• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There is no fucking Doubt anymore

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are tanking.

There is not even a grumble about a coach who is 1-9 coming off an embarrassing loss for such a storied franchise. This kind of season hasn't happened to the Lakers in Ages. The fact that they play Kobe 40 mins. And Byron is fine with it. The fact that Kobe is shooting 30 shots a game seemingly at min. And Byron is fine with it. It goes beyond respect. I don't think Byron is Kobes bitch like Dantoni was. I think they know something we dont. This team is completely gone minus a couple of guys next year. Byron is going to start over next year pretty much with a whole new group of guys. They are going to give him the season. They aren't trying to win. Its the Kobe show this year, and the Lakers are going to let him. They are going to get rid of all these guys, and yes, as hard as it is to believe, they have to be tanking. No coach in his right mind would be 1-9 with a team full of quitters. Almost as if its understood. There is no passion. There is no pride. There is no heart. While i agree expectations should be low. This is crazy bad and way to nonchalant. I believe Nick will add some badly needed scoring but less he has a breakout year, we wont win more then a handful of games more with him. All against bad teams. This team is despicable. Less i hear Byrons name on the hot seat anytime soon i can not come to any other conclusion.

Put a fork in em.

I hope you like your turkey dry fellas.

:doobs:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inimical I don't believe Scott has had a winning season in almost 10 years. He is the ML Carr of the Lakers, setting the table to start the rebuild. Getting the top player it upcoming draft is not a bad thing, but the writing was on the wall the day they signed Kobe to that ridiculous sum, that this was about marketing him.

In 2 or 3 years you will start accumulating some real assets . It's a hard league to rebuild in for sure

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sad thing is I don't belive they are deliberately tanking I think they are just that bad. kobe has 44 points and still down 30. just isn't enough help on roster.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before the season stared they should tank. But they aren't even trying. You can't see tonight's game and say there is any passion. I won't stand for it and there has to be something up if Byron looks so kick back about it. On our home floor. No ethic.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they are just that bad

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before the season stared they should tank. But they aren't even trying. You can't see tonight's game and say there is any passion. I won't stand for it and there has to be something up if Byron looks so kick back about it. On our home floor. No ethic.

Just because he looks so kick back about it on the floor, doesn't mean he's not getting on their asses in the locker room and at practices.

Ike and Tina looked like they had a great relationship on stage, but Ike was beating her ass behind the scene.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he looks so kick back about it on the floor, doesn't mean he's not getting on their asses in the locker room and at practices.

Ike and Tina looked like they had a great relationship on stage, but Ike was beating her ass behind the scene.

I can see him choking Ryan Kelly in front of everyone. One can only hope.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are tanking.

There is not even a grumble about a coach who is 1-9 coming off an embarrassing loss for such a storied franchise. This kind of season hasn't happened to the Lakers in Ages. The fact that they play Kobe 40 mins. And Byron is fine with it. The fact that Kobe is shooting 30 shots a game seemingly at min. And Byron is fine with it. It goes beyond respect. I don't think Byron is Kobes bitch like Dantoni was. I think they know something we dont. This team is completely gone minus a couple of guys next year. Byron is going to start over next year pretty much with a whole new group of guys. They are going to give him the season. They aren't trying to win. Its the Kobe show this year, and the Lakers are going to let him. They are going to get rid of all these guys, and yes, as hard as it is to believe, they have to be tanking. No coach in his right mind would be 1-9 with a team full of quitters. Almost as if its understood. There is no passion. There is no pride. There is no heart. While i agree expectations should be low. This is crazy bad and way to nonchalant. I believe Nick will add some badly needed scoring but less he has a breakout year, we wont win more then a handful of games more with him. All against bad teams. This team is despicable. Less i hear Byrons name on the hot seat anytime soon i can not come to any other conclusion.

Put a fork in em.

I hope you like your turkey dry fellas.

:doobs:

Do they even have a draft pick this summer in 2015? I thought they traded them all away. If that's the case than tanking is useless. Either way, I don't know what Scott is smoking, but I can't believe he just now figured out that these guys flat out don't give a crap about winning.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they even have a draft pick this summer in 2015? I thought they traded them all away. If that's the case than tanking is useless. Either way, I don't know what Scott is smoking, but I can't believe he just now figured out that these guys flat out don't give a crap about winning.

