• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The worst 57 minutes of football our O has ever played

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we STILL somehow come out with the W. Crazy times man.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we STILL somehow come out with the W. Crazy times man.

I've said this to so many friends/family members/forum posters...

"Defense keeps you in games."

Take a team like Green Bay. If they turn it over 5+ times, you're done. There's no way Green Bay's defense is keeping you in that game.

But great defenses, will keep you in any game. Yah your offense might not be able to score that final 3-7 needed to win (ours did) but the opportunity is there.

As a kid when I was growing up, I always wanted the crazy good WR/RB, etc. Having watched football so long, give me D any day. Yah Seattle could use a good WR in this upcoming draft, but give me a good D-lineman and I'd be more happy. It's the one reason I just don't like college football. It's all about the powerhouse offenses and ridiculous athletes plugged in at RB/WR with just not enough emphasis on defense.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely right shark....I ended up placing in my bowl pickem league, because when I was making my picks, I looked at who had the best defense of the teams and 9 times out of 10 picked that team...........defense wins championships.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to clean that stuff up ... That was BS ... I realize the weather was pretty bad, so that was part of the drops, but @#$^ clean that up ... Our offense is capable of so much better... We also need our O-line healthy again ... Way to many mistakes... And whats with Unger snapping the ball like #@$^ about 5 times yesterday.... ? Overall we just had tons of self inflicting wounds...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this to so many friends/family members/forum posters...

"Defense keeps you in games."

Take a team like Green Bay. If they turn it over 5+ times, you're done. There's no way Green Bay's defense is keeping you in that game.

But great defenses, will keep you in any game. Yah your offense might not be able to score that final 3-7 needed to win (ours did) but the opportunity is there.

As a kid when I was growing up, I always wanted the crazy good WR/RB, etc. Having watched football so long, give me D any day. Yah Seattle could use a good WR in this upcoming draft, but give me a good D-lineman and I'd be more happy. It's the one reason I just don't like college football. It's all about the powerhouse offenses and ridiculous athletes plugged in at RB/WR with just not enough emphasis on defense.

Was it not the Green Bay defense that made the Seahawks play the worst 57 minutes of football they have ever played. Or did they just suck on offense all by themselves? Wilson threw those 4 picks right to the Packers all on his own with no pressure and lousy GB pass defense?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....

Yep...lot's of skill won that one.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be fair, two of the pics bounced right off kearse's hands.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it not the Green Bay defense that made the Seahawks play the worst 57 minutes of football they have ever played. Or did they just suck on offense all by themselves? Wilson threw those 4 picks right to the Packers all on his own with no pressure and lousy GB pass defense?

I would say its a little of both. I think the Pack came in with a great defensive game plan and contained RW from scrambling. I think some luck was involved in the tipped interceptions. Some might call those either bad throws or bad decisions by RW. The Pic in double coverage and the pic in the endzone were bad decisions by RW and great defense for the Packers.

It is hard to know, but as avid watchers of Seahawk games, I think most of us here felt RW had a bad day. It could be that GB did alot on defense to make those bad things happen.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I give the Pack's D alot of credit for RW's worst game. Yes two pics were from tips but the other 2 pics were poor decision and GB's D made their plays on it. Add in the Pack didn't allow RW to scramble which is part of his game, the Pack had a very good scheme going for 55 mins.

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you serious ? Did you watch the game ? 2 of those picks Wilson threw hit the Seahawks receiver right in his effin hands...

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first half, my thought was Seattle couldn't get out of their own way. They have started slow a number of times. Late in the second half, I told the wife that we have been spoiled with the second half performances by this team and it just wasn't working out this time. I was thinking we really need some more linemen and about a minute later shit started rolling and it was amazing to watch.

GB gets a lot of credit for harassing Wilson all day. They just didn't get to him at the end.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson threw those 4 picks right to the Packers all on his own with no pressure and lousy GB pass defense?

Actually, the 4 picks are a good example of Wilson (and Kearse) just not playing well. There were the two that Kearse tipped into the air. But the other two were just horrible throws by Wilson, not hurried at all, just seemed to decide where he was going early and then went there. Green Bay had good coverage on Kearse on all 4 of those plays, but Kearse should have caught 2 of them and Wilson shouldn't have even thrown the other two.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not hardly, they did have a little impact but not much.

