• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

They must attempt to salvage season before trading.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive disconnect between players and coaches. During his presser today, Caldwell continued to stress that in his opinion, the problem is the players not executing, not Lombardi or his calls.

Raging dumpster fire.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell must not have a good angle from the sidelines.

Or Joe is his secret Son In Law?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell must not have a good angle from the sidelines.

Or Joe is his secret Son In Law?

Honest answer: "let' us coach club members milk this together for as long as we can by blaming the players." - Caldwell

Which is also a nice way of blaming Mayhew I think. Which I agree with.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't this about the time of the season that Millen was fired? It's time. Get the new GM, and let him make the moves. Not the moron who got the Lions in this situation in the first place.
I think we were 0-8 the first time MM got fired.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suddenly, one year removed from a playoff bid and a 0-5 record this year, everyone suggests that the Lions should move on from Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson. While it may be a decent move, it’s still something that needs a lot of time to think about.

I get the impression that the Lions won’t make that type of move and take the rest of the season to think over it. Five games in is not enough. What we don’t know is who will end up in Detroit as far as coaches and GMs. Considering that, there’s some value in keeping these players around.

They’ll remain “tradeable” during the off-season. That gives owners and coaches time to sort things out and a good look at who could be available in the draft and FA. I’d think that would be the best route. But should the Lions trade someone right away, it does nothing to save the season at all.

That would indicate that the Lions (Mayhew) gave up on the plan just less than a season and a half. While he would look better in the eyes of the angry fans, he would also look bad within the organization and possibly damage his resume. Stafford is Mayhew’s guy and Stafford should only go if Mayhew goes. If Mayhew stays, a power play for a coach needs to be made assuming Caldwell is out by season’s end.

Caldwell is still 11-11 with a opportunity to still come out with a winning record.

Perhaps Staff or CJ are traded this year:

Both of these guys are my favorite players in the NFL and if they end up moving on, I will continue to follow them and root for them. I like Philly and Denver for Stafford and N.E and Carolina for Calvin.

A man of reason...idt Johnson's contract is tradeable (the Dolphins are in cap hell) anyway, but I would have to get a LOT to move Stafford....more than what most teams would consider. I don't think anyone felt CJ would play out his entire deal, but releasing him now is a little too early imo.

The coaching staff and GM need to go and let the new regime figure out what pieces work and which ones don't for what they want to do.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Martha would hurry up and call me. The sooner I can get to work on this, the better off the Lions will be.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a huge week in determining what direction things go. A loss at home to the Bears to go 0-6, and things may start to happen. A win Sunday, and I don't think anything happens. They'll think there's still time to right the ship after a very difficult 5-games schedule to start the season.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin's defense has gotten lit up by good offenses this season. Does he get a pass?

Austin's D is the only reason we have had ANY chance of winning a game this season. That while also losing 2 All-Pro talents? I got no issue with Austin.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin's D is the only reason we have had ANY chance of winning a game this season. That while also losing 2 All-Pro talents? I got no issue with Austin.

Me either. I remember saying before the season started that if Austin could keep this defense middle of the road, it would be a hell of a job. That was with Levy.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what Fogs middle name is, but I think he's eyeing the job.

He's eyeing something....

I don't have an 'M' anywhere in my name. And the timing is perfect. I could clear the bar that's been set in street shoes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Earning" the gig that is. Not clearing the bar. You got that, easy.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be harder than Andy Dufrain crawling his way to freedom though.

True. But Andy could have pulled it off a couple of times since the Lions last won a championship.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive disconnect between players and coaches. During his presser today, Caldwell continued to stress that in his opinion, the problem is the players not executing, not Lombardi or his calls.

Raging dumpster fire.

I just happen to agree with the lack of execution.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me either, really. But I do see everyone calling for him to be our next coach, which I don't quite get.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what Fogs middle name is, but I think he's eyeing the job.

He's eyeing something....

Wasn't Fog the one who was going to take one for the team and start pounding Martha's leather snatch for a chance to GM the Lions and bring us back to relevance? He might have to bang Goddel's leather butthole as well to keep the zebra's off the Lions back too.