• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There is only ONE difference between Elway and Tebow...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never claimed you changed your position. In fact, I've said the exact opposite. You NEVER change your position even in the face of overwhelming evidence that you're wrong. You just twist some stupid, irrelevant part of what has been said into some way for you to claim victory. It's pathological.

Tim Tebow could play in the NFL today. How is that wrong?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway was given an opportunity to improve.

In 1983, Elway started 10 games as a rookie. He was awful.

Elway finished 4-6 as a starter that year. He threw seven touchdowns, 14 interceptions and completed just 47.5 percent of his passes. Elway also had one game-winning drive during that span, something he'd become known for during his career.

When you compare the two player's stats, there really is no comparison.

In 10 starts, Tebow has 14 touchdown passes, six rushing touchdowns and four interceptions. And perhaps the most intriguing stat considering how much he's been scrutinized about his passing, Tebow has a higher completion percentage at 48 percent.

No, Tebow is just a little entitled bitch. This piece of shit COMPLETELY shredded his opportunity to play in the NFL. How can anyone have respect for a piece of shit who stares opportunity in the face and gives it the bird because you're too fucking spoiled and proud to change positions.

And it makes no sense. This CLOWN wouldn't switch positions but he'll switch sports? What kind of backwards shit is that?

This guy just need to go away because he's clearly got nothing good to give the sports world.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but that in no way says he's an NFL QB.

Neither is Dan Orlovsky yet he remains a Lion annually. I'd rather have Tebow. Maybe the issue is Tebow is unhappy in a back up role, and would rather ask to be cut when he doesn't win the starting job. Who knows.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see that's the thing, logic defeats you.

You don't have to say "I don't like Tom Brady"... But if you say "I don't like pocket QB's" and I have proof Tom Brady is a pocket QB you are stuck. Because either you are just spouting shit out of your ass based on the jersey on the guys back, or you don't like Brady. That's where trolls always fail, and you fell directly into that.

You got stuck there earlier, and have spent 2 pages now trying to push that off and pretend it didn't happen. Digging into the weeds on meaningless shit.

Did you even pass 8th grade English? Wholly fk.

My position is,

Tebow could play in the NFL

Some teams don't need a QB, or at least feel that way.

Some teams, more than not I believe, don't want the media circus that comes with him from networks like ESPN.

I haven't change my position on any of those, even though you tried applying positions I didn't take, for example the Elway v Tebow argument.

Is that simple enough for you?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither is Dan Orlovsky yet he remains a Lion annually. I'd rather have Tebow. Maybe the issue is Tebow is unhappy in a back up role, and would rather ask to be cut when he doesn't win the starting job. Who knows.

I have often thought that might be the case as well, and probably should have listed that too.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is he is weak minded.

There's another difference from Elway.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not religious, but I really don't get why so many seem to dislike Tebow (I always assumed it was the praying thing). He seems like a good human being.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is he is weak minded.

There's another difference from Elway.

I think he's definitely a strong minded individual. Just possibly not content with anything other than what he believes is a legit opportunity at a starting job.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not religious, but I really don't get why so many seem to dislike Tebow (I always assumed it was the praying thing). He seems like a good human being.

Very few people actually hate the man, he's a very like able guy. Having an understanding of why he's no longer on a roster just gets painted in to a hate thing by a few of his more obnoxious supporters. Apparently he's supposed to have unlimited opportunities because he's a good guy.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My position is,

Tebow could play in the NFL

And by NFL you mean for a team in the NFL right? I mean that's just obvious. You aren't saying he could play the national anthem in the NFL as league employee right?

Imagine how stupid it would be if when someone mentioned Tebow not finding work in the NFL in that context, someone else took that and using their reading comprehension decided that person was talking about Tebow looking for a league office job or officiating job. That guy would have to be fucking dumber than a box of rocks right? It's just SO OBVIOUS.

I referred to teams, not the NFL. You want to apply it that way, though I never took that position.

Damn guess we found our resident box of rocks.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think many actually dislike Tebow. To your point, he seems like a legitimately decent human being. I think people just get tired of the insistence by some that he's out of football because of his religious beliefs rather than his inability to play QB at an NFL level and his refusal to switch positions.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very few people actually hate the man, he's a very like able guy. Having an understanding of why he's no longer on a roster just gets painted in to a hate thing by a few of his more obnoxious supporters. Apparently he's supposed to have unlimited opportunities because he's a good guy.
I disagree. As a Denver fan I encountered many people that literally hated him as a person. Nothing to do with his abilities. His QB "talents" just don't translate consistently to today's NFL.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong minded people accept their disposition in life and fight through it instead of searching every nook and cranny for a shortcut.

Ya I don't see him looking for short cuts. If anything, anyone else would have given up a long time ago.

And remember,were discussing a possibility here, not a fact. There's no proof he'd rather be cut than be a back up. Just a theory.

But his college career is all the proof he's a strong minded player.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many actually dislike Tebow. To your point, he seems like a legitimately decent human being. I think people just get tired of the insistence by some that he's out of football because of his religious beliefs rather than his inability to play QB at an NFL level and his refusal to switch positions.
I noticed the dislike and hate while he was a still a starting QB in the NFL. Many seemed to hate/dislike him praying or "Tebowing" and of course, the cameras were always on him to document it all.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by NFL you mean for a team in the NFL right? I mean that's just obvious. You aren't saying he could play the national anthem in the NFL as league employee right?

Imagine how stupid it would be if when someone mentioned Tebow not finding work in the NFL in that context, someone else took that and using their reading comprehension decided that person was talking about Tebow looking for a league office job or officiating job. That guy would have to be fucking dumber than a box of rocks right? It's just SO OBVIOUS.

Damn guess we found our resident box of rocks.

Your inability to distingquish the difference between individual teams and the NFL as a whole is your issue, and failure, not mine.

The difference is made because his not finding work isn't necessarily because 32 teams want to make sure he doesn't, they all have their own reasons, however I believe there are a large number of them that don't want to give him a look because of the circus that it would come wiht.

You seem to want the argument to be all 32 or none, which is idiotic.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet he is better than many that are currently playing. It's not like it's some secret that the QB position in the NFL is a dumpster fire of a position.