Yeah they get to keep it if its a top 5 pick. Otherwise i believe it goes to the Rockets. I just saw byron talk about how he is losing his patience and doesnt like the lack of effort. Makes me feel slightly better.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inimical I don't believe Scott has had a winning season in almost 10 years. He is the ML Carr of the Lakers, setting the table to start the rebuild. Getting the top player it upcoming draft is not a bad thing, but the writing was on the wall the day they signed Kobe to that ridiculous sum, that this was about marketing him.

In 2 or 3 years you will start accumulating some real assets . It's a hard league to rebuild in for sure

Rondo! :P

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe was talking about how jealous he was of the continuity that the Spurs has had, but he missed the reason why they had that continuity. TIM DUNCAN TOOK LESS MONEY SO THEY COULD REBUILD THE TEAM.

I figured the Lakers were screwed when I saw that they signed Kobe to that ridiculous contract as you called it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they get to keep it if its a top 5 pick. Otherwise i believe it goes to the Rockets. I just saw byron talk about how he is losing his patience and doesnt like the lack of effort. Makes me feel slightly better.

It's hard to feel sorry for him when he asked for the job knowing that the Lakers had just signed a bucket of shit to play of them. Just saying

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an NBA fan, it's just wrong to have the Lakers be so bad. It diminishes the league. I am pretty anti-Laker but this is hard to watch.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge breakdown of the Kobe contract...

From Kobe's side...Kobe gets offered $48m for 2 years

A. Kobe is arrogant to think that they can pay him $24m per year and contend

B. knowing he isn't worth $10m a year he takes it because he isn't leaving the Lakers and he knows that if management are willing to pay him that much money their level of competence is less than mouth breathing so he should take the money and record chase.

From short Buss's side...

2 possibilites:

A. Kobe is the tank effort and we will back pay him with record chasing and a huge retirement bonus
B. Lakers organization is ridiculously incompetent and think that Kobe can be the 3rd+ best player on a contending team.

You choose based on how competent you think the Lakers management is or how arrogant you think Kobe is

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be a near impossibility to happen unless the Lakers tank every game to be sure and quite honestly, I hope those players have more pride than to cooperate with that plan. I am inclined to believe that this Lakers team is simply the absolute worst team in the league.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge breakdown of the Kobe contract...

From Kobe's side...Kobe gets offered $48m for 2 years

A. Kobe is arrogant to think that they can pay him $24m per year and contend

B. knowing he isn't worth $10m a year he takes it because he isn't leaving the Lakers and he knows that if management are willing to pay him that much money their level of competence is less than mouth breathing so he should take the money and record chase.

From short Buss's side...

2 possibilites:

A. Kobe is the tank effort and we will back pay him with record chasing and a huge retirement bonus
B. Lakers organization is ridiculously incompetent and think that Kobe can be the 3rd+ best player on a contending team.

You choose based on how competent you think the Lakers management is or how arrogant you think Kobe is

I have to disagree with Kobe thinking they could still contend. Kobe already knows that, but also knew that 48 million/two years was way too good to pass up and would put him the position of becoming a part owner of a basket ball team some day. No player is so stupid to think that their team can give them half of the money under the salary cap and still get quality teams. That was another Short Buss idea not being good at business

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with Kobe thinking they could still contend. Kobe already knows that, but also knew that 48 million/two years was way too good to pass up and would put him the position of becoming a part owner of a basket ball team some day. No player is so stupid to think that their team can give them half of the money under the salary cap and still get quality teams. That was another Short Buss idea not being good at business

Make no mistake i believe this was planned. Jeanie said 3 year plan a a week or so back, now i see why.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried telling you guys before the season started that your team was fucking awful and you didn't listen. Kobe can't do it on his own.

It's probably best that you lose anyways, you'll need that top 5 pick next year badly.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistake i believe this was planned. Jeanie said 3 year plan a a week or so back, now i see why.

There's just no way that this management didn't see this coming and Byron Scott also had to have seen this coming, but if they tank and get a top 5 pick because it's protected:

Than they Ed Davis who is developing nicely, they will have Julius Randle who should come back and be relevant and they can go for another quard to replace Kobe. By the end of Kobe's career, that guard will be almost ready and the Lakers would have three young players to work with and that would be an attraction for free agents.

Not impossible by the way to get lucky with Nash as an expiring contract for a team ready to dump a Pau Gasol type player

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried telling you guys before the season started that your team was fucking awful and you didn't listen. Kobe can't do it on his own.

It's probably best that you lose anyways, you'll need that top 5 pick next year badly.

You shut your whore mouth! :doobs: