• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 'Where the Bears will end up drafting' thread

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll confess, I'm confused (cue the smart aleck responses). This article I'm linking here claims in a tiebreaker, the Broncos would edge the Bears in draft position due to a weaker strength of schedule.

Yet everywhere I check, I see the Bears with a weaker schedule, which should give them the tiebreaker, unless I'm missing the obvious. Here's an example from CBS.com:

So which is it? If anyone knows the SOS and it's draft implications better, I'm all eyes.
2022 SOS not 2021 I believe.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022 SOS not 2021 I believe.
I know, but I thought the only way to determine the current year's SOS is to go by the previous season's records. Maybe that's what I'm not grasping.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, speaking of '23 free agents, I'm kinda keeping an eye on Josh Jacobs. He's by far having his best season, at least with respect to running the ball - his receiving numbers are down tho. In any event, I think he's be an upgrade to DM, altho he'd undoubtedly cost more $$$. The only questions remaining would be if the Raiders were to tag him (unlikely but you never know) or still work out some kind of extension.

tom_goldmine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere grey pubes is saying who cares where we draft since it doesn’t guarantee us a SB anyway.

—Good grief. We definitely have the dumbest fans. Thank goodness I’m here.

I'm a little slow. Last year you said the Bears should tank to get a higher draft pick, right? How would that have helped the Bears?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What QB can we take?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, speaking of '23 free agents, I'm kinda keeping an eye on Josh Jacobs. He's by far having his best season, at least with respect to running the ball - his receiving numbers are down tho. In any event, I think he's be an upgrade to DM, altho he'd undoubtedly cost more $$$. The only questions remaining would be if the Raiders were to tag him (unlikely but you never know) or still work out some kind of extension.
Stop... Shelling out money to a RB? A rebuilding team?

No

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop... Shelling out money to a RB? A rebuilding team?

No
Just sayin' I'm keeping an eye out. Jacobs is still pretty much NFL young. Granted in his 4 years with the Raiders, he has a lot of mileage under him. Still, he'll only be 25 next season and the man has turned into not just a workhorse, but a damn productive one at that. Will Poles go after him? Probably not, but if he did, I'd be just peachy with it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm no. Spending top dollars on a RB with a history of injuries would be a disaster esp with such glaring needs on both lines. You know, the positions that are actually more important.

I'm not even a fan of going crazy in free agency. I prefer we build through the draft. Couple more years like this year would go a long way. But Poles really screwed up giving up a 2nd for Claypool. This is the kind of move you should be fired for.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I've been mulling it, mulling it, and finally mulling it some more. And I'm ready to declare that so long as the Bears end up with a top 5 slot, and we all know at the moment they're sitting at #2, Poles will trade down for multiple picks. There, it's settled. :cool2:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I've been mulling it, mulling it, and finally mulling it some more. And I'm ready to declare that so long as the Bears end up with a top 5 slot, and we all know at the moment they're sitting at #2, Poles will trade down for multiple picks. There, it's settled. :cool2:
I wouldn’t pass up on the best young pass rusher in the draft.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just perusing standings and schedules:

Bears lose out: 2-3 pick (most likely 3)

Bears win 1: 5-7 pick

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just perusing standings and schedules:

Bears lose out: 2-3 pick (most likely 3)

Bears win 1: 5-7 pick
You've done more homework than me. I'm still trying to figure why if we lose out we could still lose our #2 slot to I believe is supposedly Denver, assuming they too lose their remaining games. Da Bearssss were tied for the 8th easiest schedule and of those 8 teams in front, only Detroit and Jacksonville currently have losing records. So the "competition" for a better draft slot is in our favor for the most part.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've done more homework than me. I'm still trying to figure why if we lose out we could still lose our #2 slot to I believe is supposedly Denver, assuming they too lose their remaining games. Da Bearssss were tied for the 8th easiest schedule and of those 8 teams in front, only Detroit and Jacksonville currently have losing records. So the "competition" for a better draft slot is in our favor for the most part.
Correction: Pittsburgh, who's tied with us for the 8th easiest schedule, also has a losing record, but it's 5-7. The chances of us catching them, even if they didn't win again this year, are slim to none and slim was last seen leaving the building with Elvis. I still like our chances to land at least in the top 5, even if we sneak in an additional dub. Where we'd get that win, I have no idea. Here's our remaining schedule:

vs Philly
vs Buffalo
@Detroit
vs Minny

Zero chance at whuppin' those first two. Ok, maybe not zero, so I'll run with infinitesimal. Perhaps 3 months ago I might have added a win against the Lions, but they're actually playing some damn good football at the present. If we were at full strength, I would have normally loved our chances at beating the Vikes in our house in the dead of winter. But they'll likely be fighting for a seeding position in the playoffs, so they will be going full bore against us.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Denver trade away their 1st (and bunch of other picks) to Seattle for R Wilson? Seattle is going to be very good very fast. They are doing it right building through the draft.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smart move would be to tank but if this board is any indication people are not very smart.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smart move would be to tank but if this board is any indication people are not very smart.

GorgeousBigFowl-size_restricted.gif

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Denver trade away their 1st (and bunch of other picks) to Seattle for R Wilson? Seattle is going to be very good very fast. They are doing it right building through the draft.

I think I seen last Sundays top 10 picks and the Eagles had the 6h or 7th pick thru NO........
Damn,thats scary to think.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona winning vs. NE tonight means a top 5 pick whether we lose out or win just 1 more game. So I guess go Cardinals.

At this point:

Losing out = 2 or 3 pick

Winning 1 more= Somewhere in the 3-6 range (3-5 with AZ win tonight)

Biggest games for Bears draft pick scoreboard watchers will be Broncos/Cardinals next week and Broncos/Rams on Christmas.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna post this in the Mooney and Cole Kmet thread, but for some reason it's been locked?:noidea:...

Cole Kmet averaged 6.1 yards of separation on his 7 targets against the Packers, turning them into six receptions for 72 yards. He has 4 yards average of separation on the season, tied for 5th-best in the NFL.

Must be those poor route-running skills. :rolleyes2: