• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There is only ONE difference between Elway and Tebow...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your inability to distingquish the difference between individual teams and the NFL as a whole is your issue, and failure, not mine.

The difference is made because his not finding work isn't necessarily because 32 teams want to make sure he doesn't, they all have their own reasons, however I believe there are a large number of them that don't want to give him a look because of the circus that it would come wiht.

You seem to want the argument to be all 32 or none, which is idiotic.

No stop, please just stop. You are making your comprehension drop to sub-human standards the more you fight about this.

Yes, I agree, when you say Tebow can play in the NFL OBVIOUSLY we are talking about individual teams and not all 32 teams. I don't think when you use the NFL in that context it means he has to be able to make all 32 rosters. You don't have to say "for an NFL team"... Which is why you didn't.

So just stop. The more you defend this, the more idiotic it makes your comprehension look on your earlier statements. You are just trying to dig your way out of a hole now.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't see him looking for short cuts. If anything, anyone else would have given up a long time ago.

And remember,were discussing a possibility here, not a fact. There's no proof he'd rather be cut than be a back up. Just a theory.

But his college career is all the proof he's a strong minded player.
You realize multiple teams reched out to him in hopes of converting him to a TE or hybrid and he turned them down because he is not capable of facing adversity???

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize multiple teams reched out to him in hopes of converting him to a TE or hybrid and he turned them down because he is not capable of facing adversity???

nope. NFL teams were all worried that he was a Christian and he was blackballed, those team personnel who made those calls were wrong. Don't dig NEPatsfan any deeper in his hole than he's already found himself.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No stop, please just stop. You are making your comprehension drop to sub-human standards the more you fight about this.

Yes, I agree, when you say Tebow can play in the NFL OBVIOUSLY we are talking about individual teams and not all 32 teams. I don't think when you use the NFL in that context it means he has to be able to make all 32 rosters. You don't have to say "for an NFL team"... Which is why you didn't.

So just stop. The more you defend this, the more idiotic it makes your comprehension look on your earlier statements. You are just trying to dig your way out of a hole now.

Would have been so much easier if you would have just manned up earlier on when it was pointed out you were applying positions to me I had not taken. Now you're just digging.:thumb:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. NFL teams were all worried that he was a Christian and he was blackballed, those team personnel who made those calls were wrong. Don't dig NEPatsfan any deeper in his hole than he's already found himself.

Still applying positions I have not taken to me I see.

Where did I say that?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also turned down the CFL and climbing his way up in the minors. Little entitled Tebow just can't handle having to earn his role like everyone else. He's just an entitled little bitch that thinks he deserves roles handed to him.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.si.c...change-refusal?amp=1?client=ms-android-att-us

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/88531198/?client=ms-android-att-us

Tim Tebow Has Turned Down Offers To Play Other Positions, And From CFL Teams

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still applying positions I have not taken to me I see.

Where did I say that?

post 34..

This is fun. I am not even debating. Just mediating NEpatsfan arguing against NEpatsfan now that he's twisted his words around so much he's literally debating himself in front of our eyes.

So Nepatsfan. Why was NEpatsfan's idiotic post so completely off base in his statement that " no team wants the media crap that networks like ESPN insist on putting upon on him, mostly because he is an outspoken Christian."

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed the dislike and hate while he was a still a starting QB in the NFL. Many seemed to hate/dislike him praying or "Tebowing" and of course, the cameras were always on him to document it all.

I'm sure there are people who dislike him for a number of reasons. Some probably hate him because of his success in college, particularly if they were fans of teams he beat. And yes, some probably hate him for his religious beliefs or at least the attention they garner. I just don't buy that as a reason he's not on an NFL roster.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this whole thing is sad and pathetic on it's face, I think the biggest problem for Tebow had little to do with what most people are discussing. The biggest problem I saw with him was the overwhelming hype and constant media coverage surrounding him. Yes, it's part of the modern world of sports and yes, he actually had a few good moments but it made people think he was destined to be some HOF'er when he was just a solid back-up. Do I think he could maybe be a servicable back-up QB? Maybe, yeah, in the right situation.
I don't buy into this great conspiracy though. I think most teams don't want to have a back-up QB on the roster that the media makes the center of attention. The constant questions of "when will he play?" and what-not are just too much bullshit for coaches and GM's to swallow on a weekly basis. I think the media, all the nut hugger Timmy fanboys and all the haters alike have to just put this idiocy to rest already.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post 34..

