• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My way too early BPA board

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like having a shot at either OT at 9. Think Poles will be that predictable though?
Good question. I'm guessing it depends on how Poles handles free agency. For instance, if he was to sign two starters on the OL - say a tackle and a guard or center, then maybe drafting an OL with our 9th pick doesn't carry quite the urgency. Of course I stressed here that we're talking two actual starters, not just subs. He might only take on one proven starter, which would then leave it up in the air how he'd use that 9th pick.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. I'm guessing it depends on how Poles handles free agency. For instance, if he was to sign two starters on the OL - say a tackle and a guard or center, then maybe drafting an OL with our 9th pick doesn't carry quite the urgency. Of course I stressed here that we're talking two actual starters, not just subs. He might only take on one proven starter, which would then leave it up in the air how he'd use that 9th pick.
I wouldn’t mind taking an olineman either way, TBH. Oline is extremely important. Same with DLine. We need to get stacked on those fronts and then fill out the rest.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t mind taking an olineman either way, TBH. Oline is extremely important. Same with DLine. We need to get stacked on those fronts and then fill out the rest.
Hey, nothing wrong with stockpiling the OL. We all know how thin in terms of talent it has been for a number of years. Again, I think who Poles can sign or fails to sign in the coming weeks will help shape the direction he takes in the draft.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, nothing wrong with stockpiling the OL. We all know how thin in terms of talent it has been for a number of years. Again, I think who Poles can sign or fails to sign in the coming weeks will help shape the direction he takes in the draft.
Maybe. I think he’s going to be like me in fantasy football and go for the best value. If his blue chip player is there, he will take the player either way. I think Johnson and Skoronski will both be on that list and still there at our pick. It’s too perfect.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I think he’s going to be like me in fantasy football and go for the best value. If his blue chip player is there, he will take the player either way. I think Johnson and Skoronski will both be on that list and still there at our pick. It’s too perfect.
They should be there. I'll bet at least one of them definitely will be, if not both. And has been previously stated, it's quite possible that a minimum of three QBs are taken before we pick at #9. Hell, maybe even a fourth goes as well. That would mean only 4-5 non-QBs taken off the board by the time we're on the clock. This still leaves a pretty decent collection of talent waiting to be plucked. I'm liking our position very much.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be there. I'll bet at least one of them definitely will be, if not both. And has been previously stated, it's quite possible that a minimum of three QBs are taken before we pick at #9. Hell, maybe even a fourth goes as well. That would mean only 4-5 non-QBs taken off the board by the time we're on the clock. This still leaves a pretty decent collection of talent waiting to be plucked. I'm liking our position very much.
Whatever the pick is, Poles has earned my trust with his moves so far. I feel like his scouting HAS to be shit though or this team isn’t really the bears anymore.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'll dub my initial BPA as v1.0, with v2.0 coming sometime this weekend. The difference on this version will be the removal of WR names off the list. It was pretty much created to show the range of players I feel the Bears could target within the first two rounds. I didn't have a single QB listed because I knew there was a zero chance of Poles taking one. And now that we have a true #1 in DJ Moore under tow for the next 3 seasons, I feel the same about WRs, a zero chance as well that Poles grabs one. I know there are a number of JSN fans in the Bears universe that would still love to see him drafted, but it's simply not gonna happen, so might as well find other players in positions of need to fill the void. And the chances are that after free agency is over, there'll be a v3.0 coming then too.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's my BPA v2.0, which I deem to be just as temporary as v1.0, that is once the free agency period closes and we see who the Bears signed. A couple of quick notes, as previously stated, in this version I've removed all receivers, including the one TE, as I see no chance whatsoever of the Bears signing a WR/TE in their first two rounds. Doesn't mean it can't happen, it's not like I'm chillin with Poles and getting the skinny on a daily basis, so never say never. But I just don't see it. I've left safety Brian Branch in the mix, but only due to the outside possibility that Eddie Jackson gets cut. I'm not expecting this, but again you never know. And at least Branch is a top 10 talent worthy of a first pick. Anyway, here goes:

