• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "Where the Hell Do I Post This" Thread - 2014

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, last one for real this time. I doubt many if anyone is going to watch the whole thing, but it's here if you'd like.

[YOUTUBE]4E-2AtyI_I8[/YOUTUBE]

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Richard Sherman: NFL wouldn’t ban a Donald Sterling-type owner

"NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has been almost universally praised for banning Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life after Sterling was recorded making racist remarks. But one of the NFL’s most prominent players says that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell wouldn’t stand up to an owner the way Silver did.

Asked in an interview with Time if he thinks Goodell would act the same way, Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman answered, “No I don’t.

Sherman elaborated that the NFL has an opportunity to show leadership on racial sensitivity by changing the name of the Washington Redskins. Instead, the NFL is refusing to take a stand.

“Because we have an NFL team called the Redskins. I don’t think the NFL really is as concerned as they show. The NFL is more of a bottom line league. If it doesn’t effect their bottom line, they’re not as concerned,” Sherman said.

Goodell said this week on NFL Network that he sees no connection between the Sterling issue and the Redskins issue, but Sherman says the discussion about Sterling using racially offensive words should also initiate a discussion about Daniel Snyder owning a team that uses a name many consider offensive.

Sherman’s new status as one of the highest-paid players in the NFL isn’t changing his status as one of the most outspoken players in the NFL."

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT IF NFL TEAMS WERE ANIME

If you don't want to look at them all, here is the anime inspired Niners logo:

49ers.png

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the sports world, not police or politics, would you give up some of the inside anonymous reports (those that are true) if it meant that people couldn't just make shit up and cite anonymous sources? If the world just treated everything cited from anonymous sources as so fake that reputable journalists wouldn't use it and when one did no one believed him/her?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady Quinn critical of Manziel's behavior in ?money phone? video

In an interview Tuesday on SiriusXM NFL radio, former Browns quarterback Brady Quinn ripped Johnny Manziel for the infamous 'money phone' Instagram video, in which a woozy Manziel pretends a huge stack of money is his phone, but he "can't hear you because there's too money in my f------ hand!', Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

"I just don't think it's right,'' Quinn told Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan on Movin the Chains. "I don't think it's respectful to the other veteran players too right now that are probably taking care of their bodies, trying to prepare to go into a winning season right now instead of doing things like that off the field.''

Quinn, who also criticized Manziel for his Vegas antics over Memorial Day Weekend, admonished the rookie for disrespecting the amazing opportunity he's been given by the Browns. Manziel signed his four-year contract worth $8.25 million on Tuesday.

"I think he has all the ability in the world,'' said Quinn, a fellow No. 22 overall pick of the Browns and currently a free agent. "He's probably got the best offensive coordinator for him to succeed and he's got some talent around him, especially if (Josh) Gordon ends up not being suspended. The thing I'm most worried about is what you're kind of seeing off the field."

"Some people say you can work hard and play hard, but I think my biggest issue is when you're drafted in the first round, you're the face of the franchise. And when you've got a video that comes out like that, I understand he's trying to have a good time and live his life off the field, but there's a little kid watching that, and now he's looking up to him as a role model and for me personally, I have a little bit of an issue with it. I don't think that's the way you want to conduct yourself."

"I always revert back to Russell Wilson only because he's so young, and he's been so successful, but you see all the time his good works,'' said Quinn. "When he's out there on camera, or out there on twitter or whatever it is, he's at a hospital with sick kids, giving them gifts, trying to brighten up their day. "

"That's the kind of role model [Russell Wilson] I'd want for my franchise and I don't understand why (Manziel) can't interject more of it into his life. He's got such a following."

Quinn also spoke out against Tebow because Quinn thought he earned the backup job. Quinn speaking out against a QB who could outperform Quinn without being any good isn't surprising.

As far as lessons and advice, I'd avoid speaking out when being a free agent when teams would be looking at him as a backup or veteran leader backup to a rookie. It looks defensive or jealous, given that Tebow was his teammate and Cleveland his draft team. Maybe he wants to be a critic not a backup player? Another link to Tebow: Quinn may want to be what he isn't (still a starter, still on the Bowns, a critic) more than a football player (like Tebow and being a QB over any other position).

No, I'm not a fan of Tebow or Quinn.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rule is stupid, but I remember Vernon Davis getting flagged in the NFCC 2011 game after jumping onto the camera table. I didn't like that we were flagged, but knew it was under that rule a stupid but correctly called foul. Then, I thought about other instances where players used the same type thing like the dunking the field goal posts or the Lambeau Leap. Someone said the Lambeau Leap was grandfathered in (as in it was ok because it was allowed before a certain point, before the rule took place) but then, so did the FG post dunking. So were a lot of other things that happen that cause rules to be put into place - they'd be grandfathered in, too, would they not? I mean they were legal at the time too, right?

Jimmy Graham of New Orleans Saints flagged for dunk - ESPN

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"When the competition committee defined unsportsmanlike celebrations and celebrations, it grandfathered in the Lambeau Leap provided that only one person jumps in the stands,'' St. Louis Rams coach and competition committee member Jeff Fisher told USA TODAY Sports Wednesday. "And it also made it illegal to celebrate using anything as a prop whether it was a pen or a ball or what have you, but that allowed players to in essence use the goal post as a prop to dunk or shoot, whatever."

Still don't get why it is grandfathered in and others are not - yes, I know, it's grandfathered in because the rule makers specifically mentioned it and the leap can be seen less direct of an unsportsmanlike conduct than dunking over the posts when the rule is against that very thing. But field goal posts not being a prop could have been argued, grandfathered in if they were adding other celebrations, etc.