This is fun. I am not even debating. Just mediating NEpatsfan arguing against NEpatsfan.

So Nepatsfan. Why was NEpatsfan's post so completely off base in his statement that " no team wants the media crap that networks like ESPN insist on putting upon on him, mostly because he is an outspoken Christian."

Why not post the whole quote?

I don't think it's so much as a conspiracy as no team wants the media crap that networks like ESPN insist on putting upon on him, mostly because he is an outspoken Christian.

And?

Get back to me after you pass the remedial comp course.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there are people who dislike him for a number of reasons. Some probably hate him because of his success in college, particularly if they were fans of teams he beat. And yes, some probably hate him for his religious beliefs or at least the attention they garner. I just don't buy that as a reason he's not on an NFL roster.

I agree. He did bring a circus atmosphere with him and the media of course fed much of that. All things being equal, lets say he could be similar to a few 3rd stringers out there, the added distraction of Tebow and all that comes with it probably wasn't worth it to teams to keep him around.

Also, he kinda sucks at throwing the football accurately and struggled to read defenses.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not post the whole quote?

I don't think it's so much as a conspiracy as no team wants the media crap that networks like ESPN insist on putting upon on him, mostly because he is an outspoken Christian.

And?

Get back to me after you pass the remedial comp course.

So NE patsfan. NEpatsfan has just pulled up hiw quote that he doesn't think any team wants the media crap mostly because he's an outspoken Christian. But NEpatsfan you are arguing that in fact, according to the post above that makes 8 teams that have tried sign Tebow or did sign tebow, a full 25% of the league, more than any other QB with a QBR of 29 or less in back to back seasons in NFL history.

How do you respond to those idiotic accusations by NEpatsfan to you?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Rockinkuwait

Remember when you first chimed in on this thread to me?

Me
"I don't think it's so much as a conspiracy as no team wants the media crap that networks like ESPN insist on putting upon on him, mostly because he is an outspoken Christian."

You
Really? Professional sports doesn't want a media presence covering them for positive reasons? So Baseball was all for his solid junior season in high school a decade ago. The team that took him just decided "well we are getting a stud, I guess we will have to put up with that negative that is his media presence"....

If you don't want the media circus you don't sign him to your team. It's that simple. And 3 different teams did that after Denver. And on those three teams he lost every QB competition he tried for.

He's my favorite collegiate athlete ever. But don't compare him to Elway as an NFL QB. The same year Elway was taking his team to the Superbowl as a pro-bowl caliber QB, Tebow was struggling to complete 33% of his passes in a pre-season game and missing wide open receivers and losing badly to Ryan fucking Mallett.

Look at how QB's play as backups in pre-season. They tear it up. Tarvaris Jackson walks out of pre-seasons with QB ratings over 130. Tebow in back to back pre-seasons was arguably the worst QB to set foot on the field.

That's why he didn't get a job. He couldn't beat out the 3rd string guys.

No coach is going to say "well you led a team in the worst division in the league to an 8 win season and completed 40% of your passes in the playoffs, so damnit, I don't care that you are just so much worse than the other QB's on my team, I am going to stake my career on you, rebuild the offense to some fucking high school gimmick shit, and see what happens". Seriously, the Patriots. The team that can make a guy who hadn't started a game since high-school look like a franchise QB, couldn't make Tebow look like a training camp body QB.

And I have no problem saying this while saying he's my favorite. It's a different game. You can't win in the NFL when your QB's best skill is running like a fullback.

First bold is exactly what I was getting at. Second bold was you applying positions to me that I had not taken. Ever since you have tried to deflect/strawman/etc to cover the fact you fd up.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Rockinkuwait

Remember when you first chimed in on this thread to me?

