• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thinking about getting a Tacoma...

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this thread is minimized, the header says "Thinking about getting a Taco". Mmm... a taco does sound good.

I finally bought it. 2011 Chevy Silverado, silver, 4x4, 24K miles, for $24,000. I said no to the Dupont paint and undercarriage sealant, the clear coat polish whatever, the lifetime guaranteed seat spray-on Teflon coating bullshit, the 75K mile pre paid maintenance plans, all that horse shit. Sorry Ford guys, nothing personal, but the Chevy selection was much greater. I test drove a few Rams, and I liked them just fine, but the dealerships kept getting mad when I went over the railroad tracks and half the truck's weight in rust fell off. Sorry guys :noidea:

NEVER use the crap that the dealerships sell you. If you are in Michigan take yourself to Zeibart and use theirs. Everything they apply is guaranteed for the life of the vehicle, transferable if you sell the truck, and works VERY WELL. The fabric protectant is awesome. I have this done to every vehicle I own. In my brand new truck that we got in January my kid got sick on the way to a doctor appointment. The wife took him home and used nothing but a paper towel to wipe up ALL of the puke on the floor. They usually have a special where you can get the undercoat, diamond gloss(Paint), rust proofing in panels, and fabric protectant for around $850. Then you just have a yearly inspection on the rust proofing and diamond gloss which is 80 bucks per year. Makes the truck look brand new and you NEVER have to wax the vehicle.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last toyota truck I owned..... one day I pulled up to the beach to go kite surfing and there was probably 30 to 40 mph winds... I opened the door and the wind grabbed it and ripped it off the truck. I literally drove home without a front door (well, actually it was in the back of the truck). I fixed it and traded it in for Dodge Dakota and never looked back. The Dak is solid.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought a Tacoma was just a Rav4 with a pickup bed.

:L it's a 4Runner with a pick up bed...

533-Tacoma.jpg

toyota-4-runner-1998-yakima-landing-pad-7-yakima-control-towers-yakima-48-inch-cross-bars-yakima-4-pack-sks-lock-cores.jpg