• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Zeke Elliot Fiasco

How does this fiasco end?

• Zeke caves, reports, and honors his contract.

• Jerry Jones caves, signs Zeke to an extension.

• Zeke holds out for the year or longer.

• All aboard the Jerry Jones grab ass bus for potato salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is saying look at me, I got hit with some injuries and now I'm not even in the league anymore. You have holdout and make sure you get your money as the highest paid while you can before injuries shorten your career.
That's not at all what happened with Dez and that is not at all what Dez is saying. Dez is saying nothing other than grab as much money as you can. That is why Dez is on his couch, because he wanted more than any team wanted to give him.

And his reasoning is silly because he also has this delusion that he was owed something or that the team wasn't loyal to him but he fought for every penny when he could as well and the team offered him to stay at a lower amount. Like a petulant child he always felt disrespected if even the slightest criticism came his way or really if even anything other than 100% kissing his ass came his way. He was also unable to see that he wasn't as good as he thought he was or even close to it so he turned it down and misread his value

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is saying look at me, I got hit with some injuries and now I'm not even in the league anymore. You have holdout and make sure you get your money as the highest paid while you can before injuries shorten your career.

Dez's unwillingness to change his contract is why he lost his job.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez's unwillingness to change his contract is why he lost his job.

He lost his job in the league because injuries ground him down into nothing. He had hall of fame talent and drive and was off towards that type of career yet when he should have been hitting his prime he started getting injured and then he got paired with Dak instead of Romo and it all went downhill from there.

A contract doesn't cause a great WR to hit their decline at 26 years old, injuries do.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not at all what happened with Dez and that is not at all what Dez is saying. Dez is saying nothing other than grab as much money as you can. That is why Dez is on his couch, because he wanted more than any team wanted to give him.

And his reasoning is silly because he also has this delusion that he was owed something or that the team wasn't loyal to him but he fought for every penny when he could as well and the team offered him to stay at a lower amount. Like a petulant child he always felt disrespected if even the slightest criticism came his way or really if even anything other than 100% kissing his ass came his way. He was also unable to see that he wasn't as good as he thought he was or even close to it so he turned it down and misread his value

His reasoning is stupid? He is 30 years old and out of the league. He was an immensly talented WR putting up 90+ rec, 1,200-1,400 yards, 12-16 TD seasons. True greatness. He hits 26 years old and starts getting injured, 3 years and several injuries later and he is out of the league all together. Dez Bryant was elite before injuries derailed his career.

His message is clear, get your money when you can because this league will spit you out if injuries derail your career. Everyone saw what the Cowboys did with DeMarco. Completely use him up with an insane number of touches his final year then pass him off in free agency after he has been used up. Elliott doesn't want that to happen to him because he is part of an organization that would unless he makes them heavily invest into him right now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost his job in the league because injuries ground him down into nothing. He had hall of fame talent and drive and was off towards that type of career yet when he should have been hitting his prime he started getting injured and then he got paired with Dak instead of Romo and it all went downhill from there.

A contract doesn't cause a great WR to hit their decline at 26 years old, injuries do.
All false

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His reasoning is stupid? He is 30 years old and out of the league. He was an immensly talented WR putting up 90+ rec, 1,200-1,400 yards, 12-16 TD seasons. True greatness. He hits 26 years old and starts getting injured, 3 years and several injuries later and he is out of the league all together. Dez Bryant was elite before injuries derailed his career.

His message is clear, get your money when you can because this league will spit you out if injuries derail your career. Everyone saw what the Cowboys did with DeMarco. Completely use him up with an insane number of touches his final year then pass him off in free agency after he has been used up. Elliott doesn't want that to happen to him because he is part of an organization that would unless he makes them heavily invest into him right now.
false

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are wrong. He wasn't injured, he just wasn't worth the money he was getting paid based on his already poor route running having gotten worse with age. He wasn't the kind of WR Dak needed (someone who could run a route and hit a spot) for what he was being paid. It was 100% a contract issue. Dez' game was "I'll go deep, throw it high and I'll go get it". Didn't work with Dak.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wrong. He wasn't injured, he just wasn't worth the money he was getting paid based on his already poor route running having gotten worse with age. He wasn't the kind of WR Dak needed (someone who could run a route and hit a spot) for what he was being paid. It was 100% a contract issue. Dez' game was "I'll go deep, throw it high and I'll go get it". Didn't work with Dak.

