• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There is only ONE difference between Elway and Tebow...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just wandering off into the weeds anyways.

The discussion is could Tebow play in the NFL, and the answer is yes. Why he isn't is unknown, and our comments are just our opinions as to why.

Sorry for expecting you to back up your claim.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was readily discussed, ad nauseum, on Boston sports radio at the time. He refused to play any other position other than QB, he was summarily cut.

So you are saying the best coach in the NFL tried to make him adequate enough to be a 3rd string QB. Once the obvious failure of that idea became clear and Bill realized that having no 3rd string QB at all was better than having Tebow as a 3rd string QB he decided to try and change Tebow's position to one which he could possibly have a chance in the NFL at.

I guess I agree with you patsfan. You sold me. Had Tebow tried a position like TE or HB, maybe he would have been able to hold onto an NFL career. I wish he had taken that route..

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he literally said "I don't think it's so much as a conspiracy as no team wants the media crap that networks like ESPN insist on putting upon on him, mostly because he is an outspoken Christian."

and a post later

"Where did I say the NFL doesn't want him because of his faith?"

Like really? Then why did teams keep signing him and bringing that media exposure? And you really think that teams are sitting there saying "no Tebow's a Christian and gets media exposure over that. Lets keep Kaepernick because his media exposure is so much more positive".

It's like the most retarded idea in the world right there. It's funny watching him backtrack off of that though. Dig himself in the weeds because I mistakenly thought he posted on here about the Tebow Elway comparison in the Tebow Elway comparison thread. Whatever.

Thanks for proving I was right and you were wrong, due to your failed comprehension.

Where did I say NFL?

Just man up and admit you failed to comprehend what I wrote.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer to your question is Rock failed to comprehend what I wrote, then applied to me a position I had not taken, and was unable to man up an admit he made a mistake.

You seem to be falling into the same hole as Rock.

I'm not falling anywhere. I asked you a question. You didn't technically answer it, but by not answering it you answered it. You've now done so twice. It's what you do.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for you posting strawman arguments to deflect from the facts of the actual discussion.

Actually, you brought it up. Not me. I just knew it was bullshit and called you on it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="tebowGOAT, post: 9117555, member: 11650"
Kick rocks![/QUOTE]

Nice Avi there @tebowGOAT . Are you the guy on the right with the Elton John glasses or the guy on the left with the Mormon shorts?
You should get together with @handicappers. he has a great picture of himself you would like.....

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you brought it up. Not me. I just knew it was bullshit and called you on it.

You didn't call me on anything. And you simply want to use it as a strawman to the discussion.

Tebow could be a QB in the NFL as we speak, and is better than many that currently are. Fact, one which you don't like because you hate Tebow.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not falling anywhere. I asked you a question. You didn't technically answer it, but by not answering it you answered it. You've now done so twice. It's what you do.

So using your line of thinking, I have to defend positions that another poster applied to me that I never took?

Got it!:L

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for proving I was right and you were wrong, due to your failed comprehension.

Where did I say NFL?

Just man up and admit you failed to comprehend what I wrote.

I guess I did. I am manning up 100% here that when you responded to someone asking "I'm still waiting for the reason people think that the NFL has conspired against Tebow..." (which you quoted them asking) that I might think your response was to someone wanting the reason the NFL has conspired against Tebow :doh:

My bad for failing to comprehend that when you respond to someone SPECIFICALLY ASKING ABOUT THE NFL, your response will have NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THE NFL.

So now that we know that response had nothing to do with the NFL. What "team" were you talking about in your response when you said "no team wants the media crap"?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't call me on anything. And you simply want to use it as a strawman to the discussion.

Tebow could be a QB in the NFL as we speak, and is better than many that currently are. Fact, one which you don't like because you hate Tebow.

Bill Belichick never he wanted him to switch positions.

Yet you said he did.

That makes you full of shit. It's not a big deal. Just a fact.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So using your line of thinking, I have to defend positions that another poster applied to me that I never took?

Got it!:L

I never asked you to defend anything. I asked you a simple question. You can't answer it, so you change the subject back to some irrelevant minutiae so you can claim "victory". It's your pattern. It would be funny if it wasn't so utterly pathetic.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I did. I am manning up 100% here that when you responded to someone asking "I'm still waiting for the reason people think that the NFL has conspired against Tebow..." (which you quoted them asking) that I might think your response was to someone wanting the reason the NFL has conspired against Tebow :doh:

My bad for failing to comprehend that when you respond to someone SPECIFICALLY ASKING ABOUT THE NFL, your response will have NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THE NFL. .

Reading comp fail on your part. I referred to teams, not the NFL. You want to apply it that way, though I never took that position.

The NFL is a league, the teams are individuals and have their own reasons for not picking him up.

Now you're hanging on to it to keep from admitting you miss understood the comment.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My bad for failing to comprehend that when you respond to someone SPECIFICALLY ASKING ABOUT THE NFL, your response will have NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THE NFL. .

Reading comp fail on your part. I referred to teams, not the NFL. You want to apply it that way, though I never took that position.

The NFL is a league, the teams are individuals and have their own reasons for not picking him up.

Now you're hanging on to it to keep from admitting you miss understood the comment.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never asked you to defend anything. I asked you a simple question. You can't answer it, so you change the subject back to some irrelevant minutiae so you can claim "victory". It's your pattern. It would be funny if it wasn't so utterly pathetic.

But it was based on his applying positions to me I never took. Which position did I change that you are referring?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol... ok you are getting better and better here.. So why did so many teams sign Tebow? 4 different teams signed the guy all knowing full well he was an outspoken Christian....

And are you saying that Kaepernick is on the 49ers because the team thinks his stance is better than Tebows?

You see, just basic logic says you are full of shit. I know you like to twist and get in the weeds and just not answer things. but you just fail at trolling.

Anyways enjoy the rest of your day, please don't ever reproduce and peace out.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who understands why Tebow ran out of opportunities is just a hater.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it was based on his applying positions to me I never took. Which position did I change that you are referring?

I never claimed you changed your position. In fact, I've said the exact opposite. You NEVER change your position even in the face of overwhelming evidence that you're wrong. You just twist some stupid, irrelevant part of what has been said into some way for you to claim victory. It's pathological.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You see that's the thing, logic defeats you.

You don't have to say "I don't like Tom Brady"... But if you say "I don't like pocket QB's" and I have proof Tom Brady is a pocket QB you are stuck. Because either you are just spouting shit out of your ass based on the jersey on the guys back, or you don't like Brady. That's where trolls always fail, and you fell directly into that.

You got stuck there earlier, and have spent 2 pages now trying to push that off and pretend it didn't happen. Digging into the weeds on meaningless shit.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... ok you are getting better and better here.. So why did so many teams sign Tebow? 4 different teams signed the guy all knowing full well he was an outspoken Christian....

And are you saying that Kaepernick is on the 49ers because the team thinks his stance is better than Tebows?

You see, just basic logic says you are full of shit. I know you like to twist and get in the weeds and just not answer things. but you just fail at trolling.

Anyways enjoy the rest of your day, please don't ever reproduce and peace out.

1. No idea ask them.

2. No idea ask them.

Your argument is that it has to be all 32 teams or none. Got it!