• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things this team needs to do this offseason

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Fire the coaching staff, and go out and hire a real, proven head coach. No more reaching on guys like Chilly and then hoping leftovers like Frazier will somehow be more successful. Frazier has actually been less successful than Chilly was overall. They need to quit pissing around and go out and convince a guy like Cowher to come coach for them. I know the Vikings probably wouldn't be the first choice of a guy like Cowher, but money and showing them a willingness to do what it takes to give them good personnel would go a long way. The chances that they try bringing in a big name are slim, and they'll probably either keep Frazier or try to bring in another cheap coach.

2) Resign Everson Griffen, Toby Gerhart. Highly doubt they'll bring Gerhart back, but they should definitely try to.

3) Let Jared Allen and Kevin Williams walk, unless either or is willing to sign a very reasonable contract. I think Williams wants out anyway, and I doubt they bring Allen back either. Let Chris Cook walk - I'm tired of watching him get burned constantly when he's been hyped up to be much better than he is for years. He's also always hurt.

4) Focus on getting a QB in the draft, but no panic moves like drafting Ponder back in 2011 if the guy they want isn't there are their pick. Have a guy in mind for lower in the draft if they can't get a high pick they like. Also focus on the O-line and defense.