.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are getting off base here Shark. Already proved you wrong that there is good OL talent at pick 34.

Dude.. when did I say there would be no good O-line talent available at 34?? That has never been my argument. What I have said is that there is the potential to be a better impact player at another position and if so, its rather myopic to take an OT because you feel its a bigger need. If we get to 34, and OT is the best thing on the board.. fine have at it. But if we get to 34 and there is a player that will have a bigger impact than forcing an OT pick, I would pass on the OT.