Russell played a bad game, he was under throwing balls he never has under thrown before. He was throwing into double coverage something he NEVER does and 2 of the picks were balls that wouldn't have been picked if the WR ( Kearse ) didn't have them bounce UP off his hands. Russell Wilson for what ever reason was not seeing the field well and was so off target it was shocking. It was those costly turnovers that allowed the Packers to keep the Hawks off the scoreboard more so than their Defense. Even a Packers fan has to admit they have never seen Russell Wilson make so many boneheaded plays and mistakes before in a single game. Thing is Wilson really has never had a bad game before either so he was due.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not hardly, they did have a little impact but not much.

Russell played a bad game, he was under throwing balls he never has under thrown before. He was throwing into double coverage something he NEVER does and 2 of the picks were balls that wouldn't have been picked if the WR ( Kearse ) didn't have them bounce UP off his hands. Russell Wilson for what ever reason was not seeing the field well and was so off target it was shocking. It was those costly turnovers that allowed the Packers to keep the Hawks off the scoreboard more so than their Defense. Even a Packers fan has to admit they have never seen Russell Wilson make so many boneheaded plays and mistakes before in a single game. Thing is Wilson really has never had a bad game before either so he was due.

It wasn't Russ's best first half that's for dam sure... But he didn't get any help either... Line was a mess early,receivers weren't getting open, on big play's Kearse forgot how to catch... I think the one deep pass Russ made in double coverage was on him.. The fade to Kearse though was giving the receiver a chance to win that match-up one on one... Obviously the DB positioned himself better... Overall is was our offense as a whole that stunk it up in that first half...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't Russ's best first half that's for dam sure... But he didn't get any help either... Line was a mess early,receivers weren't getting open, on big play's Kearse forgot how to catch... I think the one deep pass Russ made in double coverage was on him.. The fade to Kearse though was giving the receiver a chance to win that match-up one on one... Obviously the DB positioned himself better... Overall is was our offense as a whole that stunk it up in that first half...

The Corner fade was not a fade as it was WAY to short lol. Maybe the wind caught it but that ball was massively under thrown as the WR had the deep outside shoulder throw just begging to be thrown. The line being a mess? Whats new about that? they have been a mess all season there was nothing different out there in that regard to the oline, they were status quo.

There were WR open, matter of fact on one of Russells scrambles Kearse was 15-20 yards down the field standing wide open on the sideline and right in front of Wilson and Wilson did not see him and i mean WIDE open, no one with in 5 yards of him. I think Russ got back to the LoS was all. Russell Was not seeing the Field at all in the first half for some reason, He was due to put up a stinker but i think we can all agree that no one ever thought he could be that bad. He looked like Kaepernick out there lmao.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Corner fade was not a fade as it was WAY to short lol. Maybe the wind caught it but that ball was massively under thrown as the WR had the deep outside shoulder throw just begging to be thrown. The line being a mess? Whats new about that? they have been a mess all season there was nothing different out there in that regard to the oline, they were status quo.

There were WR open, matter of fact on one of Russells scrambles Kearse was 15-20 yards down the field standing wide open on the sideline and right in front of Wilson and Wilson did not see him and i mean WIDE open, no one with in 5 yards of him. I think Russ got back to the LoS was all. Russell Was not seeing the Field at all in the first half for some reason, He was due to put up a stinker but i think we can all agree that no one ever thought he could be that bad. He looked like Kaepernick out there lmao.

The corner fade was under thrown but Kearse also should a fought better for position OR bear hugged the dam CB and just get a OPI if need be ... He didn't fight for it at all.... The O-line played exceptionally bad though, couple injuries and Unger forgetting how to actually snap the ball to his QB in rhythm also hurt... Unger was TICKING me off ... But again in all fairness to Russ EVERYONE was playing bad... Russ didn't have a chance to get momentum going with dropped passes and bad O-line play early.... and trust me I'm not looking for excuses for Russ, he was off... but he also didn't get any help and it certainly wasn't all on him..

Last edited by a moderator:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC said the wind also played a factor on both underthrown balls to Kearse. Not sure if thats true, but plausible. We have seen RW underthrow before though so it is tough to say. I think the slippery ball played a factor in the tipped interceptions. At that point though you might say it is on RW because it might be a bad decision to try and squeeze it in on a route over the middle with help coming.

Personally, I think he ate up the praise of the quick throws a bit much because it really seemed he was trying to force the ball into tight spots a few times. He may have had to due to the contain defense that GB was playing though. No escape routes if the first few reads weren't there.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For most of the game your defence out-Seahawked the Seahawks.

I was all prepared to type a 'congrats to the Packers for a helluva game' post...

then I got distracted.

then I never finished it.