Then why is he out of the league? Why did no one sign him until mid-way through the following season?

Injuries have made him a ghost of the player he used to be. He is a poster boy for Zeke to hold out and get his money.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why is he out of the league? Why did no one sign him until mid-way through the following season?

Injuries have made him a ghost of the player he used to be. He is a poster boy for Zeke to hold out and get his money.

He's not in the league because he isn't worth what he wants to be paid. He wants to get revenge on Dallas, so he held out for an NFCE team. None of them wanted him, and the team that did offer him (Ravens) he turned down. He's not hurt, well now he is after the Saints signed him. He just isn't worth the money.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently talks are heating up with the goal of a deal this weekend.

I need a deal to be made since I gambled and took both Zeke and Melvin Gordon in my FF draft.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I need a deal to be made since I gambled and took both Zeke and Melvin Gordon in my FF draft.
Do you think the Gordon talks heat up if Zeke signs a deal?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was always on the slow side and always ran shitty patterns. As he got older and lost a step he became just too easy to cover, still ran shitty patterns and started dropping passes constantly. He also no longer was able to get up and win the jump ball passes he used to. This was important because he was literally NEVER open. His catches mostly came from out-physicalling the DB. He just couldn't do it as he got older and also let DBs who no longer feared him get in his head. He spent all game talking crap to DBs that were owning him and it put more pressure on him in his own head because he was getting shown up and he dropped even more passes because of it. His mental state was always fragile and a problem and when he was no longer force fed the ball he couldn't handle it and his outbursts were no longer tolerable and he was a problem on the sideline and in the locker room. Like all players Dez had injuries, but they had nothing to do with his downfall. Plus he got his big contract unlike Zeke. He is an idiot; always was and always will be and he became more TO by the year

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Gordon talks heat up if Zeke signs a deal?
Yes and no. I think it’ll depend on how much Zeke gets. Gordon can also afford to hold out until week 10 and still have the season count toward his existing contract.

I hope they both get on the field soon because it’ll give me a RB/Flex crew of Zeke, Gordon, Chubb and Kerryon Johnson. And that’s in addition to Ertz and Tyreek Hill.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our draft is in 30 minutes. I'm picking 4th. Was hoping to be later in the first and others didn't know Zeke was talking right now. I doubt Zeke makes it to 13 so I guess I'm taking him at 4.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys only kept Alfred Morris and Pollard and a FB on the 53. Looks like they think Zeke will be back by week 1

Although Olawale could be a #3 RB if needed

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the East is coming

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Frobertpearl%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F10%2FWhite-Walkers_Game-of-Thrones_2-1.jpg

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not in the league because he isn't worth what he wants to be paid. He wants to get revenge on Dallas, so he held out for an NFCE team. None of them wanted him, and the team that did offer him (Ravens) he turned down. He's not hurt, well now he is after the Saints signed him. He just isn't worth the money.

He was putting up 90+ rec, 1,200+ yards and 12+ TDs a season. Teams are more than willing to play a player that much. Not every team has a player as ill-equipped to take advantage of a WR like that as Dallas is with Dak. Fact is he is completely shot health wise and that is why he is out of the league. His body started to break down in 2015.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was putting up 90+ rec, 1,200+ yards and 12+ TDs a season. Teams are more than willing to play a player that much. Not every team has a player as ill-equipped to take advantage of a WR like that as Dallas is with Dak. Fact is he is completely shot health wise and that is why he is out of the league. His body started to break down in 2015.
You are an idiot and you are just making things up :L