• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Urban Meyer announcement

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have to ask this question, and I know I'm going to be attacked for it. Because I don't know where the line is or even if there IS a line....

And no I don't support domestic violence.

I was completely unaware that EVERYTHING you did or do in your private life affects your job/career. Maybe I'm naive, but I've never been in any major trouble aside from some assorted speeding tickets and parking tickets in my life. If we all list out 50 things that aren't necessarily good things, should all of them get you fired from your job???

speeding ticket? park in a handicap spot? flip off a cop?

Was Zach a good coach??? Did he do his actual job well? I'm trying to get this straight. Was Zach charged? if yes or no, should that mean he shouldn't be able to support himself?? How is his ex going to get child support now???? So.... he should just not work the rest of his life? What sense does that make?

I guess I have a problem with something you do in your private life, automatically means you have to be fired from a job let's say you were actually doing well. Who decides what crime, or bad deed gets you fired or not fired?!?!?!?!

:noidea:

This guy does. Not everybody has a boss like Zach Smith had.
Pull your head out of the sand.

1)Urban Meyer's mentor (2nd only to his very father) is Earl Bruce.
2) Zach Smith is Earl Bruce's grandson.
3) The Meyer's have know Zach Smith since he was born and Zach is like a son to them.
4) Zach played for Urbs when he was head coach at Bowling Green.
5) Zach started his coaching career at Florida under Urbs.
6) Zach was then given a job at Ohio St when Urbs took that job.

Through all of the distraction, discrediting, and personal attacks on others, there is ONE and only ONE person (other than Zach And Courtney themselves) that had the incentive and influence to keep Zach Smith gainfully employed.
That would be Urbs.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach was a great recruiter and a horrible coach.

Bottom line is that, if Zach was even charged - not convicted, but charged - in 2015, he would've been gone. Of course lack of charges doesn't mean he wasn't guilty of it, even if she was also beating him or instigating things. However, the fact is that when you couple all of that with his other fuck-ups, he should've been relieved of his duties at OSU. Urban gave him way too many chances out of loyalty to Earle, and he deserves his punishment.

Pure speculation.
McMurphy and/or the Columbus Dispatch will get ALL the records Chief Vest is conveniently hiding.
A judge will see right through Chief hiding behind a 2016 clause that as long as an investigation is still open he can't release details.
Pure speculation on my part, but I assume there's a report with the clearance checked "Closed" and it also got unchecked when people started poking around.
Screenshot_2018-08-23-15-06-15.jpg

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol red alert put on his sassy pants this morning and he is piisssssssssed

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have to ask this question, and I know I'm going to be attacked for it. Because I don't know where the line is or even if there IS a line....

And no I don't support domestic violence.

I was completely unaware that EVERYTHING you did or do in your private life affects your job/career. Maybe I'm naive, but I've never been in any major trouble aside from some assorted speeding tickets and parking tickets in my life. If we all list out 50 things that aren't necessarily good things, should all of them get you fired from your job???

speeding ticket? park in a handicap spot? flip off a cop?

Was Zach a good coach??? Did he do his actual job well? I'm trying to get this straight. Was Zach charged? if yes or no, should that mean he shouldn't be able to support himself?? How is his ex going to get child support now???? So.... he should just not work the rest of his life? What sense does that make?

I guess I have a problem with something you do in your private life, automatically means you have to be fired from a job let's say you were actually doing well. Who decides what crime, or bad deed gets you fired or not fired?!?!?!?!

:noidea:

Basically, anything you do in your "private life" that becomes public can be something that can be used against you re: your employment. Especially if it can bring embarrassment or other issues on your employer.

In cases like college athletics, where coaches like to talk about how they "turn boys into men", have "core values" and preach things like respecting women, no drugs, etc., etc. It's kind of important that you practice what you preach. So, coaches who aren't living up to the same values they expect from their players, can and should face discipline up to and including termination.

WPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Sooey Pig?!?! @WPS is posting to the college boards!
@WPS, it is you! It is you!
Hey Tinny! After 40-years wondering in the wilderness post-Fan Nation, I've found my way back to the message boards. TBH, the Bert Belima administration was a good time for an Arky-loving, red-headed step children to hide in the wilderness :-)

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is no way to stop it. It's inevitable, however his tweet basically saying he understands why :herbie: bailed that state is somewhat misplaced. There are quite a few going way over the top, but of course it's just a very sick and twisted minority and unfortunately would happen pretty much at any school these days. It's more about our society and the deterioration of social skills as a whole.
Once again, McMurphy gets it all wrong.

Herbstreit moved to Tennessee to save his marriage. Had nothing to do with Ohio State fans, but it was a cool cover story.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Tinny! After 40-years wondering in the wilderness post-Fan Nation, I've found my way back to the message boards. TBH, the Bert Belima administration was a good time for an Arky-loving, red-headed step children to hide in the wilderness :-)
Maybe we can begin to offer suggestions for a befitting avatar pic?
Redheads-bruise.jpg

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Buckeye fans cognizant that they would cheer and applaud Urban, if at halftime at a game in Columbus, Meyer sh!t on a dinner plate, then grabbed an Ohio cheerleader and made her eat it?
.900 winning percentage and a National Championship.....

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, his wife caught him cheating here in Columbus and said, "we're moving or you are moving out". You think that's the story he's going to tell the media?
So the same reason Urban faked a heart attack in Gainsville.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. :noidea:

This was one of the responses in McDildo's twitter feed:

Speaking with ATF’s lisp
WHERE’S THE PROOF, THERE’S NO EVIDENCE THAT HE CHEATED ONLY RUMORS BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO TAKE DOWN A GOOD REPORTER!!!!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did it mysteriously disappear from McDildo's FaceBook page?
Why did what disappear? :noidea: You were replying to something about I was passing along about Earl Bruce actually talking to Courtney as she claimed and how that was included in tOfficial report. So what exactly is now missing?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, McMurphy gets it all wrong.

Herbstreit moved to Tennessee to save his marriage. Had nothing to do with Ohio State fans, but it was a cool cover story.

Maybe because his wife wanted to get away from you crazy ass Ohio State fans? :noidea:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking with ATF’s lisp
WHERE’S THE PROOF, THERE’S NO EVIDENCE THAT HE CHEATED ONLY RUMORS BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO TAKE DOWN A GOOD REPORTER!!!!
Dude you are obthessed with me, back off my jock already.