Me
"I don't think it's so much as a conspiracy as no team wants the media crap that networks like ESPN insist on putting upon on him, mostly because he is an outspoken Christian."

You
Really? Professional sports doesn't want a media presence covering them for positive reasons? So Baseball was all for his solid junior season in high school a decade ago. The team that took him just decided "well we are getting a stud, I guess we will have to put up with that negative that is his media presence"....

If you don't want the media circus you don't sign him to your team. It's that simple. And 3 different teams did that after Denver. And on those three teams he lost every QB competition he tried for.

He's my favorite collegiate athlete ever. But don't compare him to Elway as an NFL QB. The same year Elway was taking his team to the Superbowl as a pro-bowl caliber QB, Tebow was struggling to complete 33% of his passes in a pre-season game and missing wide open receivers and losing badly to Ryan fucking Mallett.

Look at how QB's play as backups in pre-season. They tear it up. Tarvaris Jackson walks out of pre-seasons with QB ratings over 130. Tebow in back to back pre-seasons was arguably the worst QB to set foot on the field.

That's why he didn't get a job. He couldn't beat out the 3rd string guys.

No coach is going to say "well you led a team in the worst division in the league to an 8 win season and completed 40% of your passes in the playoffs, so damnit, I don't care that you are just so much worse than the other QB's on my team, I am going to stake my career on you, rebuild the offense to some fucking high school gimmick shit, and see what happens". Seriously, the Patriots. The team that can make a guy who hadn't started a game since high-school look like a franchise QB, couldn't make Tebow look like a training camp body QB.

And I have no problem saying this while saying he's my favorite. It's a different game. You can't win in the NFL when your QB's best skill is running like a fullback.

First bold is exactly what I was getting at. Second bold was you applying positions to me that I had not taken. Ever since you have tried to deflect/strawman/etc to cover the fact you fd up.

Don't get off topic NEpatsfan. Pages ago I said that was a mistake.. I want to know how you are defending yourself against that polar opposite claim that Nepatsfan made against you.

I know you have this heated disagreement with this NEpatsfan guy here, and maybe missed me saying "I mistakenly thought he posted on here about the Tebow Elway comparison in the Tebow Elway comparison thread."

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He did bring a circus atmosphere with him and the media of course fed much of that. All things being equal, lets say he could be similar to a few 3rd stringers out there, the added distraction of Tebow and all that comes with it probably wasn't worth it to teams to keep him around.

Also, he kinda sucks at throwing the football accurately and struggled to read defenses.

Teams would have to create a completely different playbook for him. If he realistically had a chance to be an effective starter, maybe they'd do so, but there's not a lot of room on NFL rosters for QBs who can't play the primary offense. That, and he's a lefty. Left handed quarterback look like they have cerebral palsy when they throw.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know he turned them down because he wants to play QB, which plays into my theory that he'd rather be cut, and continue to pursue those opportunities rather than be a back up.

If he was weak minded, maybe he'd have quit on that goal, and he'd be a TE somewhere right now.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he turned them down because he wants to play QB, which plays into my theory that he'd rather be cut, and continue to pursue those opportunities rather than be a back up.

If he was weak minded, maybe he'd have quit on that goal, and he'd be a TE somewhere right now.
No he quit on the goal when he refused become a backup and learn how to play the position at an NFL level.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So NE patsfan. NEpatsfan has just pulled up hiw quote that he doesn't think any team wants the media crap mostly because he's an outspoken Christian. But NEpatsfan you are arguing that in fact, according to the post above that makes 8 teams that have tried sign Tebow or did sign tebow, a full 25% of the league, more than any other QB with a QBR of 29 or less in back to back seasons in NFL history.

How do you respond to those idiotic accusations by NEpatsfan to you?

Easy. I generalized early on, and have now agreed that it's not all teams. No real position change, just acknowledgment of a generalization.

All this is now is you trying to cover up your idiocy of applying positions to me I hadn't taken.

Also don't refer to QBR, it's one of the worst stats ever created, and therefore doesn't help your position. You're welcome.