1. Will Anderson, DE/Edge, Alabama - Reclaimed his #1 spot after adding the needed weight (all muscle) to handle the 4-3 position
2. Tyree Wilson, DE/Edge, Texas Tech - No qualms whatsoever if Anderson is gone, he might be the better fit anyway in Flus' defensive schemes
3. Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio St - Prefer his length and knowing he's played against many top tier teams, should easily transition to the pros
4. Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - The consensus top OT in the draft, but his short arms may eventually relegate him to the guard spot
5. Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT, Northwestern - Too short for DE, too light for DT? Hey, he's relentless and his combine numbers were insane
6. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon - IMO, the best CB in the draft. Not likely Poles uses his top pick on a CB, but if he does, here's our guy
7. Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson - Probably the best DT not named Jalen Carter, but minus the baggage
8. Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama - Three down back with blazing speed and toughness, I like him even better than Bijan Robinson
9. Nolan Smith, OLB, Georgia - Speed is this guy's game, he's 6'2/238 lbs, yet ran an unbelievable 4.39 40 at the combine
10. Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia - Obvious top 3 draft talent, but legal issues might dog him for some time, yet some team will take him in the 1st
11. Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas - Considered a top 5 draft talent and ranked as the top RB, no shocker if he's taken before Gibbs
12. Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh - A bit of a tweener size-wise on the DL, but the man is explosive and that matters when lining up inside
13. Lukas Van Ness, DE/Edge, Iowa - He's popular amongst Bears fans, nice combination of size, speed, and strength
14. Devin Witherspoon, CB, Illinois - The consensus top rated CB, but no participation at both the combine & pro day has caused him to slip
15. Trenton Simpson, OLB, Clemson - Good speed, hard hitter, well suited for the Will spot
16. Steve Avila, G/C, TCU - Might be the best non-OT in the draft, good versatility as he'll handle both guard positions as well as center
17. Myles Murphy, DE/Edge, Clemson - Another high end player choosing not to do much at the combine, likely waiting for his pro day
18. Brian Branch, S, Alabama - Regarded by just about all as the top safety in the draft and the top of any position always brings big value
19. O'Cyrus Torrance, G, Florida - Highest rated pure guard, therefore he must represent in the LSD BPA board, a beast for the ground game
20. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota - Another popular pick amongst Bears fans, maybe the best true center in a draft deep in this position
21. Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia - Keeps climbing up numerous draft boards, so I'm hitching to his wagon
22. Deante Banks, CB, Maryland - Good size, plays both inside and outside coverage well, tremendous combine results
23. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee - Another board riser, a massive, powerful RT who'd fit right in with both the running and passing game
24. Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas St - Good size and bend, had excellent stats in final year, his upcoming pro day results might up his ranking
25. Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin - Solid career at UW and was one of the standouts at the Senior Bowl

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24. Felix Anudike-Uzomah, DE/Edge, Kansas St - Good size and bend, had excellent stats in final year, his upcoming pro day results might up his ranking

Sorry, forgot to add his position when I posted my v2.0 above, and it was too late to edit. My bad.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on our FA pickups, there’s a good 8 or so folks on that list that I would say are good pickups for us at 9…Most of your top ten and Van Ness/Murphy outside of it seem like viable options. Hell, I mean so many that trading down to 10–15 might not be a terrible option depending on how things go.

Despite the troubles I think taking Jalen Carter should be instant if he falls to is, prob not gonna happen though.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the free agency dust has settled somewhat, here's what I'm going to refer to as BPA v2.5 - not quite a full revision, more of a tweak to account for the all important OT & DT positions that Poles did not or could not sign, not to mention the loss of Montgomery. So a RB should at least be considered, altho I'm still not for taking one until the 3rd round at the earliest.

1. Will Anderson, DE/Edge, Alabama - Reclaimed his #1 spot after adding the needed weight (all muscle) to handle the 4-3 position
2. Tyree Wilson, DE/Edge, Texas Tech - No qualms whatsoever if Anderson is gone, he might be the better fit anyway in Flus' defensive schemes
3. Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio St - Prefer his length and knowing he's played against many top tier teams, should easily transition to the pros
4. Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - The consensus top OT in the draft, but his short arms may eventually relegate him to the guard spot
5. Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT, Northwestern - Too short for DE, too light for DT? Hey, he's relentless and his combine numbers were insane
6. Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson - Probably the best DT not named Jalen Carter, but minus the baggage, performed well at his pro day
7. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon - IMO, the best CB in the draft. Not likely Poles uses his top pick on a CB, but if he does, here's our guy
8. Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama - Three down back with blazing speed and toughness, I like him even better than Bijan Robinson
9. Nolan Smith, Edge/OLB, Georgia - Speed is this guy's game, he's 6'2/238 lbs, yet ran an unbelievable 4.39 40 at the combine
10. Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia - Obvious top 3 draft talent, but legal issues might dog him for some time, yet some team will take him in the 1st
11. Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas - Considered a top 5 draft talent and ranked as the top RB, no shocker if he's taken before Gibbs
12. Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh - A bit of a tweener size-wise on the DL, but the man is explosive and that matters when lining up inside
13. Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia - Keeps climbing up numerous draft boards, so I'm hitching to his wagon
14. Lukas Van Ness, DE/Edge, Iowa - He's popular amongst Bears fans, nice combination of size, speed, and strength
15. Devin Witherspoon, CB, Illinois - The consensus top rated CB, but no participation at both the combine & pro day has caused him to slip
16. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee - Another board riser, a massive, powerful RT who'd fit right in with both the running and passing game
17. Myles Murphy, DE/Edge, Clemson - Another high end player choosing not to do much at the combine, likely waiting for his pro day
18. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota - Another popular pick amongst Bears fans, maybe the best true center in a draft deep in this position
19. O'Cyrus Torrance, G, Florida - Highest rated pure guard, therefore he must represent in the LSD BPA board, a beast for the ground game
20. Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State - Right up there with Schmitz as the best center in the draft
21. Steve Avila, G/C, TCU - Might be the best non-OT in the draft, good versatility as he'll handle both guard positions as well as center
22. Deante Banks, CB, Maryland - Good size, plays both inside and outside coverage well, tremendous combine results
23. Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin - Solid career at UW and was one of the standouts at the Senior Bowl
24. Felix Anudike-Uzomah, DE/Edge, Kansas St - Good size & bend, excellent stats in his final year, his upcoming pro day results might up his ranking
25. Devon Archane, RB, Texas A&M - Smallish but super fast, good hands, strong for his size and build.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have waited to post my revised BPA until after this story concerning Carter's pro day came out:

With the horrible publicity surrounding that car accident episode, one would think the man would have shown up in the best shape of his life and give the full workout to regain his standing in the draft. To me it demonstrates laziness and a complete lack of discipline. I was already teetering on the fence as far as taking him if he's there at #9. If I was 50/50 on taking him then, I'm now 95/5 to not taking this slug. No excuse to show up like he did, none whatsoever.

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have waited to post my revised BPA until after this story concerning Carter's pro day came out:

With the horrible publicity surrounding that car accident episode, one would think the man would have shown up in the best shape of his life and give the full workout to regain his standing in the draft. To me it demonstrates laziness and a complete lack of discipline. I was already teetering on the fence as far as taking him if he's there at #9. If I was 50/50 on taking him then, I'm now 95/5 to not taking this slug. No excuse to show up like he did, none whatsoever.

Although Ive been wanting offense since day 1 at the end of the season because the def can wait,then along came the race.....and you already know what I think about him leaving them their,the story you just posted shows you what a shit for brains this type of guy is..........

No thanks!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being that I'm laser focused on just the #9 pick for the moment, I'm listing my BPA in order of wish list, with of course taking into account that it might change if the Bears make any significant moves between now and the draft.

1. Tyree Wilson, DE/Edge, Texas Tech - Easy assumption that Anderson is long gone, maybe Wilson as well. If he's gone, then.......
2. Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio St - ....We switch to OL, with Paris being first amongst equals
3. Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia - I've moved him past Skoronski, just liking more and more about what I read/see with this big fella
4. Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - Said it before, no problem if Poles was to pick what many feel is the best OL in the draft
5. Nolan Smith, Edge/OLB, Georgia - I know he's a bit small for a pure Edge, but I love his game film and his humble attitude
6a. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon - Kinda liking the idea of a 3rd lockdown CB patrolling the backfield in this pass-happy league
6b. Devin Witherspoon, CB, Illinois - Either/or
7. Myles Murphy, DE/Edge, Clemson - Still considered amongst the best DEs in the draft, just want to see his pro day results
8. Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT, Northwestern - My lone pick for representing the DT position, kid has a non-stop motor

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a bizarre situation

Came out way late and people died?

Crazy
the people dying part came out right away, his involvement in the situation is what came out way late.

After seeing a waste of oxygen in Tunsil keep going to the pro bowl and now a 25 million dollar tackle, some team is going to take him. I still think he is going to hold out unless he gets top 3 slot money, and that is also a big character trait. But I dont want to go reading anyones mind or anything.

As far as Myles, the players can sit out the playoffs and not lose much ground, no sense to get hurt at a combine.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This writer's BPA board is damn close to mine, altho I may have several players rearranged in order. Hopefully, Poles board is similar as well. After all, his is the only one that matters.

What I like of course is all but four on this board either man the OL or the DL. Two CBs. a RB, and a WR make the cut, but that's it, the rest are all in the trenches. And keep in mind it's probable that all 20 get taken in the 1st round. Maybe one or two slip into the 2nd, but I'm guessing that's it tops.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm down to 7 players at just 3 positions who I'd like to see Poles take with the #9 pick, and this assumes he doesn't trade back any further. I'm listing them in order of want:

1. Tyree Wilson, DE/Edge, Texas Tech - Still doubt he'll be there at 9, but if so, he's my dawg
2a. Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio St - Barely hanging on to my #2a spot, Jones coming on strong
2b. Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia - Many believe he has the highest ceiling of all the OTs in this grouping
2c. Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - May be more G material than OT due to his gator arms, but still rated as the draft's most polished OL
3. Nolan Smith, Edge/OLB, Georgia - My super climber, probably more fitted to a 3-4, but can't undervalue his athleticism and pro attitude
4a. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon - Shouldn't rule out Poles going this route, altho I won't bet the farm on it
4b. Devin Witherspoon, CB, Illinois - See 4a

So obviously by position, DE/Edge is atop my wish list, but only if Wilson is there at 9. If not, I switch over to one of the three OTs, and it's almost certain all three will be there when Poles is on the clock. The final three are who I feel where one of them might be atop Poles BPA board, at least once we reach the 9th pick.