• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My way too early BPA board

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lied to you all, my fellow Bears diehards. I said a while back that I wouldn't talk about creating a list of specific players for draft consideration until the combines, pro days, and free agency period ended. All along I had been kinda putting together my personal BPA board, but thought it best to wait until the aforementioned activities were complete before finalizing and posting. But then I figured WTF, why not just put it out there early and see how things progress as the draft draws near. In fact, I was thinking it might be fun to see the inevitable changes to this board that I'll make after the dust settles and the smoke clears - kinda before and after, so to speak. So without further adieu, let's light this candle:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Will Anderson, DE/Edge, Alabama - Reclaimed his #1 spot after adding the needed weight (all muscle) to handle the 4-3 position
2. Tyree Wilson, DE/Edge, Texas Tech - No qualms whatsoever if Anderson is gone, he might be the better fit anyway in Flus' defensive schemes
3. Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio St - Prefer his length and knowing he's played against many top tier teams, should easily transition to the pros
4. Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - The consensus top OT in the draft, but his short arms may eventually relegate him to the guard spot
5. Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT, Northwestern - Too short for DE, too light for DT? Hey, he's relentless and his combine numbers were insane
6. Jackson Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State - The only wideout worthy of a 1st round for the Bears and that's only if we've traded back far enough
7. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon - Best CB in the draft. Not likely Poles uses his top pick on a CB, but if he does, here's our guy
8. Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson - Probably the best DT not named Jalen Carter, but minus the baggage
9. Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama - Three down back with blazing speed and toughness, I like him even better than Bijan Robinson
10. Nolan Smith, OLB, Georgia - Speed is this guy's game, he's 6'2/238 lbs, yet ran an unbelievable 4.39 40 at the combine
11. Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia - Obvious top 3 draft talent, but his legal issues might dog him for some time, yet some team will take him in the 1st
12. Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas - Considered a top 5 draft talent and ranked as the top RB, no shocker if he's taken before Gibbs
13. Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh - A bit of a tweener, size-wise on the DL, but the man is explosive and that matters when lining up on the inside
14. Lukas Van Ness, DE/Edge, Iowa - He's popular amongst Bears fans, nice combination of size, speed, and strength
15. Devin Witherspoon, CB, Illinois - Might have been the top rated CB, but no participation at the combine may have caused him to slip
16. Trenton Simpson, OLB, Clemson - Good speed, hard hitter, well suited for the Will spot
17. Steve Avila, G/C, TCU - Might be the best non-OT in the draft, good versatility as he'll handle both guard positions as well as center
18. Myles Murphy, DE/Edge, Clemson - Another high end player choosing not to do much at the combine, likely waiting for his pro day
19. Quentin Johnston, WR TCU - Many feel he's the top WR in this year's class, but his stock has been falling a bit of late
20. Zay Flowers, WR, Boston - Just the opposite, his stock has been rising with nice showings at the Shrine Bowl and recent combine
21. Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia - Big dawg is not the highest rated TE in this draft, but might be the most balanced with blocking & receiving
22. Brian Branch, S, Alabama - Regarded by just about all as the top safety in the draft and the top of any position always brings big value
23. O'Cyrus Torrance, G, Florida - Highest rated pure guard, he must represent in the LSD BPA board, a beast for the ground game
24. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota - Another popular pick amongst Bears fans, maybe the best true center in a draft deep in this position
25. Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee - Didn't run as fast in the 40 as many expected, but still considered a good route runner and super athletic

