• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Zeke Elliot Fiasco

How does this fiasco end?

• Zeke caves, reports, and honors his contract.

• Jerry Jones caves, signs Zeke to an extension.

• Zeke holds out for the year or longer.

• All aboard the Jerry Jones grab ass bus for potato salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Zeke would report after week 4 preseason much like Aaron Donald held out for the Rams.

If Zeke continues this he is an idiot. Idle time with him is seriously playing with fire — see Boogie Cousins right now.

Take the 2nd best RB deal out there and play.

He's the best RB and wants to be paid like that, I get it. I also think the NFLPA is in his ear about trying to reset the RB market. Problem is that he is actually going to screw more RB's. Who in their right mind is going to take a RB in the first round ginghams forward? Saquon is the next up for this type of BS. Not worth the trouble, not considering the drop-off from Elite to average is much less for RB than it is for pretty much every other position. QB, WR, TE, OL, DL, CB, S, LB...all of them when you go to the backup you see a big drop. I don't see that at RB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the All-Pro, Super Bowl Champion and rightful 2017 league MVP Carson Wentz.
Well, one out three ain't bad for the Philly School system...

giphy.gif

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealousy is unfortunate. Although I'd be jealous too of the Eagles and where they are with their QB, FO, coaches and everything overall as an organization if I were a Cowboys fan for the past 20 years. So I understand.
Flash in the pan. That supposedly better team got worse this offseason, and we beat you twice and won the East last year.
Not too worried about the Eagles.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the All-Pro, Super Bowl Champion and rightful 2017 league MVP Carson Wentz.
Jason Garret is a SB champion too. Saw just as much playing time, too.

Also, you misspelled AlmostMVP

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the best RB and wants to be paid like that, I get it. I also think the NFLPA is in his ear about trying to reset the RB market. Problem is that he is actually going to screw more RB's. Who in their right mind is going to take a RB in the first round ginghams forward? Saquon is the next up for this type of BS. Not worth the trouble, not considering the drop-off from Elite to average is much less for RB than it is for pretty much every other position. QB, WR, TE, OL, DL, CB, S, LB...all of them when you go to the backup you see a big drop. I don't see that at RB.

He’s a great RB and has a gripe for being the best or top 3 for sure. But he also has off the fields issues consistently and if he sits there is a good chance he gets in trouble again.

Plus if Jerry caves to him, he’s setting a bad example for the Dak and Cooper contracts IMO.

Taking the #2 RB contract out there right now would help the rest of the Boys get signed as well. Do you even want someone on the team that pulls that? At least Donald came back and played out his contract after he sat 2 consecutive years of preseason.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flash in the pan. That supposedly better team got worse this offseason, and we beat you twice and won the East last year.
Not too worried about the Eagles.

Eagles got worse? In what way?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Garret is a SB champion too. Saw just as much playing time, too.

Also, you misspelled AlmostMVP

Did Jason Garrett lead the team to the #1 seed in a historically dominant fashion?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a great RB and has a gripe for being the best or top 3 for sure. But he also has off the fields issues consistently and if he sits there is a good chance he gets in trouble again.

Plus if Jerry caves to him, he’s setting a bad example for the Dak and Cooper contracts IMO.

Taking the #2 RB contract out there right now would help the rest of the Boys get signed as well. Do you even want someone on the team that pulls that? At least Donald came back and played out his contract after he sat 2 consecutive years of preseason.
True, but playing out one year and an offseason without threat of a suspension would probably get him a top RB contract.

Still don't get why he would want a top long term deal this year when the cap is going to be higher next year and he will still have one guaranteed year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles got worse? In what way?

Lost Bennet and Long on your DL, lost Tate and replaced with old man Jackson, lost your only QB that can win after November, and added some rookies.

You got worse.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but playing out one year and an offseason without threat of a suspension would probably get him a top RB contract.

Still don't get why he would want a top long term deal this year when the cap is going to be higher next year and he will still have one guaranteed year.

It’s Zeke man and sitting out is the cool thing to do. Hopefully he comes back here the next couple days and reports this weekend

The idle time is what would worry me the most if I’m his agent. Him getting frustrated and around women lol

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost Bennet and Long on your DL, lost Tate and replaced with old man Jackson, lost your only QB that can win after November, and added some rookies.

You got worse.

Depth at DE is the only spot on the team the Eagles took a step back. They got better at DT.

Lol Tate, that was a worthless trade for the Eagles, he was a redundant player to have with Agholor on the roster. Jackson is a huge upgrade for the team. Having no deep threat hurt a lot last year and now we have one of the greatest deep threats to ever play the game to help open things up on offense.

The Eagles improved big time this offseason, especially when it comes to depth across the board. The only real concern is depth at DE but then again, we are in the running to land Clowney.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Zeke man and sitting out is the cool thing to do. Hopefully he comes back here the next couple days and reports this weekend

The idle time is what would worry me the most if I’m his agent. Him getting frustrated and around women lol
I think even if he reports today he is not playing week 1. No chance he is ready and in shape. He's now lost one game check. Let's see how many more he wants to miss.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even if he reports today he is not playing week 1. No chance he is ready and in shape. He's now lost one game check. Let's see how many more he wants to miss.

That what happened with Donald 2 years ago. He only missed week 1

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth at DE is the only spot on the team the Eagles took a step back. They got better at DT.

Lol Tate, that was a worthless trade for the Eagles, he was a redundant player to have with Agholor on the roster. Jackson is a huge upgrade for the team. Having no deep threat hurt a lot last year and now we have one of the greatest deep threats to ever play the game to help open things up on offense.

The Eagles improved big time this offseason, especially when it comes to depth across the board. The only real concern is depth at DE but then again, we are in the running to land Clowney.
If you say so. Non-homers disagree.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That what happened with Donald 2 years ago. He only missed week 1
True, but Donald is the unquestionable best at his spot and it's a premium spot. RB's just aren't worth putting yourself in cap hell 2 years early

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Donald is the unquestionable best at his spot and it's a premium spot. RB's just aren't worth putting yourself in cap hell 2 years early

I agree. The Gurley contract shocked me. I love Todd but to give RBs that kind of money is a big ??

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The Gurley contract shocked me. I love Todd but to give RBs that kind of money is a big ??
Yup, and screwed Dallas with that deal. That will be a silver lining if we sing Dak to a stupid contract...Goff is up next. :evil: