• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "Where the Hell Do I Post This" Thread - 2014

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we need a thread where we can put anything NFL related that's not the draft, game thread, worthy of its own thread, or humorous like the BS Thread. So, here's mine. I will add to it whenever I have a "where the hell do I put this" moment. (That's what she said he said?)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone tell me why this is a penalty on the offense? Is it because he kept running? Is it because he didn't strap it on well enough? It seems like it could be exploited by the defense or should be a defensive penalty (or nothing). I mean, why would an offensive player remove his helmet mid-play? At best, it's stops a play. To me, penalties should only be there if doing the action penalized would give the player an advantage if not called or is intentional or a personal foul (fighting or taunting doesn't (directly) benefit, but should be penalized).

I understand why the play is dead, just not the penalty.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind, there was an illegal shift by the offense, too. Disregard. :doh: Often in life, when things don't make sense, there's another explanation that makes the wonder irrelevant.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent looking logo, but I can't get over the fact that it looks like a home plate.

I think it's supposed to look like a heart. But with Jackson on the team, maybe it's a gang sign? :P

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it replicates all the surgical scars on his knee.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Harbaugh tells why there wasn't post-SB hug with Jim

"Once again, brothers John and Jim Harbaugh were gathered in a football setting this weekend. And, once again, the older brother got in the final word.

John, the Baltimore Ravens head coach, was honored Saturday at the Miami (Ohio) University for induction into the school’s Cradle of Coaches. The 49ers coach was in attendance to support his brother.

During his induction speech, which was posted on BaltimoreRavens.com, John Harbaugh told a story about the post-Super Bowl XLVII handshake.

“I’ve never told this story publicly, but I’m going to tell it now,” Harbaugh said with his brother sitting four seats away at the head table.

John said in the moments after the Ravens’ 34-31 victory, he felt bad a twinge of bittersweet emotions.

“Because at the same time you had that great feeling, you feel bad for your brother,” John Harbaugh said. “Not as bad as I would’ve felt for myself if we’d lost, but I did feel bad.”

John Harbaugh said he was anticipating an embrace with his brother after the game as they men approached each other near midfield.

“I walk up across the field to shake his hand, and he’s a big, strapping guy. I look at him and I’m going to give him a little man hug, a little bro hug to say congratulations,” John Harbaugh said.

John demonstrated how he went in for the hug, but his brother warded him off with an outstretched forearm to the chest.

“He steps in just like that and says, ‘There’ll be no hug,’” John said. ( :laugh3: )

The two brothers will gather again on the football field on Aug. 7 when the 49ers and Ravens play in the exhibition opener for both teams. Then, the 49ers will remain on the East Coast for four days of joint practices."

Had to post this just for the one quip attributed to Jimmy James Harbaugh.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish he would shut up about this. I think if he knew they didn't want him to keep talking publicly about gay rights and would lose his job for doing so, he should have stopped talking. I don't think that he made a difference in the vote or at least he couldn't have known he was going to have that big effect. He has the right to speak and the NFL teams shouldn't fire or tell players not to speak their mind, but it is not very smart, in my opinion to risk your livelihood for what little he did. (Gay rights may be very important, but again, the risk outweighed his reward when he wasn't going to be the deal maker with the law.)

Former Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe considering filing workplace discrimination lawsuit against team - ESPN

The worse things, like making homophobic remarks, isn't his injury and not really a crime. Of course, civil suits don't require a crime and hearing these remarks can be offensive - but speaking out against those remarks aren't what he was off the team for. Performance is part if it (though he suggests they sabotaged him there).

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, Kluwe doesn't identify as gay, so I'm not sure if discrimination applies in his case. Kluwe had the right to champion LGBT rights, but lets be honest and admit that he was doing it, at least partially, for personal gain. And even though he has the right to speak his mind, that does not mean he is above reproach and protected against any repercussions in response to his comments.

Kluwe knows that a lawsuit will destroy his chances of ever playing again, but he's too butt hurt (lawls) and self absorbed to accept personal responsibility for his actions, even if he was called a fag by his ST coach.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, Kluwe doesn't identify as gay, so I'm not sure if discrimination applies in his case. Kluwe had the right to champion LGBT rights, but lets be honest and admit that he was doing it, at least partially, for personal gain. And even though he has the right to speak his mind, that does not mean he is above reproach and protected against any repercussions in response to his comments.

Kluwe knows that a lawsuit will destroy his chances of ever playing again, but he's too butt hurt (lawls) and self absorbed to accept personal responsibility for his actions, even if he was called a fag by his ST coach.

If you remove what he was speaking out for (gay rights) and just made it general - that he was speaking out for something the team thought was a distraction - his "injury" would be his inability to speak his mind or bring fired for it - not a crime (as freedom of speech protects one from the government, not private parties (NFL)) and not discrimination - no one can speak up so much as to be a distraction. I'm sure if a pro-marriage is man and woman player created the distraction or a guns rights or a tea partier, etc. became a distraction, they'd tell them to shut up, too and if he wasn't performing well enough to put up with it (see Aldon Smith), they'd cut them, too. So where's the discrimination? That all Kluwes were cut/not extended and non-Kluwes were?

I'm sure people want to see it as not a performance thing but rather a freedom of speech or gay rights (homophobia) thing - when neither apply to this situation. He ignored their calls to not be a distraction, didn't perform all that well, admittedly knew that he was going to be canned because of it, proceeded, was surprised, and now is considering suing? Goodness. Be smart, weigh the risks and rewards (that is if he even wanted to play anymore) - he wasn't that influential and he lost his job because he thought he was - oh, and that little thing called performance.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went to Alex Smith's commencement address. My sister's fiancé graduated today. It was pretty good and personal. A couple of notes:

1. Said that given his common name, he should change his jersey to say, "Dr. Smith." (He received an honorary doctorate for his foster kids scholarship program.)

2. He said that Urban Meyer's favorite saying was, "If where you want to be is not where you are, you have to do something different than you are doing." Simple, but true (he also worded that better). Practically speaking, that meant understanding your weaknesses and working on them, not hiding them. It also included embracing the new. 7 offensive coordinators in seven years (he also acknowledged being able to learn from their knowledge).

3. He said his father was the principal of his high school, the maker of his schedule. As schedule maker, his father scheduled a public speaking competition. Ironically, his first topic was, "Overpaid Athletes."

4. He said that when he was in the draft process, he was trying to be the perfect interviewer, perfect professional, etc. when selected first, he tried to "not screw up." "Don't throw an interception. don't fumble the ball. Don't line up behind the guard."

5. He said his beginning years were such a challenge, but nothing worse than - he stopped and said it was better to demonstrate it. He instructed everyone to stand up and boo him, call him a bust, and "you ruined my fantasy team!" Said that if they wanted they could boo some other quarterbacks, Manning, Brady, "or if you want to be really creative (sarcastically) Kaepernick." (Crowd booed laughingly.) he recounted the "We Want Carr!" chants. He said it was nationally televised, 80,000 or do, and the worst part, "it was the home team. The very people he had been working so hard to do well for." He said that we all will have times where we fail or feel like you weren't doing what you should."

6. He said that there actually was a worse feeling. He had finally felt he had turned the corner, was going to take the next step. He was playing his best ball and winning, when he had his concussion. Didn't blame Harbaugh or anyone, just said that there are times in all our lives where what we think is going to happen, doesn't. We can sulk or move on and control what you can control. To be on the SB field as captain was hard.

7. I felt it was honest, funny, and never bitter. He talked about challenges, but he never said it was unfair. The Kaepernick quip was obviously a joke.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
God damn.. I can't believe people were that ignorant... We Want Carr.. We Want Carr... What a bunch of fools.

Reading that I feel bad for him. Especially the super bowl line..