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Will Anderson, DE/Edge, Alabama - Reclaimed his #1 spot after adding the needed weight (all muscle) to handle the 4-3 position
2. Tyree Wilson, DE/Edge, Texas Tech - No qualms whatsoever if Anderson is gone, he might be the better fit anyway in Flus' defensive schemes
3. Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio St - Prefer his length and knowing he's played against many top tier teams, should easily transition to the pros
4. Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - The consensus top OT in the draft, but his short arms may eventually relegate him to the guard spot
5. Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT, Northwestern - Too short for DE, too light for DT? Hey, he's relentless and his combine numbers were insane
6. Jackson Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State - The only wideout worthy of a 1st round for the Bears and that's only if we've traded back far enough
7. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon - Best CB in the draft. Not likely Poles uses his top pick on a CB, but if he does, here's our guy
8. Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson - Probably the best DT not named Jalen Carter, but minus the baggage
9. Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama - Three down back with blazing speed and toughness, I like him even better than Bijan Robinson
10. Nolan Smith, OLB, Georgia - Speed is this guy's game, he's 6'2/238 lbs, yet ran an unbelievable 4.39 40 at the combine
11. Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia - Obvious top 3 draft talent, but his legal issues might dog him for some time, yet some team will take him in the 1st
12. Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas - Considered a top 5 draft talent and ranked as the top RB, no shocker if he's taken before Gibbs
13. Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh - A bit of a tweener, size-wise on the DL, but the man is explosive and that matters when lining up on the inside
14. Lukas Van Ness, DE/Edge, Iowa - He's popular amongst Bears fans, nice combination of size, speed, and strength
15. Devin Witherspoon, CB, Illinois - Might have been the top rated CB, but no participation at the combine may have caused him to slip
16. Trenton Simpson, OLB, Clemson - Good speed, hard hitter, well suited for the Will spot
17. Steve Avila, G/C, TCU - Might be the best non-OT in the draft, good versatility as he'll handle both guard positions as well as center
18. Myles Murphy, DE/Edge, Clemson - Another high end player choosing not to do much at the combine, likely waiting for his pro day
19. Quentin Johnston, WR TCU - Many feel he's the top WR in this year's class, but his stock has been falling a bit of late
20. Zay Flowers, WR, Boston - Just the opposite, his stock has been rising with nice showings at the Shrine Bowl and recent combine
21. Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia - Big dawg is not the highest rated TE in this draft, but might be the most balanced with blocking & receiving
22. Brian Branch, S, Alabama - Regarded by just about all as the top safety in the draft and the top of any position always brings big value
23. O'Cyrus Torrance, G, Florida - Highest rated pure guard, he must represent in the LSD BPA board, a beast for the ground game
24. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota - Another popular pick amongst Bears fans, maybe the best true center in a draft deep in this position
25. Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee - Didn't run as fast in the 40 as many expected, but still considered a good route runner and super athletic
If Carter is there at 9, I'll hafta to take a day off of work due to excessive masturbation.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carter is there at 9, I'll hafta to take a day off of work due to excessive masturbation.

Hes a waste of human flesh.......

So you think its ok to leave your friends to die in a horrific car crash......??

I dont.........

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One nice thing about my way-too-early BPA board is it only knocks two players out of consideration, Anderson and Wilson. The rest are all in play. When putting my list together I had already factored in the possibility that we'd trade our of the top 5. In fact Carolina was always considered a top candidate for the trade back. So there remains some damn fine talent there at the 9 spot.

BTW, I never got the chance to state that the one main position left out of my list was the QB, knowing full well there would be zero chance of us using our first pick (or any of the first 3-4 rounds for that matter) on a QB. It's just during the time I was finishing it up and ready to post, the trade happened. Oh well, it was fun putting it together anyway.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes a waste of human flesh.......

So you think its ok to leave your friends to die in a horrific car crash......??

I dont.........

Such a bizarre situation

Came out way late and people died?

Crazy

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a bizarre situation

Came out way late and people died?

Crazy

What’s the story?

Back when I was around 22 yrs old,me and 3 others closed up the local bar and decided to take our motorcycles for a ride.......
Coming back in town we were living it up,you know,young kids drunk and having fun.......
Well on the way back about a mile out of ....one of the guys ran his bike in the ditch and tried ridiing it out,he ended up flipping his bike and broke his right lower leg in two places......
We stopped and and did the best to help him out as one guy rode off to use a phone to call 911 of course.........

He went thru different operations to get his leg healed the correct way,which has never happened......His leg has healed with a huge curve in it and says if he was to break that leg again,its probably gonna be amputated.....

Friends stick by each other,not fucking run like a coward.......I spose in Carters case,we could have left him out there to let someone find him.....no cellphones back in those days.....if we would have left,maybe he would have lost that leg or even bled out........

I would never of done that to friend,let alone someone I didnt know......

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back when I was around 22 yrs old,me and 3 others closed up the local bar and decided to take our motorcycles for a ride.......
Coming back in town we were living it up,you know,young kids drunk and having fun.......
Well on the way back about a mile out of ....one of the guys ran his bike in the ditch and tried ridiing it out,he ended up flipping his bike and broke his right lower leg in two places......
We stopped and and did the best to help him out as one guy rode off to use a phone to call 911 of course.........

He went thru different operations to get his leg healed the correct way,which has never happened......His leg has healed with a huge curve in it and says if he was to break that leg again,its probably gonna be amputated.....

Friends stick by each other,not fucking run like a coward.......I spose in Carters case,we could have left him out there to let someone find him.....no cellphones back in those days.....if we would have left,maybe he would have lost that leg or even bled out........

I would never of done that to friend,let alone someone I didnt know......
What’s the story with Carter? I just heard he was street racing and it’s being linked to two deaths in a crash. I am not sure if the details have been released, are you certain he was part of their deaths?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Adebawore that much better than Kancey? I'm working on my big board and I have them right next to each other

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Adebawore that much better than Kancey? I'm working on my big board and I have them right next to each other
Maybe, maybe not not. He's a little bigger, but what made Adebawore shoot up my board was his incredible performance at the combine. Not that Kancey's numbers were chopped liver, but I was just super impressed with Adebawore overall.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the story with Carter? I just heard he was street racing and it’s being linked to two deaths in a crash. I am not sure if the details have been released, are you certain he was part of their deaths?

