• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL These 15 or the other 115?

Does any team outside these 15 have a shot to win the CFP? If so, who?

• Yes

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as has been mentioned, it's not even 15. it's probably less than 10

over the past 14 seasons, only 7 teams have won it

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you can make it in, you have a chance, right? I mean if you qualify for a CFP, there's usually a recruiting bump in the subsequent cycles. Washington and Oregon experienced it, no?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you can make it in, you have a chance, right? I mean if you qualify for a CFP, there's usually a recruiting bump in the subsequent cycles. Washington and Oregon experienced it, no?
Washington lost the only thing that made their program worth while. They are about to plummet. Last year was just the beginning.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington lost the only thing that made their program worth while. They are about to plummet. Last year was just the beginning.
It's on the program to continue to momentum but they still experienced a bump right? They may have goofed it, but they still got it.

Clemson has been getting recruiting bumps as they continue to make the CFP (winning two). They haven't lost momentum

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, only Oregon and Michigan State have crashed the CFP elite party. Neither won a natty. But, that's a whole lot better than nine of them that ARE on that list. In fact, Oregon pounded one of them on that list in that team's only CFP game.
as much as i hate to point it out Washington did make the playoff so better than 8
also Oregon at least also made the championship game which is better than Oklahoma did

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i hate to point it out Washington did make the playoff so better than 8
also Oregon at least also made the championship game which is better than Oklahoma did
Yeah and they both got recruiting bumps right? Oklahoma hasn't won a CFP game, but just getting there still is paying off recruiting wise (even tho they really don't need too much help as a blueblood).

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn't. They beat FSU, not Florida. But there's about six teams I would drop from that list as likely title winners, and two or three I would replace them with.
You are right. I stand corrected.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team has the best QB? Clemson.
Ohio State has Justin Fields.

I will predict the Championship is between Ohio State and Clemson in June of 2020 based on who the QBs are and their recruiting of blue chips.

Texas has Sam Ehlinger. Record of 20 wins and 13 losses as the starter for Texas. Has he beaten Oklahoma? His record is subject to correction by the vigilant Texas posters.
No idea who the other QBs are on the other teams. I think Washington and Georgia get new starters.

LSU, not exactly known for developing QBs, can they work another miracle? Doubtful.

Oklahoma has Spencer Rattler, wins the best name award, but he has HUGE shoes to fill.

Alabama Mac Jones, Who?

Penn State Sean Clifford, Who?

Michigan Dylan McCaffrey, excellent pedigree, nope.

I think USC has some supposed hot shot QB that led them to 7 wins.

The answer to the OP question, is yes, that is it. No other teams have a chance.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i hate to point it out Washington did make the playoff so better than 8also Oregon at least also made the championship game which is better than Oklahoma did
I stand corrected again.

If I were on the golf course today I'd be whiffing a few!

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Alabama and the rest

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Alabama and the rest
tenor.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise St. - smilesid

Oh and Where's Oregon? :heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team has the best QB? Clemson.
Ohio State has Justin Fields.

I will predict the Championship is between Ohio State and Clemson in June of 2020 based on who the QBs are and their recruiting of blue chips.

Texas has Sam Ehlinger. Record of 20 wins and 13 losses as the starter for Texas. Has he beaten Oklahoma? His record is subject to correction by the vigilant Texas posters.
No idea who the other QBs are on the other teams. I think Washington and Georgia get new starters.

LSU, not exactly known for developing QBs, can they work another miracle? Doubtful.

Oklahoma has Spencer Rattler, wins the best name award, but he has HUGE shoes to fill.

Alabama Mac Jones, Who?

Penn State Sean Clifford, Who?

Michigan Dylan McCaffrey, excellent pedigree, nope.

I think USC has some supposed hot shot QB that led them to 7 wins.

The answer to the OP question, is yes, that is it. No other teams have a chance.

Speaking of Dylan McCaffrey there are many fake meeeechegan fans around where I live because that kid played his HS football somewhere in Denver. All this temporary wolvereeeen fandom makes me sick.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise St. - smilesid

Oh and Where's Oregon? :heh:

It's looking at the last 4 classes. Oregon would have qualified with the last 2, and barring decommits will qualify for this year.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's funny is NOBODY would have lumped LSU with that group a year ago. Now they belong? There will be another surprise team to jump into that group.

Why? It's not like LSU hasn't been knocking on the door, if they didn't have to play in our division, last year would not have been their first CFP. I would include LSU before I would include Texas, or Texas A&M or Florida or Auburn or USC or Washington, or Meatchicken or Penn State. Their last two classes were #5 and #4. Sure, they lost a lot, but the cupboard isn't bare. Those others have hardly proved they can make it to a CFP, let alone win one.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? It's not like LSU hasn't been knocking on the door, if they didn't have to play in our division, last year would not have been their first CFP. I would include LSU before I would include Texas, or Texas A&M or Florida or Auburn or USC or Washington, or Meatchicken or Penn State. Their last two classes were #5 and #4. Sure, they lost a lot, but the cupboard isn't bare. Those others have hardly proved they can make it to a CFP, let alone win one.
Stop it, prior to the 2019 season, people were still making fun of the Ogre and his failed OCs. Which season did they even come close since..2011? This stuff comes in cycles and some other team can come out of nowhere and make the CFP that didn't make that list.

BTW I think FL is pretty close to doing something similar if Mullen can get the QB and offense right. They are solid enough on defense to make a run