• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There is only ONE difference between Elway and Tebow...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he turned them down because he wants to play QB, which plays into my theory that he'd rather be cut, and continue to pursue those opportunities rather than be a back up.

If he was weak minded, maybe he'd have quit on that goal, and he'd be a TE somewhere right now.

I don't think he's weakminded, but how would that compare to Warren Moon. Who when asked to change positions basically said he knew he was a baller at QB and would go to the offer he had in the CFL, prove it, and make the NFL wish they'd let him be a QB.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get off topic NEpatsfan. Pages ago I said that was a mistake.. I want to know how you are defending yourself against that polar opposite claim that Nepatsfan made against you.

I know you have this heated disagreement with this NEpatsfan guy here, and maybe missed me saying "I mistakenly thought he posted on here about the Tebow Elway comparison in the Tebow Elway comparison thread."

My claim is the same. Nice try though.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he turned them down because he wants to play QB, which plays into my theory that he'd rather be cut, and continue to pursue those opportunities rather than be a back up.

If he was weak minded, maybe he'd have quit on that goal, and he'd be a TE somewhere right now.

Strong-willed and strong-minded aren't the same thing.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy. I generalized early on, and have now agreed that it's not all teams. No real position change, just acknowledgment of a generalization.

All this is now is you trying to cover up your idiocy of applying positions to me I hadn't taken.

Also don't refer to QBR, it's one of the worst stats ever created, and therefore doesn't help your position. You're welcome.

Says the guy using QB rating. Remind me how QB rating affects the most fumble prone QB in modern history in terms of fumble rate? Oh yeah, zero difference. lol

So Nepatsfan. Nepatsfan has submitted to you. Now Nepatsfan spent pages defending someone saying Tebow not finding work in the NFL was different of course than finding work for NFL teams. But Nepatsfan you used that SAME EXACT TERMINOLOGY. Care to explain why Nepatsfan is so completely wrong?

(Just between you and me, I think you might win this debate too. That Nepatsfan guy kinda has no clue what he's saying. Just don't let him know that)

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My claim is the same. Nice try though.

Oh my! At the last moment just when it looked like NEpatsfan was about to lay down and we could call Nepatsfan the winner, here comes NEpatsfan doubling down that his claim is again what it is. No easy wins for Nepatsfan coming today. How do you respond to that Nepatsfan?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy using QB rating. Remind me how QB rating affects the most fumble prone QB in modern history in terms of fumble rate? Oh yeah, zero difference. lol

So Nepatsfan. Nepatsfan has submitted to you. Now Nepatsfan spent pages defending someone saying Tebow not finding work in the NFL was different of course than finding work for NFL teams. But Nepatsfan you used that SAME EXACT TERMINOLOGY. Care to explain why Nepatsfan is so completely wrong?

(Just between you and me, I think you might win this debate too. That Nepatsfan guy kinda has no clue what he's saying. Just don't let him know that)

I used passer rating earlier.

Still trying to twist it to cover your f up huh?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. As a Denver fan I encountered many people that literally hated him as a person. Nothing to do with his abilities. His QB "talents" just don't translate consistently to today's NFL.

Careful. NEpatsfan is going to label you a hater.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used passer rating earlier.

Still trying to twist it to cover your f up huh?

Yes, the one that says Tebow as the most fumble prone QB in modern history is no different than if he was the least fumble prone QB in NFL history. That is what you chose to use. The one that says a completion for 4 yards on 3rd and 10 is a good play. lol Thanks for doubling down on that nepatsfan.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my! At the last moment just when it looked like NEpatsfan was about to lay down and we could call Nepatsfan the winner, here comes NEpatsfan doubling down that his claim is again what it is. No easy wins for Nepatsfan coming today. How do you respond to that Nepatsfan?

For your argument to work you would need to show where I actually change positions.

Further proof you are less than a man is your need to try and find fault to offset your own earlier failure.

Keep trying though.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the one that says Tebow as the most fumble prone QB in modern history is no different than if he was the least fumble prone QB in NFL history. That is what you chose to use. The one that says a completion for 4 yards on 3rd and 10 is a good play. lol Thanks for doubling down on that nepatsfan.

Umm, what?:scratch:

I never said anything about fumbles. I simply listed the current QB's that have lower passing ratings than Tebow.

WTF are you even talking about?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For your argument to work you would need to show where I actually change positions.

Further proof you are less than a man is your need to try and find fault to offset your own earlier failure.

Keep trying though.

Oh my.. Nepatsfan just managed to win by taking both polar opposite sides of an argument at the same exact time.

Congrats!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my.. Nepatsfan just managed to win by taking both polar opposite sides of an argument at the same exact time.

Congrats!

Couldn't actually back up your argument huh?

What a puss you are being so desperate to try and be right about something after being shown wrong.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, what?:scratch:

I never said anything about fumbles. I simply listed the current QB's that have lower passing ratings than Tebow.

WTF are you even talking about?

WOW! What a revelation we have here today. By acknowledging that QB rating's flaws are not even worth debating, and that they matter even in small sample sizes...

NEpatsfan has now pushed Brady outside of the top 5 QB's all time and outside of the top 25 playoff performing QB's with his logic here.

Nepatsfan, what are your thoughts on this. Is NEpatsfan full of shit and overrating this stat grossly, or is Tom Brady really that bad?

I think you've got it from here NEpatsfan. Any of the piles of times you contradict yourself, feel free to counter right back from here on. Enjoy.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! What a revelation we have here today. By acknowledging that QB rating's flaws are not even debatable when used in small sample sizes...

NEpatsfan has now pushed Brady outside of the top 5 QB's all time and outside of the top 25 playoff performing QB's. Nepatsfan, what are your thoughts on this. Is NEpatsfan full of shit and overrating this stat grossly, or is Tom Brady really that bad?

I think you've got it from here NEpatsfan. Any of the piles of times you contradict yourself, feel free to counter right back from here on. Enjoy.

Still reaching huh?