From what I gathered,he admitted to the racing,they caught him on surviellance at a stop light.....
He says he was a mile ahead of them from the crash......
At first he said he was not there till they got him on camera.....
And then says he was a mile ahead of then??

Ya ok,if anyone wants to buy that story.......

The details I seen were on CBS news a few weeks ago.......Im sure theres a link to that......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to an article in one of the local rags, Poles believes seven "blue" players are worth taking at the No. 1 pick. Clearly, he's confident in this year's crop by trading back as far as the ninth pick.

We all know that at least three and possibly four QBs will be taken before he picks. This assures him that he'll have 2-3 of his blue chippers still on the board when it's time to select. Would love to be a fly on the wall learning who those seven are.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to an article in one of the local rags, Poles believes seven "blue" players are worth taking at the No. 1 pick. Clearly, he's confident in this year's crop by trading back as far as the ninth pick.

We all know that at least three and possibly four QBs will be taken before he picks. This assures him that he'll have 2-3 of his blue chippers still on the board when it's time to select. Would love to be a fly on the wall learning who those seven are.
Do you think they are a widely agreed upon elite 7? Or do you think Poles likes some later round picks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they are a widely agreed upon elite 7? Or do you think Poles likes some later round picks.
All I can surmise is by "blue" he's talking blue chippers, as in can't miss caliber types of players. Which BTW I don't think there are all that many, altho I do feel in general this is a deeper than average draft overall. I would just love to know who he has making up those seven players.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not not. He's a little bigger, but what made Adebawore shoot up my board was his incredible performance at the combine. Not that Kancey's numbers were chopped liver, but I was just super impressed with Adebawore overall.
I'm struggling with a big board because there are some prospects that are way riskier than others. Hard to average out floors and ceilings. Some guys I have boom/bust like Levis and Richardson will go higher than safer prospects because they are QBs. I think Kancey is safer than Adebawore just due to hand usage, leverage, and technique but the Northwesterner has a nutty athletic upside that is higher than Kancey. But this is how I see the draft:

Top 3
Bryce Young

Top 10
CJ Stroud
Will Anderson Jr
Tyree Wilson
Jalen Carter
Paris Johnson Jr
Christian Gonzalez

Top 20
Bijan Robinson
Devon Witherspoon
Dalton Kincaid
Jaxon Smith-Njigba
Darnell Wright
Peter Skoronski

Rd1 (Boom/Bust)
Will Levis
Anthony Richardson
Quentin Johnston
Luke Van Ness
Nolan Smith
Myles Murphy
Adetomiwa Adebawore
Broderick Jones
Joey Porter Jr
Dawand Jones
Darnell Washington
Brian Bresee
Mazi Smith

Rd1-2
Calijah Kancey
Anton Harrison
Cam Smith
Brian Branch
Zay Flowers
Jahmyr Gibbs
Michael Mayer
Jordan Addison
Josh Downs

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm struggling with a big board because there are some prospects that are way riskier than others. Hard to average out floors and ceilings. Some guys I have boom/bust like Levis and Richardson will go higher than safer prospects because they are QBs. I think Kancey is safer than Adebawore just due to hand usage, leverage, and technique but the Northwesterner has a nutty athletic upside that is higher than Kancey. But this is how I see the draft:

Top 3
Bryce Young

Top 10
CJ Stroud
Will Anderson Jr
Tyree Wilson
Jalen Carter
Paris Johnson Jr
Christian Gonzalez

Top 20
Bijan Robinson
Devon Witherspoon
Dalton Kincaid
Jaxon Smith-Njigba
Darnell Wright
Peter Skoronski

Rd1 (Boom/Bust)
Will Levis
Anthony Richardson
Quentin Johnston
Luke Van Ness
Nolan Smith
Myles Murphy
Adetomiwa Adebawore
Broderick Jones
Joey Porter Jr
Dawand Jones
Darnell Washington
Brian Bresee
Mazi Smith

Rd1-2
Calijah Kancey
Anton Harrison
Cam Smith
Brian Branch
Zay Flowers
Jahmyr Gibbs
Michael Mayer
Jordan Addison
Josh Downs
That's a good and very inclusive list. I pretty much agree with the rankings and predicted draft outcomes. I should have mentioned in my original listings that the 25 names I had on there are fully expected to be taken within the first two rounds. I'd be surprised if any of them slipped to round 3. I mean, it seems every year some here and there do fall down the board, but I'm pretty sure most, if not all of these players will be taken early.