• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The way-too-early 2020 draft scenario

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article touches a little on specific players, but also lays out the draft slots for us next year, along with discussing potential positions of need. What impressed me is we're going to have more picks than we've had in some time - altho with Pace, don't be surprised if he packages a few of these to move up.

2020 NFL draft: Way-too-early preview of potential Bears needs and targets - Windy City Gridiron

I remember in another post on this similar subject that, while the odds would be a bit long, it's not out of the question that the Raiders 1st round pick they got from us in the Mack trade ends up back-back to our 2nd round pick we received from them. Wouldn't that be a hoot!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be, but given some of the additions they've made (AB, etc.) I think they'll be somewhat formidable. Still could easily be in the top ten. #1 seems like a reach, though.

Either way, I loved the Mack trade at the time. The fact that we are well positioned to potentially relinquish only two picks in the bottom 10 slots of the first round? While they could give us a top ten in the 2nd? Man, that's really nice.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m excited to see what pace delivers. I think you already see him trying to replace haha with Denmark. We will probably see Pace bring in some competition at that position via draft and FA.

You probably want to start thinking about replacing Trevathan, unless he wants to sign with us cheap. You can’t go wrong with an edge rusher early.

It’s wise to keep stocking Dlinemen and Olinemen.

If Trubisky has another iffy year, I wouldn’t be surprised if they take a QB in an earlier round. They might take one anyway to replace chase.

I think we have our core ILB, OLB, FS, CB, and hopefully QB, OT, OG, C, RB, and WR. The offense is up in the air, but the rest of the players we sign or draft will probably be 1 and done contracts.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Trubisky’s first iffy year?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm certainly not "sold" on Trubisky as being a future elite/staple QB in the NFL for 10-15 years to come (yet). However, he was certainly "good" last season and has only grown with time/reps.

For what it's worth. I thought the biggest thing lost in the midst of the Parkey miss was what appeared to be a HUGE growing up moment for Trubisky with those two amazingly clutch drives in the 4th quarter. Which included some undeniably fantastic throws. If Parkey simply sinks a routine kick, the headline coming out of that game is probably "Mitch Trubisky turned a corner in the 4th quarter vs Philly".

Man, until my dying day, I will always wonder how the hell that post-season would have played out if he makes that kick. The rematch at LAR would have been very interesting, we really seemed to matchup well with them. Especially with Jackson likely being healthy. Nobody was "clearly" better than us last year. In the entire league...